Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to go for servicing

1. Default Where to go for servicing

Hello everyone. I'd like to give my car a full service, fluid change etc but haven't a clue where best to go. I need to check the records to we when cam belt and valve/ tappers or whatnot are next needed but assuming nothing major it would be sensible to have oil, coolant, brake fluid changed. Where do you go with these cars that is recognised as respectable?

Geographically 2 areas work for me- london and outskirts or Cotswolds.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Default

65 views on the main nsx forum and no one can tell me where to get some basic work done that will add and no detract from the service book? Throw me a bone here!

plans Motorsport still know what they are doing?
    some honda dealer?

Norton Way Honda Letchworth ,Mine has been serviced there for 11 years . Very good knowledge , just had all water pipes replaced and cv joint repacked and new boots.15 years old so just preventative maintenance.
    97 Sebring Silver Ex Honda show car.

4. Default

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirejo View Post
    ... assuming nothing major it would be sensible to have oil, coolant, brake fluid changed. Where do you go with these cars that is recognised as respectable?
    Any old Halfords Autocentre... how hard can it be
    The older I get, the faster I was

6. 06-07-2013, 02:33 PM

Reason
    Double post for some reason!?!

7. Default

How about TGM?

8. Default

@mattdc5 - what's TCM? I don't think Halfrauds auto centre sends the right image that a car has been well looked after. Preservation of value as important as a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjwin View Post
    Norton Way Honda Letchworth ,Mine has been serviced there for 11 years . Very good knowledge , just had all water pipes replaced and cv joint repacked and new boots.15 years old so just preventative maintenance.
    How much did they charge for that? Can you check what the labour charge was please?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirejo View Post
    I don't think Halfrauds auto centre sends the right image that a car has been well looked after. Preservation of value as important as a job well done.
    from previous threads honda service doesn't guarantee 'well looked after' either!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

11. Default

Johnson's Honda Milton Keynes have so far done a good job on my NSX. I think they have one or two other regular NSX owners that use them. One of their technicians is a previously "certified" NSX tech. I have always found them helpful especially given the rather bespoke servicing requirements of an aging car. I usually try and speak to Vic the service manager.

I would add that if Jonathan would let me pay him I would have him service it for me :-)
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast