Thread: (One of) Senna's NSX(s) for sale: £80k

Default (One of) Senna's NSX(s) for sale: £80k

Plausible story, but no actual sign of any Senna provenance in the advert: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C400296

Perhaps there's a pair of black loafers and white socks in the glove box?

Would rather import an NA1 NSX-R from Japan that pay for that. Personally for me, the previous owner/owners of a car isn't an incentive for me to buy. I've had a couple of cars with famous owner history, but never stated that in the adds lol.

A real die hard Senna fan might be interested?
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

In the vintage guitar market, it makes a LOT of difference. And if the car had actually won something with Senna at the wheel, then maybe.

But what do I know? I got all excited when Felicity Kendall's old Mercedes 190 came onto the market a few years ago... :o

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    In the vintage guitar market, it makes a LOT of difference. And if the car had actually won something with Senna at the wheel, then maybe.

But what do I know? I got all excited when Felicity Kendall's old Mercedes 190 came onto the market a few years ago... :o
    Not just vintage guitars. I owned a 1997 Black and Ivory Gibson Les Paul Standard borrowed by a major Britpop star. He then used a silver pen to sign and write on the back of the guitar what songs/album he had used it on, wrote and signed a letter detailing its provenance. Given that the guitar probably cost £1200 in 1997 and might (in its original state) be worth £2000........It was sold in 2010 for £39,000
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Senna had a residence in Algarve while the Formula 1 was in Europe, therefore Honda Motor Co. had this car for his disposable during all season.
    So it was a car that Senna might have driven not owned
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

6. Default

Call me crazy, but i'm interested. I would like to see genuine demonstration of provenance though; it talks about Honda had it ready for him, suggesting he never owned it and therefore is not on the log book... i'll enquire.
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

Hi,

That NSX was owned by Senna.... it's title still has "Ayrton Senna da Silva" written on it...

Nuno

We stayed in Quinta do Lago on the Algarve a year or 3 ago - Senna had a house here and they have named a very nice road after him:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1351_senna.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	11827  
    Last edited by Senninha; 01-07-2013 at 06:42 AM.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post

...I know that feeling too I bought a Mazda MX5 simply because the previous owner was Carol Decker from Tpau!
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Quote Originally Posted by UnhuZ View Post
    Hi,

That NSX was owned by Senna.... it's title still has "Ayrton Senna da Silva" written on it...

Nuno
    It's a bit surprising that the seller didn't mention that in the advert. It's mode specific than the other stuff he talks about.