Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How many miles do you do a year in your NSX? :)

Quote Originally Posted by 328 View Post
    Well done mate!!

I drove mine out the garage to wash...so covered about 10metres ...but better than 0!!
    And IM guessing from your post though then pus it away with the chassis and brakes etc still wet … at least drive it around the block to blow of the residual washing/hosing water … you’ll creat more issue for yourself if you dont …

And as with your other post about turning it over and letting it run (in the garage) for 20 minutes, it would be far healthier for the NSX if you just drive it for 20 minutes …

Whatever you do, enjoy it … as for my mileage … C-19 and lack of meets have meant little mileage last two yrs, certainly sub1k … however this year is already of to a great start having clocked 1400 in past 6 weeks … and I have the NC500 later in the year which will add at least another 1500 so going to be a great year … and as Kaz says, I smile everytime I drive mine …
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I do 5K every year, apart from 2020, 2K of those are usually a Euro trip, taking in some of the 'Driving Roads', Europe has to offer. This year's is planned to be the Black Forest B500 & any suitable roads in that area. The car is used daily during the summer months, alternating it weekly with the S2000. It's now done over 190K miles, which I guess could be one of the highest of any car in the forum.
    Wix

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NSX 2000 View Post
    Found this old thread, and thought it was worth a revisit as 1, the pamdemic of the last 2 years, 2, prices of NSX's are going up, 3, I've just had mine MoT'd.

So between 2012 and 2019 I was doing about 2K miles a year, I then manged 1K miles for the next MoT in June 2020. Then for the MoT done this month, (nearly 2 years later) I've manged just over 200 miles, of which 10% was driving to the garage for the MoT! (If you are wondering it passed the MoT with out a single problem).
    Nice findings, Paul.

Used to do like over 12K miles a year but gradually dropped down to somewhere around 6K, then to 5K before below 4K miles per annum.

2020 was only about 2K miles but I didn't drive on the motorway at all for whole year, in fact until Aug/21 so 20 months of no motorway journey.
    Considering that, not too bad.

2021 was about 3K miles.
    Not great….
    My TB/WP are more than 10 years old now but only covered like 32K miles….

Kaz

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post
    Nice findings, Paul.

Used to do like over 12K miles a year but gradually dropped down to somewhere around 6K, then to 5K before below 4K miles per annum.

2020 was only about 2K miles but I didn't drive on the motorway at all for whole year, in fact until Aug/21 so 20 months of no motorway journey.
    Considering that, not too bad.

2021 was about 3K miles.
    Not great….
    My TB/WP are more than 10 years old now but only covered like 32K miles….

Kaz
    My car has averaged 2050 miles / year over 32 years. But now that I have two NSXs, I only put on 500-1000 miles a year. (2 -3 tanks of fuel.)
    1991 Red / Black NSX
    2002 Blue / Blue S2000
    Edmonton, AB, Canada

In the early days (for me at least; 2005) about 8-10k per year. In the last 4 years around 500 miles a year if that. Depressing when you think about it. Why? A mixture of rising values, not having a garage for 3 years, so the car being in storage and the total lack of anywhere to take it. To clarify this, I mean nowhere within 100 miles. When I first got into these cars, there was a group of us who would organise events, meet up at weekends and contribute to the forum regularly. I guess life gets in the way and the interests take a back seat. Most of those people have moved on. I suppose that nothing is forever. I also find car shows a bit of a conflict; I like meeting up and chatting, but in another way I find it a bit vain. Oh my fragile little mind!
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

I'm too embarrassed to say...

Same sort of thing as James - too many brain-damaged on the roads, too much traffic, etc.

Especially since parts are becoming harder to find right now.

I'd sooner go walk the dawg than drive, quite frankly.

Mind you, it does feel damned special on the rare occasions...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

So back in May I’d already covered 1400 miles … since then I’ve added almost the same again with a couple of trips to Goodwood, a few runs with some like minded enthusiasts and the recent Essex meet and runs … this weekend the NSX is in the shop for its AC service and repair before being treated to another oil change in preparation for the NC500 …
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Hi Paul.....what needs doing to your AC?

I bit the bullet and had the system overhauled on Y1 last year - with the front bumper coming off, it's quite a performance!

I knew one of the condensers was shot, so had new replacements for both. But when the AC guy got in there a couple of the pipes were also suspect. One I managed to order from Japan, the other was unavailable everywhere, so had to be refabricated from scratch!

I hope things go more smoothly for you!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200706_130245.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	14681  
    Last edited by WhyOne?; 22-09-2022 at 08:09 AM.

About 2k so far this year. Took it up the hill at Prescott, Silverstone Classic and a few days in the Yorkshire Dales with a friend who has an F Type. Needless to say the NSX got more attention than the Jag . Driving in the Dales was fun.
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345