Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NSX sold on eBay for £1020.....

I personally think £10k is way too much for a car being broken for spares that has obviously been sitting for some time. Fair play though, the dealer got a good price.

Well considering not long ago you could have had a fully functioning auto for that price.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

I'd put a 'place-holder' bid down while I was desperately working out where I'd store it!

I was also watching and bidding for this car here from Portugal, that would be just perfect to complete my "naked" test car I bought 3 month ago from Honda delalership in France!
    When I asked them for more details of the car prior to bid, here's what they answered me:

"Vehicle is 5spd man fwd.

engine will manually turn
    interior is complete. black leather
    we have keys for vehicle
    Airbags are not deployed.
    vehicle will likely go for more than £2000
    Please remember we will remove the bulkhead and floor prior to removal as vehicle is for parts only"

I ended up offering them 4000£..but now I understand why they didn't sell it to me
    Anyway, 10K is way too high considering there is no papers, engine is probably not running, and steering wheel on the wrong side of the car ... so no regrets for me

It wasn't me!....
    it must be someone who has spare body panels... Maybe someone who going wide body ??

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

bit of t-cut sort that out lol.

With that info perhaps not worth 10k ... But there are some very good salvageable parts from that car and will fetch good money if/when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by hugabuga View Post
    I was also watching and bidding for this car here from Portugal, that would be just perfect to complete my "naked" test car I bought 3 month ago from Honda delalership in France!
    When I asked them for more details of the car prior to bid, here's what they answered me:

"Vehicle is 5spd man fwd.

engine will manually turn
    interior is complete. black leather
    we have keys for vehicle
    Airbags are not deployed.
    vehicle will likely go for more than £2000
    Please remember we will remove the bulkhead and floor prior to removal as vehicle is for parts only"

I ended up offering them 4000£..but now I understand why they didn't sell it to me
    Anyway, 10K is way too high considering there is no papers, engine is probably not running, and steering wheel on the wrong side of the car ... so no regrets for me
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

If it's a breaker maybe now i''ll finally get my rear fog light system and the rest of my headlight washer system.

Cheers
    nigel

Quote Originally Posted by mjames75 View Post
    I'm amazed some of us were watching/bidding and didn't post a link on the forum! Some things are meant to be kept quiet?! I guess we're growing up!
    Don't be there are a lot of things that are kept quiet on this "open" community.

Seems a lot given that its obviously a cat a or b and therefore cannot be put back on the road.

Good value if you have a bare car and need to rebuild but for a dealer to buy and sell the parts from, they will be there for a very long time selling parts just to get your money back.
    Not another NSX project!
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Porsche 981 Boxster S
    BMW E46 M3
    1998 NA2 Midnight Purple Targa Manual - Gone - to Thailand
    1999 NA2 Kaiser Silver Manual Track Car - Gone - and found its true destiny on the race track
    1992 NA1 Sebring Silver Coupe Manual -
    Gone (although still in my showroom in storage)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12