Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Wheel Spacers

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    A small drop of penetrating oil overnight, impact driver and off they come ... no issues ... would be good to know if this can be completed on the car ... Thanx

Quick Q --- has everyone received their spacers that ordered?

regards, Paul
    hi paul,

yes greatly received and reading the thread about how to tackle the fronts

cheers for all your time and help with this!

cheers,

andy

Hi ,

Only just had mine fitted whilst the car was away . The fronts look fine but the rears are really sticking out - carlos fandango eat ya heart out !!

At first I thought I had ordered the wrong size as I could clearly see the rear spacers were a lot wider than the fronts.

Then I checked this thread and confirmed the 15mm F & 25mm R , so it must be down to my after market alloys.

I think I will have to change the rears to 15mm , I'm hoping the offset will all be ok as the rear wheels / tyres are
    already wider than the fronts .

Its running 215 /40 / 17 AD08's tyres on the front and 255 / 35 / 18 AD08's tyres on the rear .

I'm unsure of the size of the alloys they were purchased from Gary off our forums .

Will it be ok to reduce the rear spacers from 25 mm per side down to 15 mm per side as per the fronts .

I don't really have any other choice , apart from changing the wheels to a standard 7 spoke 16" F 17" R and keeping the 25mm rear spacers .

I still have the original 91 alloys 15 / 16 but really don't want to have to put those back on .

Thoughts ?

thanks Mark

Hi Mark,

those WORK wheels were designed with offsets to push the wheels slightly further out than OEM wheels without having to use spacers. The spacers people have been buying on the thread (like the one I have as well) are mostly being used to step out OEM wheels a little. I'm not sure of the offset for the Work wheels anymore but it should be stamped on the inside, the ET number. Compare that to the ET number on an OEM wheel, say a facelift wheel. If the difference between those numbers is 10 then yes you'd probably want to come down to 15mm spacers on the rear to get a comparable stance to what other have.. The 15mm ones are slip over though not bolt on like the 25mm. You'd therefore need to fit longer studs... You'll probably find a bit more information on nsxprime along with pictures possibly?

Cheers,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by markevo6 View Post
    Hi ,

Only just had mine fitted whilst the car was away . The fronts look fine but the rears are really sticking out - carlos fandango eat ya heart out !!

At first I thought I had ordered the wrong size as I could clearly see the rear spacers were a lot wider than the fronts.

Then I checked this thread and confirmed the 15mm F & 25mm R , so it must be down to my after market alloys.

I think I will have to change the rears to 15mm , I'm hoping the offset will all be ok as the rear wheels / tyres are
    already wider than the fronts .

Its running 215 /40 / 17 AD08's tyres on the front and 255 / 35 / 18 AD08's tyres on the rear .

I'm unsure of the size of the alloys they were purchased from Gary off our forums .

Will it be ok to reduce the rear spacers from 25 mm per side down to 15 mm per side as per the fronts .

I don't really have any other choice , apart from changing the wheels to a standard 7 spoke 16" F 17" R and keeping the 25mm rear spacers .

I still have the original 91 alloys 15 / 16 but really don't want to have to put those back on .

Thoughts ?

thanks Mark
    Last edited by Hagasan; 16-02-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Thanks Gary , It now makes sense and I think as you suggested if I go down to 15 mm on the back it will look ok .

I'll have to look into what will be involved in swapping the 25 mm rears to a 15 mm , shame they are not a simple bolt on item though .

Are these any good , by the looks of it you can simply bolt them on the same as the 25m H&R rears which will save having to fit longer studs as per the fronts .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ICHIBA-V2-15...-/280933679740

Cheers for the info
    Last edited by markevo6; 16-02-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789