Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSX at 4Star

Default NSX at 4Star

£65k. Was this car for sale last year with 10k miles on the clock ?

http://www.4starclassics.com/Honda-NSX-For-Sale/
    "If in doubt, flat out"

The late great Colin McRae

My Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44883793@N05/

2. Default

Looks lovely. I spend a lot of time poring over 4 star classics. The adverts are excellent examples of how to sell a car for a premium price in my opinion. I have no issue with dealers making their money by adding value. I think 4star take a minimum 5k commission if SoR.

Theres also an ad for a facelift targa for 56k. Good to see some cars changing hands as summer approaches.

I agree, they sure know how to advertise a car with many quality shots & good descriptions.
    Also price wise, they do seem too be on the high side but then if thats their selling technique
    & it works, why change it. They always seem to have quality & variety of stock in.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

The price doesn't seem to be too far off considering Honda Chiswick sold a 2005 car in red with 34000 miles on for around £57000 recently
    2005 3.2 litre NSX, Berlina Black

from Gordon Murray: The NSX’s development costs must have been enormous. Everything on it is unique. The chassis, powertrain, even the air conditioning are peerless. That aluminum body was very expensive. The numerous hurdles overcome by the NSX to reach production in areas such as spot welding, corrosion, and repairability make it a monumental work in automotive history.

Agree that it is a very nicely presented and well written advert.

Makes James's car look a v. good buy........
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

I went to 4 Star Classics a few months ago when I was looking for an old Merc SL (R107)... for the wife of course. They had 5 in stock so could good look at a few for comparison. They're nice chaps and were very helpful. The vast majority of stock is on S.O.R.

The were about to move premises back then and should have done so by now. The old facility was a couple of farm buildings with an office and the photo studio built in one of them. They dress the cars very well, take some great pics and write an excellent description. The cars then sit under covers in the storage building. I'm not sure this justifies the strong pricing for people who know what to look for in a car but for more casual car enthusiast they lay it on a plate for them.

I didn't buy a Merc from them but did pick one up later (pic below) with the knowledge learned

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merc SL.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	11779

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by markc; 11-05-2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: pic added
    The older I get, the faster I was

Very nice Mark, I've always had a soft spot for them!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Reminds me of Stefanie Powers

Good find Mark, I so would like one of them!
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Reminds me of Stefanie Powers
    More Bobby Ewing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8VpCPUdCgE
    The older I get, the faster I was

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast