Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time to let go

Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post
    I also found the comment about modern cars make you drive too fast odd
    No, I totally concur with Suirejo. NSX has the perfect amount of power and driveability to enjoy the UK roads. I also have a 996 Turbo - an awesome feat of engineering and a real supercar but it is too good and capable. Endless grip, endless power - perfect for a race track or autobahn but going for a fun and involving drive, it has to be the NSX, and has to be naturally aspirated!
    Not another NSX project!
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Porsche 981 Boxster S
    BMW E46 M3
    1998 NA2 Midnight Purple Targa Manual - Gone - to Thailand
    1999 NA2 Kaiser Silver Manual Track Car - Gone - and found its true destiny on the race track
    1992 NA1 Sebring Silver Coupe Manual -
    Gone (although still in my showroom in storage)

The difference between a SC NSX and a turbocharged NSX is the delivery of power. The SC NSX power is linear! It really feels like NA but with more power and is smooth. Hagasan can confirm with Arys' comment as he has driven them and hopefully another of our long-serving member will also confirm in a couple of weeks.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

3. Default

I dont think modern sports cars HAVE to be driven fast. But they often don't feel enormously exciting until you are in licence losing territory. A 5 second, 2nd gear prod of the loud pedal in an R8 V10? I am guessing time at Her Majesty's pleasure. And I think that's the joy of different cars in different situations. I drove from london to Goodwood last weekend in the NSX. Lovely roads once you peel off the a3 and the nsx felt the perfect companion. Stopped in for a chat at fernhurst tvr. With the wife in the passenger seat and occasionally driving it felt the perfect car for the journey. Would it have been as enjoyable in my 996gt3.2? I don't think so. With a ride much less compliant and a real edge to everything it would have felt like I was being thrown into a verge at every bump on some of the minor roads. Better keep the last tenths for the track, then, in that car.

The NSX never felt under or overpowered. A little soft? Perhaps, but it is a targa and you gain when the journey returns to the mundane. Horses for courses then. And I think the NSX has plenty to be able to enjoy driving, sub 100 leptons. It's a little like the GT86 debate.

Quote Originally Posted by drmikey View Post
    I also have a 996 Turbo - an awesome feat of engineering and a real supercar
    Ouch!

IMHO the NSX is a real junior supercar, and the GT2 is a real supercar, the 996TT is a sports car.

SC NSX is just like naturally aspirated, really easy to enjoy and drive slowly ( if you can manage it :-) ) or go into hyperdrive!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123