Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Formula 1 - 2013. (Possible spoiler - enter at your own risk)

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    This sort of thing has ended catastrophically in the past - I am thinking most particularly of the San Marino / Zolder - Peroni / Villeneuve incident.
    Wasn't that the year Villeneuve lost his life in qualifying ... thrown clean out of his car IIRC

As for the Red Bull thing .. Seb has done what I suspect Ayrton, Nigel, Michael or any of the World Champions would have done ... and if Seb wraps it up early then he will gift back to Mark once he has another trophy

Shame for Jenson who had been minding his own business
    Stupid decision by Ferrari ... how did they think that wing was going to stay in place?? Foolish mistake
    Mercedes ... they need points so they can spend for the championship within 2 yrs

Impressive first few races for some of the Rookies ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    What about Senna V Prost !
    I am not sure that team orders were a factor in the clearly strained relationship between these two, and even if they were, no one died as a consequence.

Didier Pironi disobeyed team orders to hold station behind Villeneuve and overtook him on the final lap to take the win. Gilles was incensed and most observers (including Nigel Roebuck who was a good friend and spoke to Gilles on several occasions between the San Marino and Zolder races) believe that Pironi's duplicity drove Gilles to drive like a man possessed (even more so than usual!) in qualifying at Zolder, desperate to beat Pironi. It was actually on Gilles's 'slow down' lap in qualifying that he collected the rear of Mass's March and fatally crashed. Gilles, characteristically, was driving the lap absolutely flat out - he didn't do 'slow down' laps! Very sadly I don't expect we will see his likes again.
    Last edited by WhyOne?; 26-03-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

What Seb did was dishonourable.

vettel is always ignoring team orders, especially the 'take it easy and bring the car home' orders when he's miles in the lead, and then decides to pop in a quickest lap time.

the usual team strategy is team 'mates' can race til the last of the pit stop cycles, then hold station after that to preserve the car unless chasing down another team. the bosses look at the long game with limited engines etc for the season!

and just how much fuel did they leave out of Hamiltons car??? he seemed to be fuel saving for half the race, and even without team instruction would have been in the top 4..
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post

and just how much fuel did they leave out of Hamiltons car??? he seemed to be fuel saving for half the race, and even without team instruction would have been in the top 4..
    He always gets a little over excited with new tyres on, blatting about chasing folks down. Then the enevitable call to the pits "Hey guys, my tyres are gone", "Ok Lewis, by the way you're also out of fuel". The 'blatting about' has usually put him in a position where he can afford a rest though.
    I guess they may have let Nico through if they were being hounded by the MIA Button and/or Alonso. The Force India's also would have been up there but for their knackered nuts.
    我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12