Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cayman

Latest woid is the CTR not out until 2015 (& then the probably in the Bagpuss Civic since the one after mightn't be ready!) and the CR-Z pretty much sine die although the CRzzzzzzz's expected to struggle on for another decade...

The management in their ivory tower hates such cars...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    Fatter/grippier tyres must be a factor.
    Only about 235 on the Cayman fronts, the smart roadster I had had 205 but still had assisted steering on 800kg car!
    There are quite a few slight little ladies driving old Lamborghinis, so come on manufacturers we can handle it.
    我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

Quote Originally Posted by gumball View Post
    Don't really see why they put assisted steering on all cars now, especially on a light sports car.
    'cos for parking no assistance is a right pain!

Had to manoeuver my Dad's old Alfa Guilia Spider (850kg, 155x15 tyres) into his garage the other day, I was knackered after that

The previous Cayman was a fantastic drive but most people with that sort of money to spend on Porsche would rather have a nearly new Carrera. The vast majority of these sheep wouldn't know or care which was the better to drive

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Mark, you must be like Popeye after the spinach!

Gumball, I think the Fezza 360 had 215 fronts too like NA2 pop ups?

Going back to the Smart, what ever width the fronts are, I'm not sure
    it would stop it from its understeer tedency? I don't mean to offend, but
    I remember something on a TG test?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Mark, you must be like Popeye after the spinach!

Gumball, I think the Fezza 360 had 215 fronts too like NA2 pop ups?

Going back to the Smart, what ever width the fronts are, I'm not sure
    it would stop it from its understeer tedency? I don't mean to offend, but
    I remember something on a TG test?
    Popeye? More like Olive Oyle! Lol

The Roadster not the city car, great little handler, flat out everywhere.
    我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

Friend had a spare ticket for the Cayman launch party at Guildford OPC last night. Was a very enjoyable evening. Sat in 3 new Caymans from a low spec 2.7 @£46k up to a £72k 3.4. Was impressed by even the basic seats in the base version. Gearbox not as tight as NSX, but seating position broadly similar.

Not sure that I but into all the Porsche marketing, but they are very generous with their hospitality - I hope the new NSX launch is just as impressive.

3.4 at £72K! I assume this is with top spec & most of the options? Interesting pricing with Porsche
    these days. The NA2 pop ups coupe were about £70-71K when new. Having said that the base 991
    is now nearly £80K & with some options about £90K? Would be interesting what the pricing structure
    will be for the new NSX.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    3.4 at £72K! I assume this is with top spec & most of the options? Interesting pricing with Porsche
    these days. The NA2 pop ups coupe were about £70-71K when new. Having said that the base 991
    is now nearly £80K & with some options about £90K? Would be interesting what the pricing structure
    will be for the new NSX.
    It was pretty specced up - base is ~£48k IIRC. I would love to know how badly a base spec car with no options whatsoever would fare in the second hand market.

I would pitch the new NSX at £90k tops- Honda have no brand image whatsoever in that sector at the moment. I was sent a flyer for a Chiswick Honda open day - featuring (IIRC) the Jazz, Civic and CR-V - even the Koreans have a more exciting range than that!

If I could afford a new Cayman, I'd get this car,

我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

That's a pretty looking car. My only reservation would be; it's Italian and its got what on paper, looks like an uninspiring power plant.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast