Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member - Midlands

Default New Member - Midlands

Hi Folks.

I've just bought the Green NSX Manual from Andy @ Vtec Direct.

I got rid of my 3 and a half year old Caterham 7 to fund this. Although I'll miss it (a little bit) I'm sure the NSX will provide just as much fun, with added practicality (like a windscreen!), and hope the Missus will enjoy driving it too - She refused to drive the 7. The NSX is a car I've always lusted after, so I'm pretty chuffed I've now got one.

No doubt I'll have loads of questions in the near future - I'll search the forums first, but forgive me in advance if I ask some pretty basic fundamental questions.

So, my first question - are there any/many owners in the Midlands? I'm based in Redditch. Do you have regular meets?

Congrats & welcome.

congrats on the purchase of Andy's car and welcome along!

you should not have to do any servicing in the immediate future thats for sure

Well done
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Welcome. Great car with all the maintenance already done so you can just drive it and enjoy it.
    Well worth coming along to Japfest in May if you are free, last year there was a great turn out of NSX owners
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

Blog Entries

Congratulations on becoming the proud owner of NSX.

If you visit the ‘2013 Events’ forum, you will find several club member organised events.
    You can get the tickets with special discount using the ‘Club code’ for each events.

On 3, 4, 5/May, it’s the Donington Hostoric Festival followed by Japfest on 11/May.
    Then, there is Silverstone Classic on 26, 27, 28/Jul.

There are some local meetings from time to time with mid/short notice as well so best to visit this site regularly.

Welcome to the club.

Regards,
    Kaz

6. Default

Welcome

Thanks for the welcome chaps.

I'm currently working my way through some of the threads on the refreshes - some amazing content in there, REALLY good stuff. Where's the thanks/respect button?! So much more useful and informative content than some other forums that I've frequented.

I'll do my best to attend some of the upcoming shows - thanks for the heads up.

So, are there no other owners in the Midlands?

Hi Brad,

I'm in Stratford, 328 is in South Birmingham, and there's at least a couple of other NSX owners I'm aware of locally too (gold pop-up, think NA2, and a blue facelift, plus I believe a red one near Cov), but they're not on here.

No regional meets, unfortunately - not round our way. But the national stuff as mentioned above. Plus there's a monthly Pistonheads meet at a pub in NE Leamington, if you want to come along to that? I'm happy to meet up for a coffee / beer one day too, if you just want to get out of the house for a bit...

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Cheers,

Martin.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Hi Martin,

It's good to know there are at least a few local owners!

Once the weather picks up a bit we should meet up. I'm hoping to spend some time tarting mine up a bit over the next few weeks (after showing it off to a few mates first, of course), so once I'm done I'll drop you a line.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gbrad View Post
    Hi Martin,

It's good to know there are at least a few local owners!

Once the weather picks up a bit we should meet up. I'm hoping to spend some time tarting mine up a bit over the next few weeks (after showing it off to a few mates first, of course), so once I'm done I'll drop you a line.

What is the 'tarting up' going to consist of b1gbrad it looked beautiful in the pics when Andy had finished and advertised it?
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans