Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress so far

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shift nob.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	11627

This is the Gear Knob it was listed as a Pilot Motorsports Automatic Shift Knob and I think its normally about $27
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

good man, keep at it!

re the steering wheel, it is a great job and totally changes the feel of driving the car when compared to the original wheel (yuck)

you need to get the official NSX-R horn button kit to finalise your steering wheel! : )

with regards to the stereo I think it looks very nice in the dash ... i just spent the extra to get a sat nav solution incorporated in mine at the time as i could not be bothered with phones or garmin type jobbies cluttering up the interior

i think your £1 improvement on the auto stick is GOOD business ... it is a bit blingy but am sure you can come up with something longer term.

the red stitching is a nice modification to make ... done it meself (along with some help from the wife) just keep at it ... its a bit of a long chore but nice when done

keep up the good work!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Name:  NNS Interior.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  10.4 KB

Installed the Momo Tuner steering wheel and NSXR hub today and so whilst still to complete the colour stitching to the door panels and give the interior a good clean the interior is coming along nicely. I am really pleased with the difference in feel from the steering it feels allot lighter.
    I'd be interested to know how you do this colour stitching thing? Orange stitching on the dashboard and centre console to go with my orange seat centres sounds fun

When I went from the standard airbag wheel (363mm diamater) to the Momo Tuner (350mm) I noticed a definite firming up of the steering response, with the same wheels/tyres/pressures. The theory, less leverage due to the smaller diameter, says it should be heavier rather than lighter. I suspect the new wheels and different tyres/pressures have actually made the difference in feel.

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...olor-Stitching

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    I'd be interested to know how you do this colour stitching thing? Orange stitching on the dashboard and centre console to go with my orange seat centres sounds fun

When I went from the standard airbag wheel (363mm diamater) to the Momo Tuner (350mm) I noticed a definite firming up of the steering response, with the same wheels/tyres/pressures. The theory, less leverage due to the smaller diameter, says it should be heavier rather than lighter. I suspect the new wheels and different tyres/pressures have actually made the difference in feel.

Cheers

Mark

Cheers

Mark

I would agree Mark bit my car feels lighter now despite the smaller diameter and I am comparing it with the feel when I had changed the wheels, maybe its just me as I swear the car is faster when it's clean as well.

As the previous reply shows there is a great thread on prime about colour stitching. It would look awesome in orange for your car in IOP and the great thing is if your tastes change you can just remove it.
    Scott

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford

I received my DA polisher and Maguires speed glaze yesterday. Whilst it was bitter outside I had to brave the cold and spent 15 minutes in the garage just to try an area of the paintwork on the bonnet to see how well it worked in removing the swirl marks which are quite significant on my car. After just a few minutes the results are incredible and I look forward to the weather improving a little so I can spend the time required to do the job properly.
    The polisher I ourchased is this one and it is excellent value for money with the polish and 4 microfibre cloths included.
    Scott

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford

Thank you sir, not seen that before. Doesn't look too difficult, just time consuming. Might have to give it a go when the Westfield is finished... almost there at last

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    I would agree Mark bit my car feels lighter now despite the smaller diameter and I am comparing it with the feel when I had changed the wheels, maybe its just me as I swear the car is faster when it's clean as well.
    I made the change purely for aesthetic reasons but I remember it made more difference to the "feel", not necessarily weight, than I though it would. That was years ago now so I can't remember the specifics. I'm not sure of the maths but it's about 5% smaller so there should be about 5% less movement (at the rim) and therefore require 5% more heft??? Except of course that the EPS system might minimise the extra effort required and therefore the smaller movement makes it feel lighter?

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Talking

Thank you sir, not seen that before. Doesn't look too difficult, just time consuming. Might have to give it a go when the Westfield is finished... almost there at last

I made the change purely for aesthetic reasons but I remember it made more difference to the "feel", not necessarily weight, than I though it would. That was years ago now so I can't remember the specifics. I'm not sure of the maths but it's about 5% smaller so there should be about 5% less movement (at the rim) and therefore require 5% more heft??? Except of course that the EPS system might minimise the extra effort required and therefore the smaller movement makes it feel lighter?

Cheers

Mark

Go for it Mark. the thread and needle cost all of about £15 and then it's just time.
    It's a shame about the weather as I really want to get the car out and enjoy it this weekend, I am sure the steering would feel very light indeed today!!
    Scott

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford

Your NSX is looking very nice indeed, good work!

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    good man, keep at it!

re the steering wheel, it is a great job and totally changes the feel of driving the car when compared to the original wheel (yuck)

you need to get the official NSX-R horn button kit to finalise your steering wheel! : )

with regards to the stereo I think it looks very nice in the dash ... i just spent the extra to get a sat nav solution incorporated in mine at the time as i could not be bothered with phones or garmin type jobbies cluttering up the interior

i think your £1 improvement on the auto stick is GOOD business ... it is a bit blingy but am sure you can come up with something longer term.

the red stitching is a nice modification to make ... done it meself (along with some help from the wife) just keep at it ... its a bit of a long chore but nice when done

keep up the good work!
    I would love the NSXR horn push kit, where can I get one and how much are they?
    Scott

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford