Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Progress so far

1. Default

Lovely Car Scott !

For the rubber and Engine bay parts etc, I recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant, Spray it on your Engine bay and pipes etc and wipe down, offers excellent UV protection. Ive got a 5 litre container so pm me and I'll send you some to sample :-)

regards,

Mike
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

Quote Originally Posted by mjames75 View Post
    Lovely Car Scott !

For the rubber and Engine bay parts etc, I recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant, Spray it on your Engine bay and pipes etc and wipe down, offers excellent UV protection. Ive got a 5 litre container so pm me and I'll send you some to sample :-)

regards,

Mike

Thanks Mike I have pm'd you
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    I was in the same boat...Not ready to move on to DAB but also not happy with the old remote control car aerial. I first fitted one of the stubby's from Lowcustom.com but the reception was diabolical. The unit was amplified but it must be a very poor design....

In the end I thought, well the S2000 short aerial is OEM and thus the quality of reception must be satisfactory? I bought a used one on ebay. I removed the amplifier section from the actual mast (as it cannot be fitted as a whole unit), and extented with a piece of co-ax. Happy to report that AM reception is now perfect, well as crystal clear as AM will be. No engine pick-up interference, no crackle, no pops! FM is also fine. It's just a little bit of work but easy enough....

Gary
    Go DAB....its brilliant
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Default Nsx5/6

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0425.JPG 
Views:	380 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	11672Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0426.JPG 
Views:	376 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	11673Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0428.JPG 
Views:	396 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	11674Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0427.JPG 
Views:	359 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	11675Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0429.JPG 
Views:	366 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	11676

Fitted the newly assigned plate to the car and I think it sets it off really well. I know we all know how old it is but to those that don't you would think its 22 years old would you?
    Hi Scott, looking good, and I just realised you've got the adjacent number plate to mine (NSX5!)

cheers
    1991 Red/Black manual NSX 5 53,000 miles.
    2016 BAC Mono 7,000 miles (just mind blowing, how is it road legal?)

Daily driver 2005 Porsche 997.1 C2S manual (Peak 911 IMHO)

Quote Originally Posted by rkanaga View Post
    Hi Scott, looking good, and I just realised you've got the adjacent number plate to mine (NSX5!)

cheers
    That's cool, i wonder who has NSX 1?
    Scott

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford

That's cool, i wonder who has NSX 1?
    it used to be on a members car many years ago .. IIRC that NSX succumbed to fire damage.

Scott, sorry to have missed you at the weekend, whenever I came looking you were elsewhere ... catch up sometime soon

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    it used to be on a members car many years ago .. IIRC that NSX succumbed to fire damage.

Scott, sorry to have missed you at the weekend, whenever I came looking you were elsewhere ... catch up sometime soon

regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

I never seem to get around to introducing myself to as many people as I would like at these things as I generally bring a friend more interested in the track action, next time hopefully
    Scott

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford

So after just over a year of ownership I have all the teething problems sorted out and can finally enjoy my NSX as intended.
    Over the past years the following has been tackled with the help of many forum members and skilled technicians
    1. Diagnose and overcome the brake light warning issue triggering the TCS and ALB lights in the process
    2. Replace the cracked and fogging up rear light cluster and central panel that had a strange looking melted part as if a soldering iron had been left on it
    3. Upgraded to 7 spoke NSX alloys with new tyres all round.
    4. Colour stitched the dash and door cards on red thread having seen it on Prime. Took over 20 hours in the garage over the coldest part of the year (at least thats my excuse)
    5. Fit a double din head unit as the consul had been hacked at and an aftermarket single din unit badly fitted
    6. NSX6 swapped onto the car, people now don't believe its 21 years old
    7. Vtec Direct carried out a timing belt service, water pump, crankshaft pulley and new red valve covers.
    8. Thanks to Kristen at ATR racing and Andy and Rob at VTec direct the Electric Power steering rack was replaced with a second hand one having identified a very nasty grinding noise in the old rack
    9. Momo tuner steering wheel and Momo hub (sourced as new old stock from the States) fitted. Also replaced the auto know with an aftermarket one but think this is coming back off as a little to aftermarket looking. Oh and new mats with logos embroidered with NSX.
    10. Replace the alternator that was making a humming noise from one of the bearings. I originally paid to have this rebuilt but £80 no better so bought a used one from ebay and thank god the noise was gone. The difference this made was incredible as previously at anything below 1500 revs the car had a terrible humming noise that sent a vibration through the car.
    11. Fitted 25mm wheel spacers to the rears (still to do the fronts but not sure it needs it now the rears are on)

Next I want to remove and refinish the consul as it has a small crack where there is a weak area by the head unit so plan to use some form of compound to strengthen this if anyone has any suggestions?

Really didn't think there would be so much to sort when I bought it but I still get a thrill every time I drive it even though its an auto!! I have spent around 6K since purchase to get here but I still think with the values as they are its a hell of a lot better than leaving it in the bank and allot more fun along the way.
    Scott

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford

All we need now is a set of updated photos please ....
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

So after just over a year of ownership I have all the teething problems sorted out and can finally enjoy my NSX as intended.
    Over the past years the following has been tackled with the help of many forum members and skilled technicians
    1. Diagnose and overcome the brake light warning issue triggering the TCS and ALB lights in the process
    2. Replace the cracked and fogging up rear light cluster and central panel that had a strange looking melted part as if a soldering iron had been left on it
    3. Upgraded to 7 spoke NSX alloys with new tyres all round.
    4. Colour stitched the dash and door cards on red thread having seen it on Prime. Took over 20 hours in the garage over the coldest part of the year (at least thats my excuse)
    5. Fit a double din head unit as the consul had been hacked at and an aftermarket single din unit badly fitted
    6. NSX6 swapped onto the car, people now don't believe its 21 years old
    7. Vtec Direct carried out a timing belt service, water pump, crankshaft pulley and new red valve covers.
    8. Thanks to Kristen at ATR racing and Andy and Rob at VTec direct the Electric Power steering rack was replaced with a second hand one having identified a very nasty grinding noise in the old rack
    9. Momo tuner steering wheel and Momo hub (sourced as new old stock from the States) fitted. Also replaced the auto know with an aftermarket one but think this is coming back off as a little to aftermarket looking. Oh and new mats with logos embroidered with NSX.
    10. Replace the alternator that was making a humming noise from one of the bearings. I originally paid to have this rebuilt but £80 no better so bought a used one from ebay and thank god the noise was gone. The difference this made was incredible as previously at anything below 1500 revs the car had a terrible humming noise that sent a vibration through the car.
    11. Fitted 25mm wheel spacers to the rears (still to do the fronts but not sure it needs it now the rears are on)

Next I want to remove and refinish the consul as it has a small crack where there is a weak area by the head unit so plan to use some form of compound to strengthen this if anyone has any suggestions?
    Scott,

If it's any consolation, your 'cast off' has also required a little 'investment' along the way. But overall, it has been great fun to own for the last year.
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast