Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress so far

Default Progress so far

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0367.JPG 
Views:	455 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	11621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0365.JPG 
Views:	449 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	11620

Having owned my 1991 Auto since last August I have gradually been fixing some of the issues with the car and updating it's looks a little.
    1. The warning light issue the car has had from the day I bought the car and the previous owner had has been fixed so no more brake/TCS and ALB lights thank god.
    2. The bodged audio unit has been upgraded to an Alpine double din unit as the consol had been badly cut up so no chance of going back to original withoiut a new consol.
    3. I found a set of 7 spokes from a 1997 car on Prime and have had these refurbished and fitted with new tyres as I really think the old 15 and 16 inch wheels dated the car.
    4. Just completing the interior colour stitching and replacing the steering wheel with a Momo Tuner and Momo hub (purchased from the US as Momo no longer make them)
    5. Changed the standard auto gear knob for an item found on Ebay.com, I will post pcs once I hae fnished the interior but it feels far better and looks less 90's.
    6. Just purchased an orbital polisher so once it warms up a bit in the garage I intend to start paint correcting each panel to remove the light swirls in the paint.
    7. Replaced cracked rear light cluster and centre piece with good second hand ones

I also have an aggravating humming noise to locate and plan to have a timimg belt service, crank pulley etc done for piece of mind.
    I do need the piece of trim that fits under the steering column as mine has cracked and I have fixed it with fibre glass but its not brilliant and the stone guard for the of side front if anyone happens to have them surplus?
    Last edited by scottg; 15-01-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

Hi Scott,

Its satisfying to knock these little jobs off the list ... I'm sure many of us have them and over time we get them addressed.

The later wheels do so much to update the NSX yet retain the classic lines of the car.

Any details on the Alpine upgrade \ install please?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Humming noise from the interior? Possibly the aspirator fan in the centre console?

Stone guard? Do you mean wheel arch liner? If so, drmikey has some, listed on eBay.

What was the fix for the warning lights in the end, I missed that?

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Hi Scott,

Its satisfying to knock these little jobs off the list ... I'm sure many of us have them and over time we get them addressed.

The later wheels do so much to update the NSX yet retain the classic lines of the car.

Any details on the Alpine upgrade \ install please?

regards, Paul
    Hi Paul,
    I used a company locally called audio in motion. The Alpine unit is a double din with Bluetooth for phone and iPod and acd but not touch screen. I will take some pics and post them.
    Scott

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Humming noise from the interior? Possibly the aspirator fan in the centre console?

Stone guard? Do you mean wheel arch liner? If so, drmikey has some, listed on eBay.

What was the fix for the warning lights in the end, I missed that?
    The humming noise is from the engine bay, could be the alternator bearing. It is not there at start up but once warm after a few mins you can hear it at tick over up to about 1800 rpm.
    The warning lights was a wiring fault with the rear loom in the boot causing the brake light circuit to illuminate the dash lights that in turn trigger the tcs and alb to shut down.

it is a wheel arch liner so ill check out eBay thanks
    Scott

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford

Mmmm, looking forward to the 'full' interior updates ;o) ... 11.30 on Christmas Eve, tutt, tutt ... lol
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Name:  NNS Interior.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  10.4 KB

Installed the Momo Tuner steering wheel and NSXR hub today and so whilst still to complete the colour stitching to the door panels and give the interior a good clean the interior is coming along nicely. I am really pleased with the difference in feel from the steering it feels allot lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Mmmm, looking forward to the 'full' interior updates ;o) ... 11.30 on Christmas Eve, tutt, tutt ... lol
    Scott

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford

Need bigger pics Scott....they look like Avatars!

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post

Name:	IMG_0367.JPG 
Views:	455 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	11621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0365.JPG 
Views:	449 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	11620

Having owned my 1991 Auto since last August I have gradually been fixing some of the issues with the car and updating it's looks a little.
    1. The warning light issue the car has had from the day I bought the car and the previous owner had has been fixed so no more brake/TCS and ALB lights thank god.
    2. The bodged audio unit has been upgraded to an Alpine double din unit as the consol had been badly cut up so no chance of going back to original withoiut a new consol.
    3. I found a set of 7 spokes from a 1997 car on Prime and have had these refurbished and fitted with new tyres as I really think the old 15 and 16 inch wheels dated the car.
    4. Just completing the interior colour stitching and replacing the steering wheel with a Momo Tuner and Momo hub (purchased from the US as Momo no longer make them)
    5. Changed the standard auto gear knob for an item found on Ebay.com, I will post pcs once I hae fnished the interior but it feels far better and looks less 90's.
    6. Just purchased an orbital polisher so once it warms up a bit in the garage I intend to start paint correcting each panel to remove the light swirls in the paint.
    7. Replaced cracked rear light cluster and centre piece with good second hand ones

I also have an aggravating humming noise to locate and plan to have a timimg belt service, crank pulley etc done for piece of mind.
    I do need the piece of trim that fits under the steering column as mine has cracked and I have fixed it with fibre glass but its not brilliant and the stone guard for the of side front if anyone happens to have them surplus?
    Can you get me a picture/link of the auto gear knob. Very curious to see it!

Name:	interior 006.JPG 
Views:	496 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	11623Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interior 002.JPG 
Views:	472 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	11624Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interior 003.JPG 
Views:	470 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	11625Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interior 005.JPG 
Views:	459 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	11626
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    Need bigger pics Scott....they look like Avatars!

SS
    Sorry I had problems resizing on my Mac at home so hopefully these work now.

The gearnob was a find on ebay.com and cost $1 plus postage as I was the only bidder. I need to adapt it a little as you cannot select first gear due to the color at the bottom touching the centre consol at that point but it feels allot better. I would like to change the chrome as its a bit to much bling for me but will wait until its a bit warmer in the garage.
    The Alpine head unit was the best option for a brand name at my budget. I would have liked a Sat Nav but as I have one on my phone it was not justifiable and I quite like the look of this unit anyway.
    The steering wheel has wiothout doubt made the greatest difference to the inetrior and worth every penny.
    Just another 5 or 6 hours of colour stitching to do and I'm almost finished.
    Scott

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford