Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1995 Restored Manual Coupe £22,900

1. Default 1995 Restored Manual Coupe £22,900

Well after many months and way too many pounds and hours spent, the NSX is finally ready for sale. She is now in a seriously high standard of condition, and I am proud to be seen in her anywhere at anytime.
    The car came to us last year in a terrible state, Had been left outside unprotected for almost 3 years, and the poor car had suffered terribly from sun, frost etc.
    Anyway, we were looking to break the car for parts, but i simply couldn't bring myself to do it, as the basic car was ok, with a very straight body, no dents, never been pranged, and with one company director as its owner from new, was just too good to break.
    The mammoth task began with removal of old engine which had seen better days, we sourced a very nice 97 engine with a mere 43k miles on and began putting that into the condition we wanted. So new Cambelt and tensioners, new water pump, new crank pulley, new clutch, new cam cover gaskets, new thermostat, and a few other small bits were fitted prior to the installation.
    Oil was run through for initial start up, and was changed immediately along with filter after one hour running, and was spotless as it is now.
    We also fitted new O2 sensors as the old ones were not perfect and we wanted this car to be as good as we could possibly get her.
    We then looked at everything else mechanical and found we needed to change the clutch master cylinder, so that too was changed for new, Brake fluid and abs flush was also carried out. New abs sensors were fitted to front, as both had failed. New brake discs and pads also fitted.
    Driveshafts inspected, new rear wheel bearing fitted as was a little grumbly.
    A new honda battery was also fitted as winter was fast approaching and for the minimal cost it was worth changing.
    Obviously a full coolant change was also carried out at time of engine replacement.
    Now to the bodywork. the paint was in a very poor condition due to sun fading, water damage from frost etc. so we took her to our local very high end trusted bodyshop. Discussed the job and left the car with him for 3 weeks.
    As the bodyman started on the preparation he decided the best course of action was to take all the outer panels down to bare aluminium and start from fresh. The car looked so cool in just bare metal!!!
    It was then finished in 3 stage pearl paint, at great expense, and the lustre from the paint now, has to be seen to be appreciated.
    We then removed the wheels and had them bead blasted and powder coated to a perfect finish.
    The car was now looking stunning, sounding stunning, and driving stunning. So we then sent away the CCU to KAz for a full refurb to ensure there were no faults to be found on this car.
    Full laser 4 wheel alignment also carried out to ensure she also drove perfect too.

I have personally been driving the car for the last few weeks to ensure everything is ok, and i can confidently say, it is now one of the nicest NSX's i have ever had the pleasure to drive. No noises, no rattles, no faults whatsoever.
    The work carried out on this car will not return us any profit I am sure, but it will inspire total confidence to any prospective purchasers that they will be buying a car which will be fault free and zero mechanical issues for a long time to come.

Here are some pictures which i hope will show the stunning condition of this excellent motor.

So to recap what we are offering for sale.
    N reg 1995/6 NSX Coupe 3.0 Manual
    Charlotte Green Black Roof
    Black Interior
    Pre registered with Honda so 2 owners, But one actual owner from new.
    Some History, more details awaited from Honda dealers.
    10 Months MOT
    10 Months Tax
    Fully restored car with no issues whatsoever.
    148000 miles recorded, engine 43000 miles.
    Very cheap car at £22900

Call me on 01606 598279 or 07834 390344
    email andy@vtecdirect.com
    or message me here.
    Last edited by vtecdirect; 07-01-2013 at 08:36 AM.

2. Default

A couple of extra pics hopefully showing how clean this car is. Really must be seen and driven to appreciate just how good it is.

A

That looks stunning Andy, great finish on the paint. I am sure someone on here is going to be bitting your hand off at 23k
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

4. Default

Thanks Scott, wasnt happy to sell the car until it was as good as i could get it. I reckon a paint detailer could get it even better, but i have merely washed it since it was painted, some decent polish and waz and she would be even deeper gloss am sure.
    Dont want to overprice the car either, just want what i think is fair for such a clean car, with no issues foreseeable due to all the work we have done.

Hi Andy,

She looks really good and a credit to the effort put in, so pleased you decided not to break it up as that would of be a real shame given the results you've acheived.

With all the big jobs done this should be a great start for someone into NSX ownership. IS it the photos or could the seats do with a bit of tlc, ie re-connelising (if thats a word)?

Good luck with the sale ... now wheres Goldtop when these things come on the market??

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

6. Default

Couple of small scratches on drivers seat, will be dealt with monday. Have put leather conditioner on them and will continue this until its sold, getting softer and yummier daily. :-0

well done Andy, she looks brilliant

hopefully potential buyers see the work put in, based on the write up its a bit of a no brainer

there should be a number of enquirers from this site ALONE
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

A credit to you and the paint shop! Great value too.

It will make the new owner very happy and proud.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

That looks lovely, i will be surprised if its not sold pretty soon!

Very, very nice!

This is really a very special and unique community... It feels so good to see one more NSX in great shape!

Best luck for you Andy!

Bruno

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast