Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Classic 2013 - 26-28 July 2013

1. Default Silverstone Classic 2013 - 26-28 July 2013

Dates have been announced – and tickets will go on sale – for the 2013 Silverstone Classic powered by the AA. Firmly established as the world’s biggest classic motor racing festival, next year’s Silverstone Classic will be staged at the world famous Silverstone Grand Prix circuit from Friday 26 to Sunday 28 July.

Building on the record-breaking successes of recent events, next summer’s Silverstone Classic will feature unrivalled racing grids featuring the full spectrum of classic motor sport, an exceptional line-up of classic car displays and parades, an amazing array of interactive family entertainment plus outstanding live music from renowned classic rock bands in the evenings.

Sticking to the event’s hugely popular and widely acclaimed ‘access all areas’ policy, tickets will include free entrance to all racing paddocks, trackside grandstands and all live music concerts. Prices are similar to in 2012 when a record 83,500 reveled in the remarkable atmosphere. Adult tickets start from just £30 (plus fees) with considerable savings for festival-goers spending an action-packed weekend at Silverstone and special packages for car clubs. Full details are available on the official www.silverstoneclassic.com website. For 2013, the event will be advance ticket only with no tickets available on the gate.

“With so much thrilling entertainment both on and off the track, the Silverstone Classic is much more than just the world’s biggest classic motor racing festival – it’s the definitive festival for all car enthusiasts,” enthuses Nick Wigley, Event Director. “We will be announcing our full entertainment programme in the coming months, but we can confirm that all the fans’ favourite race grids will be back and we’ll be celebrating yet more significant milestones in motoring history with some mouth-watering car club displays and parades. We introduced lots of interactive driving experiences in 2012 and we will be expanding that area in 2013. We have some great bands in the pipeline, too.”
    Mike

Make sure Honda have it in thier calender to support us again please ... takes priority over Japfest in my book.

As it is a classic show they could bring along some of the Honda heritage cars they displayed in London a few years ago .... or maybe the next halo car??
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

:yes:

A nice S800 would be really cool next to the gazebo. The new Acura NSX concept would be even better... ;o)
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Make sure Honda have it in thier calender to support us again please ... takes priority over Japfest in my book
    Makes sense as Japfest is only one day and doesn't fit the demographic of the club anymore. Just a shame Silverstone's so expensive.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    :yes:

A nice S800 would be really cool next to the gazebo. The new Acura NSX concept would be even better... ;o)
    like this ?

Last edited by sorepaws; 09-11-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    Mike

not committing until i know the bands performing, and what the cookery demonstration is going to be! (smiley face)
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by sorepaws View Post
    like this ?

I'm looking for one if those or the convertible at the moment! Nice wee motor.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

There's a few nice ones in Japan but like the NSX they hold their price .... Would like a red or white convertible too ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    I'm looking for one if those or the convertible at the moment! Nice wee motor.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

There was a white S600 convertible tucked away under a building in side-street in central Kyoto when we were there...looked just right!
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

10. Cool Prices announced

Update :

Should have the Club booking number for the 2013SSC BOGOF ticket offer very soon

Pricing is as follows :-

Classic Car Club Display Early Bird Tickets Unitl March 31st 2013 Standard Tickets 1st April – 31st May
    Friday £35 £40
    Saturday (limited availability) £50 £55
    Sunday £45 £50
    2-day Fri/Sat £60 £70
    2-day Sat/Sun £70 £80
    3-day Weekend £80 £95

Using the Club Code will get you the 2 for 1 deal on the tickets
    Camping details will follow however I expect them to be similar to last year

So at £80 for 2 people for 3 days of petrol head nirvana this has got to be the best offer of the year

Oh and who is organising it this year ?
    Last edited by sorepaws; 22-11-2012 at 11:44 AM.
    Mike

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast