Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storing Your NSX - What To Look Out For

Lightbulb Storing Your NSX - What To Look Out For

Seen this over on prime, never seen it happen on an NSX before, but seen it on other cars in the past.

Vermin nesting

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

nitemare!!!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Hi Sudesh,

I know a lot of people who have had bikes and cars in garages which have not moved for a few months subject to mice damage, they love to chew rubber, foam, plastic etc and seem to be able to access the smallest of holes and gaps. Also there urine is very damaging. I have always surrounded my bikes and cars with mouse traps, catch one and you know for sure there are going to be more. Forget ultra-sonic devices never found one that works.

Kingsley

Yeah wouldnt be fond of ultrasonic either and as you say, yet to see one that works.

Keeping things very VERY clean is the main thing to do, making sure they have no access to any old scraps/crumbs bins etc. Good cat or dog works well too lol
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Damage is unfortunate, but never liked the term"vermin", they're just making the best of life. :peace:
    我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

A friend of mines dad stored a car for three years in a barn, when he put it way it was less than two years old. When he returned to start using the car again the rats had got in through a window he left part open for ventilation and eaten most of the interior. Try explaining hat one to your insurance company.

nice to see in this case the mice have good taste in cars perhaps the insulation will help stop the damp in the rear light clusters!
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    A friend of mines dad stored a car for three years in a barn, when he put it way it was less than two years old. When he returned to start using the car again the rats had got in through a window he left part open for ventilation and eaten most of the interior. Try explaining hat one to your insurance company.

nice to see in this case the mice have good taste in cars perhaps the insulation will help stop the damp in the rear light clusters!
    Please note that mice only require a hole/ entry the width of a pencil to gain access to a car/ building etc. To keep the blighters out a common solution is to fill such gaps with wire wool. With regards traps the two best solutions are:

Baited CO2/ radar traps: A small box with a hole at either end. Mouse is attracted into the box by the bait and a sensor detects them, closes the doors and fills the box with CO2 which humanely kills the rodent.

A good alternative is to put flour/ on the floor and it shows you where they are gaining access from and where they are going. Also put some "sticky" pads (available from your local rat catcher) on the floor. The mice walk onto this, stick to it and die as a result of the stress/ struggle to get free. These need to be moved around as the mice get smart as to where the sticky pads are....pesky blighters!
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Unfortunately this is were I become useless as I don't like killing anything, so if I was bothered by them, I would need a catch and release setup. Thankfully as Im a cat person, I haven't seen a mouse around these parts in many years and touch wood, I've never seen a rat, worst of the lot.

Plus with having a plenty of birds of prey close by, this also possibly helped in not seeing them.

Got a set of ultrasonics from b n q work great £30 for 2
    Thx amo

How did the little b*gg*r get up there? Is there an open route from the underside of the NSX? :-o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast