Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Silver '91 manual - just appeared and disappeared

Well, the accident was revealed late and rather begrudgingly, and only fully detailed after a sale had been agreed. Read the thread and you will hear that the dealer insisted on a £500 deposit simply to get to see the car first. I'd have wasted 4hrs of work time just to get there and back.

Go and read his current advert for it (yes, it's reappeared on AT at £23995) look past the glowing write-up; find any mention of any accident and I'll send you a cuddly toy. We all know it's buyer beware, but for a Honda Approved sale, you'd expect some peace of mind. Remember that this is not Arthur Daley Deluxe Conveyances of Peckham, this is a Honda main dealer.
    Last edited by goldtop; 18-11-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Very sad state of affairs; yes the ad does say to contact the dealer re any questions but it allows for people to not ask the obvious question as its an official 'reputable' dealer. Sad this is written by a Honda dealer and you have to read the posts made on this thread from the employees to actually see what you are dealing with.

alot of good people work in dealerships across the country ... But I find sales people horrific to deal with ... Only one thing with them they want to squeeze you for everything and not disclose anything to you. It would be nice for the mgmt of this dealership to sort this mess out
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have you actually read the thread?

The accident damage has been detailed fully by the SALES MANAGER.

It has never been "hidden".
    Sorry but that is disingenuous at best. The first guy who pulled out did so because of the accident damage. I was told he pulled out because he could not afford it. I was never told about the accident repair. Bear in mind I have been offered the car on 3 separate occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    it would appear that it is not I that has not actually read the thread ....

Firstly, your sales manager did NOT disclose the 'minor' accident in any of his 6 posts upto the point he announced the car sold.
    Secondly, it was the first buyer that disclosed it had come to light after the sale that the car had been in a minor accident.

How about you spend your time actually doing the job your dealer principal enploys you to do. How about you consider doing some prospecting, you know, that activity that sales people do and actually contact people to generate business rather than sitting bored on a Sunday in the showroom hoping someone might pop in and place an order because the previous dealer couldn't close a deal either. This way instead of sitting in the showroom bored and surfing the net you might actually have some customers to talk too and surprise your DP with some new business.

If you want to get started, try looking at the file full of paper under your desk from the training course you went on ... you might learn something!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpinestars View Post
    Sorry but that is disingenuous at best. The first guy who pulled out did so because of the accident damage. I was told he pulled out because he could not afford it. I was never told about the accident repair. Bear in mind I have been offered the car on 3 separate occasions.
    Well said Paul!

Also not great practice from a dealer discussing the means why someone pulled out of the deal.

Hopefully these guys won't be selling the NEW NSX lol
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

I would and did, I wouldn't even let anyone view the car without providing details of the damage etc.
    Partly because I didn't want to waste anyones time but also because I didn't want to waste my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Love how people jump to conclusions and write so much sh!te on forums!

So if you were selling your car, would you say "yeah its been in an accident", if it hadn't been recorded / written off and the buyer didn't ask the question?

NO you wouldn't - Unless someone specifically asks.

Its a 21 year old car?!
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

6. Default

It's back on PH with no description other than it's silver!

I did have a chuckle at that ... He can write plenty on auto trader and spout crap on here, so what's the issue with ph?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinestars View Post
    It's back on PH with no description other than it's silver!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678