Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver '91 manual - just appeared and disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    At the risk of informing other competitive buyers (!), my daily searches have turned up a silver '91 manual coupe with 54000m for sale as an Approved Used car at a Honda dealer in Grantham. It's on PH and was on AT (which then disappeared). At £19495/£18995 depending on which ad you believe.

(edit) just had a call back - taken off sale while they decide what work it needs to be sold as Approved Used. Sales guy says it's likely to be repriced

If possible I will go and see it tomorrow or this weekend (it's about 1.5hrs away).

Research has revealed only a snap ring failure as an early-model-specific potential fault, so I will check the transmission number and range (anyone have a photo showing where I need to look?)

On such sketchy info, I don't suppose anyone knows the car? Number plate was hidden in the photos I saw, but the serial was T0000000033.
    Only a couple of small things to add but the top windscreen moulding if not replaced, and has shrunk, could be worth a few quid off in your favour....also the crank pulley - check the service records if possible.

Unregistered Guest

Hello,

I thought I should reply to this post as I am the Sales Manager at Grantham Honda, where the orginal car in this post was advertised.

The car has been pulled from sale at the moment. It was originally advertised before the car had come in to stock. Part of being a large group is unfortunately as soon as we have the information all of our cars are advertised. (Including Pistonheads, who supply all of their own data and won't let us amend it!) The car has now been removed from the internet following a Honda Approval check, which has highlighted some work that the car needs. At the moment the NSX is going in for diagnostics, as the ABS light comes on after about 5 minutes of driving. until we know what is causing this the car can not be advertised. Obviously if it is a sensor or something minor we will re-advertise the car straight away, worst case is it needs a new modulator. If this is the case we will have to either trade out of the car, or increase the retail price to cover our costs. The car was genuinely valued and appraised, but due to this I can not currently honour the original advertised price, which is why we had to remove the car from sale.

The history for this car is huge, with every MOT ever carried out, newspaper clippings and photos from the original owner, including one of the NSX parked next to Senna's F1 car! The car really is in excellent condition. The previous owner had it for 10 years, and covered just 20,000 miles in this time. A large amount of the history has been carried out by ourselves. We are one of the few NSX approved Honda dealers in the country, as we are lucky enough to have a Honda Master technician working here who looks after all the NSXs and S2000s that come in to the dealership.

The car is currently on Pirelli tyres, so I would be replacing these with 4 new Honda approved tyres. The previous owner bought his parts from America, and we just charged the labour to service the car. I am still waiting on some of the service history so we can confirm what service was carried out last, as all I have on our system is the labour charged. We should be in a position by the end of the day to know what we will be doing with the car.

I hope this helps, and disspells any thoughts that I am just trying to raise the price of the car with no valid reason! It was originally advertised at a price I was happy with, and believed was certainly very competitive. Hopefully we will be able to sell the car at a very similar price, all depending on what our diagnostics returns. Obviously I will be happy to provide a full list and explanation of any work that we do carry out on the NSX before we sell it, which will back-up any price increase that is necessary from the original advertised price.

Thanks for reading, any questions please don't hesitate to contact me directly, on 01476 575777. Ask for Michael.
    Last edited by Unregistered; 05-11-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: spelling!

Sounds reasonable, Michael. I had a call from someone on your sales team (I don't have my notes in front of me at the moment, so can't recall the name - might have been 'Harry') on Friday and was promised a follow-up call when the decision is made.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Barry

Unregistered Guest

So far diagnosed as an ABS pump, not a modulator, so good news so far. Just awaiting final quote for all the work the car needs and a check on availablilty on the parts. Once I have that information I will post the details on here for you, with a list of what will be completed on the car.

Thanks,

Michael.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,

I thought I should reply to this post as I am the Sales Manager at Grantham Honda, where the orginal car in this post was advertised.

The car has been pulled from sale at the moment. It was originally advertised before the car had come in to stock. Part of being a large group is unfortunately as soon as we have the information all of our cars are advertised. (Including Pistonheads, who supply all of their own data and won't let us amend it!) The car has now been removed from the internet following a Honda Approval check, which has highlighted some work that the car needs. At the moment the NSX is going in for diagnostics, as the ABS light comes on after about 5 minutes of driving. until we know what is causing this the car can not be advertised. Obviously if it is a sensor or something minor we will re-advertise the car straight away, worst case is it needs a new modulator. If this is the case we will have to either trade out of the car, or increase the retail price to cover our costs. The car was genuinely valued and appraised, but due to this I can not currently honour the original advertised price, which is why we had to remove the car from sale.

The history for this car is huge, with every MOT ever carried out, newspaper clippings and photos from the original owner, including one of the NSX parked next to Senna's F1 car! The car really is in excellent condition. The previous owner had it for 10 years, and covered just 20,000 miles in this time. A large amount of the history has been carried out by ourselves. We are one of the few NSX approved Honda dealers in the country, as we are lucky enough to have a Honda Master technician working here who looks after all the NSXs and S2000s that come in to the dealership.

The car is currently on Pirelli tyres, so I would be replacing these with 4 new Honda approved tyres. The previous owner bought his parts from America, and we just charged the labour to service the car. I am still waiting on some of the service history so we can confirm what service was carried out last, as all I have on our system is the labour charged. We should be in a position by the end of the day to know what we will be doing with the car.

I hope this helps, and disspells any thoughts that I am just trying to raise the price of the car with no valid reason! It was originally advertised at a price I was happy with, and believed was certainly very competitive. Hopefully we will be able to sell the car at a very similar price, all depending on what our diagnostics returns. Obviously I will be happy to provide a full list and explanation of any work that we do carry out on the NSX before we sell it, which will back-up any price increase that is necessary from the original advertised price.

Thanks for reading, any questions please don't hesitate to contact me directly, on 01476 575777. Ask for Michael.

Very strange...

Considering I spoke to you regarding this car this morning & you advised me it was going to require a replacement clutch, timing 'chain' (which I then advised you being a belt), & ABS modulator. You then told me that the car was going to be re-advertised at 25,995 and you had a list of potential buyers ready at that price, even after I offered you the full asking price for the car in it's current condition as a trade sale to save you carrying out the above work.

How about the truth?

Regards

John.

Unregistered Guest

Hello again,

The car has finally been approved and does need some work. To get started:

ABS Pump
    75,000 miles service, inc;
    Oil Filter
    Spark plugs
    Timing Belt
    Brake Fluid
    all filters
    4 new Bridgestone tyres
    new battery including earth strap Trunk stays and openers
    new steering rack end
    12 months MOT
    A/C Decontamination

Total bill to me of £3260.98

The car is going back on the internet now. Due to extensive work needed to get it to Honda Approval standards the car will be advertised at £23995.00

any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Michael.

Unregistered Guest

Very strange...

Considering I spoke to you regarding this car this morning & you advised me it was going to require a replacement clutch, timing 'chain' (which I then advised you being a belt), & ABS modulator. You then told me that the car was going to be re-advertised at 25,995 and you had a list of potential buyers ready at that price, even after I offered you the full asking price for the car in it's current condition as a trade sale to save you carrying out the above work.

How about the truth?

Regards

John.
    I mentioned possible clutch to you John. The clutch has been tested and is absolutely fine. I'm not a technician, so I did get chain and belt mixed up, as most modern Honda engines have chains not belts. We were expecting the cost to make the retail price £24995.00 as I quoted you, not £25995.00. As discussed I'm not intertested in trading the car. Would love it to go to a good home as it is a superb example.

Unregistered Guest

I mentioned possible clutch to you John. The clutch has been tested and is absolutely fine. I'm not a technician, so I did get chain and belt mixed up, as most modern Honda engines have chains not belts. We were expecting the cost to make the retail price £24995.00 as I quoted you, not £25995.00. As discussed I'm not intertested in trading the car. Would love it to go to a good home as it is a superb example.

Considering it's being sold through a Honda main dealer, the whole scenario appears rather strange & unprofessional to me, however I wish you good luck with the sale.

Regards

John.

Unregistered Guest

Now sold, thanks for all your comments.

Regards,

Michael.

Now sold, thanks for all your comments.

Regards,

Michael.
    Are you the buyer Goldtop?
    Scott