Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver '91 manual - just appeared and disappeared

Default Silver '91 manual - just appeared and disappeared

At the risk of informing other competitive buyers (!), my daily searches have turned up a silver '91 manual coupe with 54000m for sale as an Approved Used car at a Honda dealer in Grantham. It's on PH and was on AT (which then disappeared). At £19495/£18995 depending on which ad you believe.

(edit) just had a call back - taken off sale while they decide what work it needs to be sold as Approved Used. Sales guy says it's likely to be repriced

If possible I will go and see it tomorrow or this weekend (it's about 1.5hrs away).

Research has revealed only a snap ring failure as an early-model-specific potential fault, so I will check the transmission number and range (anyone have a photo showing where I need to look?)

On such sketchy info, I don't suppose anyone knows the car? Number plate was hidden in the photos I saw, but the serial was T0000000033.

lol we'll worded by the dealer! Suspect it will re-appear at much increased value as it was cheap for a manual and by a Honda dealer. Maybe they did a bit of research and relised it was too cheap lo

I have a photo but its on my other computer, but check here, might help

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/engi...ission_vin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    At the risk of informing other competitive buyers (!), my daily searches have turned up a silver '91 manual coupe with 54000m for sale as an Approved Used car at a Honda dealer in Grantham. It's on PH and was on AT (which then disappeared). At £19495/£18995 depending on which ad you believe.

(edit) just had a call back - taken off sale while they decide what work it needs to be sold as Approved Used. Sales guy says it's likely to be repriced

If possible I will go and see it tomorrow or this weekend (it's about 1.5hrs away).

Research has revealed only a snap ring failure as an early-model-specific potential fault, so I will check the transmission number and range (anyone have a photo showing where I need to look?)

On such sketchy info, I don't suppose anyone knows the car? Number plate was hidden in the photos I saw, but the serial was T0000000033.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...rt-here-please

Goldtop,

There are a couple of buying guide checklists here that you could print and take with you to help you fully check the car over. Your eyes should see the obvious but as its a Honda dealer it could help you when putting together the deal. Dont forget to consider age related service items that the dealer wouldn't factor into the deal such as hoses, caliper overhaul, battery age and tyre age (low mileage could mean they've been on there many years).

Good luck
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Thanks - have printed out the checklists and been through a lot of the tech articles here (long time lurker!)

So many cars are known to the club (for good and for bad reasons it seems) that I will also keep in touch here for advice.

I cant recall (too tired) if mentioned before, but Andy at VtecDirect has an interesing 1 owner car for sale ... early 20's I believe ..
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    I cant recall (too tired) if mentioned before, but Andy at VtecDirect has an interesing 1 owner car for sale ... early 20's I believe ..
    He has 2 cars!
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post

• (edit) just had a call back - taken off sale while they decide what work it needs to be sold as Approved Used. Sales guy says it's likely to be repriced

• Interesting to see Pistonheads pull through the stats on cars and they must know something about this car based upon the 0-62 time. I always understood the 0 -60 was under 6 seconds so the next 2 mph must be painfull, also not impressed with the claimed top speed based upon their data!!
      Specification PistonHeads essentials

• Engine layout: Mid Engined
      • Aspiration: Normally Aspirated
      • Engine size (Litres): 3.0
      • Engine configuration: V6
      • Cylinder layout: V
      • Cylinders: 6
      • Engine power (BHP): 270
      • Torque (lbs/ft): 100
      • Top speed (MPH): 111
      • Acceleration: 0 to 62 in 11.1 seconds
      • Gears: 5
      • Driven wheels: Rear Wheel Drive

The detail

• Mileage: 54,558
      • Year: 1991
      • Doors: 2
      • Body type: Coupe
      • Transmission type: Manual
      • Fuel type: Petrol
      • Colour: Silver
      • Vehicle height (mm): 1810
      • Vehicle width (mm): 1175
      • First registered: 01/01/1991
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

lol

Top speed must be for a JDM car that still has the limiter. I know a few members here have well exceeded that, on track of course.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    [*][*]Interesting to see Pistonheads pull through the stats on cars and they must know something about this car based upon the 0-62 time. I always understood the 0 -60 was under 6 seconds so the next 2 mph must be painfull, also not impressed with the claimed top speed based upon their data!!
    Specification PistonHeads essentials

• Engine layout: Mid Engined
    • Aspiration: Normally Aspirated
    • Engine size (Litres): 3.0
    • Engine configuration: V6
    • Cylinder layout: V
    • Cylinders: 6
    • Engine power (BHP): 270
    • Torque (lbs/ft): 100
    • Top speed (MPH): 111
    • Acceleration: 0 to 62 in 11.1 seconds
    • Gears: 5
    • Driven wheels: Rear Wheel Drive

The detail

• Mileage: 54,558
    • Year: 1991
    • Doors: 2
    • Body type: Coupe
    • Transmission type: Manual
    • Fuel type: Petrol
    • Colour: Silver
    • Vehicle height (mm): 1810
    • Vehicle width (mm): 1175
    • First registered: 01/01/1991
    [/LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    lol

Top speed must be for a JDM car that still has the limiter. I know a few members here have well exceeded that, on track of course.
    And the 0-60?

Presumably because its Silver?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    He has 2 cars!
    Yes, I've been in touch with Andy. Both are potentially interesting, the green one moreso.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast