Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX wanted (naturally)

Default NSX wanted (naturally)

I'm looking for a manual NSX with pop-ups (pre-facelift). Berlina Black and targa would be ideal, but I'll consider others, too.

Must be in good condition (I don't mind some work, but don't want a complete project), and with sound history.

Cash is waiting (genuinely). Contact via PM here.
    Last edited by goldtop; 29-10-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: typos

Still looking

(by which I mean I sit forelornly at the computer with the 'For Sale' section open and pressing the Refresh button every 10 seconds)

I know the feeling Mr Goldtop, only too well.

Same goes for me but Im more flexible about colour!

Quote Originally Posted by Diesse 19 View Post
    I know the feeling Mr Goldtop, only too well.

Same goes for me but Im more flexible about colour!
    I wanted a black targa too, but was advised that "a good one" is more important than a black one. Got a red one instead and love it!
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Just get any colour good car available and 'wrap it' to the colour your like!
    Simples!

SS
    Last edited by Silver Surfer; 21-11-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

TBH, I was never really a fan of black/red & preferred single-colour ones; looked taller & more elegant.

But it has really grown on me & I rather like the F16/tomato soup look now!

If it's a good one, rip his arm off at the ankles...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

that yellow car is still for sale ... manual, pop ups and has a good history ... if you REALLY want an NSX badly at this moment in time you need to be more flexible in your thinking and make the effort to go look at whats out there; some nice cars around at the moment and they wont be about come mid 2013
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

The yellow one with 95000m? Well, it is a targa, but that's leggier than I'd like really. Which is presumably why it's still for sale.

If you look at which cars are selling quickly vs those that are languishing, you can see the three biggest factors: automatic transmission, accident damage and mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    The yellow one with 95000m?......If you look at which cars are selling quickly vs those that are languishing, you can see the three biggest factors: automatic transmission, accident damage and mileage.
    I think that is fair and correct.

I also believe that colour is an issue, albeit to a lesser extent than than the factors you list.

Yellow is an acquired taste in any car. IMHO it looks good in certain climates - California and Florida for example. Less so in the good old UK. Just my 2p, as we all know colour choice is especially subjective.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

I've always thought exactly the same - it's the quality of the light.

Having said that, you can get away with yellow on a car like the NSX in the UK.

Also, whilst it IS leggy, it's an NSX and unless you're planning to go repping in it, it's unlikely to rack up that many.

It's a bit of a cheapie, so it gives some insurance funds against repairs...
    Last edited by Nick Graves; 22-11-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast