Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another newbie - Cambridge

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    The 3.0ltr 6spds are the ones to go for then

Seriously though, 4th and 5th are MUCH better on the 6spd cars... and you still have 6th for great fuel economy
    I drove the 6 speed NSXs a few times, even owned a silver 3.2 manual in 1999/2000, but still don't see the big difference? In everyday driving and quick overtaking etc, I wouldnt rate the 3.2 as being any better, I just dont notice it.

Maybe the difference is on track? I have never really done a proper track day with the 2 cars to distinguish them.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

It's more the area under the torque curve that makes it more relaxed, less in need of a downshift, than absolute redline performance. IIRC; it's a while since I drove the 3.0 version. And TBF, I didn't get to redline it in 4th & 5th.

As cars get older, they gain mass and refinement as well as power, so some of the benefit is self-cancelling.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Not sure if you home or away .. but if monitoring your thread then check this one out ...

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...Targa-for-sale

On its toes, ready to go and IF you really cant live with color, then wrap it ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

i think the last IYP that came up for sale was dismiised due to the colour ... cant see this one being any different even though it ticks a couple of reqs namely Targa and Manual

I admit I needed a hell of convincing by Sudesh to go see the car I ended up with due to the the colour, but when you see the colour in the flesh so to speak the NSX suits it

As you say Paul, its pretty much ready to go ... hoping it does not linger too long, it shouldn't
    Last edited by nobby; 08-04-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    .....I admit I needed a hell of convincing by Sudesh to go see the car I ended up with due to the the colour, but when you see the colour in the flesh so to speak the NSX suits it..........
    6 yrs ago when I was buying I dismissed a couple for this reason. I wouldn't make the same decision today as cars in this condition are rare. I also find myself drawn to the Indy cars at shows, especially if the sun is out as this color absolutely jumps out and makes the NSX look fantastic. If I wanted a manual targa I'd be on the phone pdq...
    Last edited by Senninha; 08-04-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

100% agree with everything you say above!

yes the colour in nice weather when detailed is something else!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Currently in Tokyo and back in England late next week. Nice to see that a few more have appeared.

(only seen one NSX here in the last three weeks)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123