Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for an NSX R

Default Looking for an NSX R

Hi All.

A friend of mine is looking for a genuine NSX R (pop ups). Are there many in the UK? What could he expect to pay?

Anyone selling one?
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    Hi All.

A friend of mine is looking for a genuine NSX R (pop ups). Are there many in the UK? What could he expect to pay?

Anyone selling one?
    There are few pop up models know to the club and the owners are members here, and there are a few not know to the club. A friends Dad owns one in the UK, but doubt he will sell.

Price wise I guess they could be £45k/£50 plus.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Hi Geoff,

As Sudesh has suggested, the ones known to the club are with owners with no need, and probably little interest in selling. Last one to change hands that I'm aware off was in the price range posted above and before prices began to move north.

Given the registration age of the first gen R, importing would be less costly once landed in the UK, but you are still looking at around £70k plus shipping to bring one in from Japan. So if you can find one, the UK price is a steal ;o)

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post

Given the registration age of the first gen R, importing would be less costly once landed in the UK,

regards, Paul
    Hi Paul,

If your referring to early cars not needing the IVA because of the 10 year rule, then 2002 NSX-R models are in that category now too! Unfortunately they are just huge money to buy in Japan.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Plus hard to find a straight one as they get used!

6. Default

Sudesh's one is pretty bloody close, half the price and probably better condition than most Rs in Japan. All uk ones are green :puke:
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr View Post
    Sudesh's one is pretty bloody close, half the price and probably better condition than most Rs in Japan. All uk ones are green :puke:
    Would be even closer if I could get the seats or DF seats! Then the whole interior will be done in NA1 NSX-R alcantara, but have to say, since doing the nappa re-trim, its made the interior a much more pleasurable place to be and I'm not as bothered about the NSX-R seats anymore. If they eventually do appear, it will be a nice extra though.

Or you could go 1 better Sudesh ....

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...-Powered-Rails

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Or you could go 1 better Sudesh ....

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...-Powered-Rails

regards, Paul
    Yeah already seen those, but with shipping, insurance, import duty, vat, they would be even worse money that they already are lol

Some NSX-R parts I don't mind parting money with, but things like these seats, engine cover, steering wheel, OEM NSX-R wheels and so forth, Id rather buy something that's close too the real thing, and save the extra for something else. For all the length of time you actually look at some of the extras, or even other people look at them, it doesn't warrant the high price. I mean if I added up some of the OEM NSX-R parts on my car, it would be very scary lol, but unfortunately there wasn't really any alternative to those items.

Its a pity DF have gone so quite or not making the effort, I would have bought a seat from them, even a bare shell as Id just do the trimming this end. But I have one of my contacts in Japan keeping an eye out for a cheap OEM one for me, as they do appear over there quite a bit. I've actually even seen the NSX-R seat in custom civic/DC5s and more.

10. Default

This one keeps popping up for sale in Japan. 1995 NSX R, grade 5, 24,000kms been through auction several times over the last 6 months. Bids usually go up to
    around 7.5 million yen (£53,500) but it never sells........

These were the only photos I could find.... Aucnet 24/12/2012. No doubt it will reappear soon.

Cheers Tom

http://dragon.aleado.com/pic/?system...=1128&number=1

http://dragon.aleado.com/pic/?system...=1128&number=2

http://dragon.aleado.com/pic/?system...=1128&number=0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast