Thread: How loud will it be???

Default How loud will it be???

I am planing an 02 upgrade to my car, so the Tubi has to go. I will rather sell it or keep it than butcher it up.

Does anyone know how loud the NSX is if only the Cats are kept to keep the noise down?

I am curious as when I tried the NSX with test pipes the sound was loud, but not that much, only after 3k rpm or so. It sounded nice, but I was not impressed with the smell, polution and the fact that my car would have failed the MOT inspections.

I am thinking of something like this picture.

Cheers

AR
    Last edited by AR; 22-08-2006 at 06:07 PM.

Yes I know how loud it will be. At Spa, one of DaliRacing's cars has straight through pipes. It sounds great, but you could never use it on a road. It won't be far off the volume of an F1 car.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

AR,

Why wouldn't you consider the tip conversion for the tubi? Your system sounds great and the conversion would suit the '02 upgrade as here...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...bi+exhaust+tip

Good luck with the project!

Regards
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    Yes I know how loud it will be. At Spa, one of DaliRacing's cars has straight through pipes. It sounds great, but you could never use it on a road. It won't be far off the volume of an F1 car.
    Kevin, did that one have cats? Just curious as when I tried the NSX with test pipes the sound was loud, but not that much, only after 3k rpm or so.

BTW I am really sorry about the harness bar I have to make some time to pick it up. Will PM you about it. Have you done the B pillars?

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha
    AR,

Why wouldn't you consider the tip conversion for the tubi? Your system sounds great and the conversion would suit the '02 upgrade as here...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...bi+exhaust+tip

Good luck with the project!

Regards
    I've seen that one and it looks like a good solution, but I want to keep the Tubi original in case I do decide to sell it or perhaps mount it on another car.

Cheers

AR

BTW Is ther a mufflers requirement for the MOT, or just the Cats?

Cheers

AR