Thread: 2003 Red NSX on PH

NSX fan Guest

Question 2003 Red NSX on PH

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4240640.htm

Hi everyone, just trying to find a facelift NSX but can't believe the prices have gone up so much.

Anyone know if this is Baz's old car?

Afaik, Baz sold it for 30-33k about late 2009-early 2010 with approx 22k miles on the clock.

Add a few k miles, an extra 3 years of use, 1 extra owner, throw some ugly "blac" wheels on and, hey presto, what cost 'about' 30k is being sold for 50k... have we all gone a bit mad? Not saying they should give it away, but 50k... come on, IF it is the same car, it cost them almost 20k less 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NSX fan View Post
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4240640.htm

Hi everyone, just trying to find a facelift NSX but can't believe the prices have gone up so much.

Anyone know if this is Baz's old car?

Afaik, Baz sold it for 30-33k about late 2009-early 2010 with approx 22k miles on the clock.

Add a few k miles, an extra 3 years of use, 1 extra owner, throw some ugly "blac" wheels on and, hey presto, what cost 'about' 30k is being sold for 50k... have we all gone a bit mad? Not saying they should give it away, but 50k... come on, IF it is the same car, it cost them almost 20k less 3 years ago.
    There is a facelift on eBay for 30 something, maybe that's a better option?
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Cat D, though. Whether you like it or not, its resale value is always going to be suspect...
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    Cat D, though. Whether you like it or not, its resale value is always going to be suspect...
    Yeah I know, but they OP thinks the one at 50 is mad money, so letting him know there is an option
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

NSX fan Guest

Cheers for the heads up but I wouldn't be comfortable putting 35k into a Cat D car, maybe if I knew or trusted the previous owner but that's not the case unfortunately. It's a real pity chaps, should have bought Baz's car when I had the chance and it would now be with a true enthusiast for the long run. That car deserves a better home.

If broken dreams were limousines,
    I'd take you for a ride...

Looks a lovely car, but it's not actually sold for 50 large. Not yet, anyway...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

I thought the cat d history was well known ... If buying a keeper and not comfortable with the way the Market is moving then as Sudesh says, here's an option. It's also for sale via a dealer so you should be able to drive it away all on it's toes and it has proper rims on it too!

Good luck
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

NSX fan Guest

I just graduated from uni in 2000 so couldn't quite afford a facelift car when it was available but I've always loved the car... just wish more people had bought them during 2002-2005, at least we would have one or two more to choose from today... anyway, it is what it is and facelift cars are very hard to come by and they sell fast... I may call the cat D guys see what the damage was. Thanks.
    updated link for anyone who can afford it, it's too much for me: http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/c...0-miles/768814
    Last edited by Unregistered; 07-10-2012 at 01:57 PM.