Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Japfest convoy from the East

Default Japfest convoy from the East

For owners travelling from the East for Japfest, we've alternated North or South of the M25 depending on who's joining where with the the aim of the usual larger meeting point at Cheively services (J13 IIRC) on the M4.

Over the Northern route there is South Mimms as a meeting point, where A1 \ A10 \ M11 \ A12 joiners can meet - added bonus of a couple of tunnel runs
    Using the South there is now a new services area between J9 and J10 where those south of the Dartford crossing could meet.

From the who's who list it looks like the following are heading in from the East ...

Silver Surfer
    L696ULO
    Duncan
    Senninha
    Britlude

Any others wanting to convoy across?

Once we know who and from where (general area rather than specific address), we can decide north or south and work timings backwards from the larger M4 meet. We can also inf=dicate timings aloing the M4 so others can join up en-route if you wish.

If we can co-ordinate this with the SW convoy and those coming in from the Norht & South, we can then try to arrive in as a large convoy to Castle Combe

Regards, Paul
    Last edited by Senninha; 30-04-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I'm travelling over on friday, hotel booked in Devizes, so I'll see you there.... Eventually if last year is anything to go by!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

I'm staying over at Swindon on the fri night. Can pick up the convoy at J15 or meet at Chieveley services. Can the westbound services be accessed when arriving from the west?
    will pick up timings etc once they are posted
    Cheers Chris

Paul, I admire your optimism of us arriving in a large convoy if last year was anything to go by, it was more like the Red Arrows display team with cars going off in all directions! Happy to give it another go.

Rich

Will be happy to convoy down.
    We should work out the way in as last year following one of the members...we end up on a single lane track and somehow arrived a little away from the entrance...took a total time of 15 mins queuing at around 9am before we were on the club plot.
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Ok the good news is we have a great spot just before camp corner and only a few minutes walk from the main area.
    We need to enter through gate A which is on junction 18 side.
    The SW convoy will be at J18 around 7.45am, so if you SE boys can get out of bed, we can meet you there.

I received all the tickets today, so will get them in the post tomorrow.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

I will be travelling on the southern side of the M25.

Ollie do you want to meet at pease pottage services on M23?

If anybody else is travelling along this route then I can meet at the new services or any other point heading towards Chievely.

Olly(Lotusolly)

Quote Originally Posted by lotusolly View Post
    I will be travelling on the southern side of the M25.

Ollie do you want to meet at pease pottage services on M23?

If anybody else is travelling along this route then I can meet at the new services or any other point heading towards Chievely.

Olly(Lotusolly)
    Hi Olly ,

Pease Pottage sounds good , what time do you think ? Are we going to meet up with everybody to convoy in .

Ollie
    Last edited by ollie; 01-05-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    2005 55 Silver / Black
    If it was easy , everyone would do it

Quote Originally Posted by ollie View Post
    Hi Olly ,

Pease Pottage sounds good , what time do you think ? Are we going to meet up with everybody to convoy in .

Ollie
    I'm guessing that if everyone is going to meet at 7.45 at J18 then we will need to leave Chievely at about 7?( Is that your plans sennina?)
    To get to Chievely in time then I would suggest about 5.30 at Pease pottage?
    This would mean the new Chobham services at about 6 if anyone else wants to meet there?

Olly

So Chievely for 7, departing for J18 at 7.15am.

Ok, we'll work out route (north or south) backwards from this. If south then we'll meet you at\near the new services. Failing that we may well join up as we hit the M4.

Gents,

If going south then can I suggest the BP garage A13 as being easier than Lakeside services. Over the top then regular meeting place just off the A12. Either way its a 75min run to Chievely.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast