Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX-R Engine Covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Thanks Nigel!

Going to work on showing the OEM NSX-R prop bar on one of the covers, then having a carbon version made to show too.
    Sudesh, I cannot have one of these seeing that S21NSX is a targa, but I am amazed at your attention to detail. These look fantastic!
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    Sudesh, I cannot have one of these seeing that S21NSX is a targa, but I am amazed at your attention to detail. These look fantastic!
    Hi, many thanks!

I could probably do covers for the targa, but what I would need first is, the OEM targa cover. With this I can see the differences visibly and then look at creating covers just for that model.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Hi
    I would be interested in a cover too. Would you please let me know the price and an estimate of your delivery time-scale. I have a 1998 3.2 Manual in red.

Thanks

Richard Burtt-Jones

Sudesh, By the way, i'm sure in my storage somewhere I have a new, never been installed Type-R cover prop rod assembly with all the bits for installation i'd be willing to part with when I can find it in my box of new NSX parts if it's needed.
    I bought it a few years ago thinking I could adapt it to an OEM cover but it wouldn't work without bodging it up and I didn't want to do that so I adapted a Targa cover for extra storage instead.

Cheers
    nigel

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    Sudesh, By the way, i'm sure in my storage somewhere I have a new, never been installed Type-R cover prop rod assembly with all the bits for installation i'd be willing to part with when I can find it in my box of new NSX parts if it's needed.
    I bought it a few years ago thinking I could adapt it to an OEM cover but it wouldn't work without bodging it up and I didn't want to do that so I adapted a Targa cover for extra storage instead.

Cheers
    nigel
    If you can find it Nigel, then let me know. I can get my hands on them ok, but haven't checked time scale for delivery.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Quote Originally Posted by Richard B Jones View Post
    Hi
    I would be interested in a cover too. Would you please let me know the price and an estimate of your delivery time-scale. I have a 1998 3.2 Manual in red.

Thanks

Richard Burtt-Jones
    Hi there, the cover fits all years, and it does not matter if the car is manual or automatic; however at the moment the cover is only for COUPE models.

Hi,

i have a taiwan one yet to be installed, but i've read the sag comments before...in yours, the frame is reinforced,
    but do you think that the mesh itself won't sag?

i'm considering yours, but i have to sell the one i have first...can you get me a quote of it shipped to Lisbon, Portugal?

Thanks,
    Nuno

Quote Originally Posted by UnhuZ View Post
    Hi,

i have a taiwan one yet to be installed, but i've read the sag comments before...in yours, the frame is reinforced,
    but do you think that the mesh itself won't sag?

i'm considering yours, but i have to sell the one i have first...can you get me a quote of it shipped to Lisbon, Portugal?

Thanks,
    Nuno
    Hi,

There is much more to the cover than what is in the Taiwan one, if you seen the 2 in the flesh, it's actually quit embarrassing how bad the Taiwan one is. But I guess at that time, we got those very cheap and you can see why.

As for the mesh sagging, I believe the issue is due to the actual Taiwan frame having no support, not the mesh itself! You can see that the frame has bowed across the back line nearest the window, this is because its about as thick as a sheet of paper and built like cardboard lol. What we also noticed was, the sagging was uneven on the Taiwan cover, again this was due to the fact it was thin in one place, bit thicker in another and less fiberglass in some areas than others.

Also if you look at the genuine NSX-R cover, the mesh is just bonded in a simiar way, which indicates Honda put the strength through the frame too.

having seen the 2 side by side in person yesterday, the difference in quality to the Taiwan one is night and day IMHO

The difference in thickness and materials used makes the whole thing sturdier and simply you cannot compare with the cheap import that everyone got back in the day. Sudesh etc have done a great job in making a great alternative for those of us who never had the chance to buy/own the exiting 'cheaper' option. Really cannot see this variant sagging etc as frame is so much stronger

Also the fitting into your bay is so much better as well. A very nice product indeed, cannot wait to get the one I ordered installed in my own car. Fortunately I did not splash out on that cheap version in the end. PHEW!

my advice, stick your existing one up for sale and opt for one of these when they become available. you will NOT be disappointed
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Thanks Andrew! Glad you were well pleased with the cover and you looked happy to have waited for the dial result. lol

NSX-R rear spoiler is already away to be studied and speced up, looking forward to seeing the results!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast