Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone done ...

Question has anyone done ...

the decarbonized process to their nsx engine ... as seen on wheeler dealers jag xk8 episode?
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    the decarbonized process to their nsx engine ... as seen on wheeler dealers jag xk8 episode?
    Never done it personally on a petrol, but ave done it partially on diesel cars, especially on the intake manifolds throttle body etc. think you may remember me telling you about some of the build up on the 730D and ML merc I had, the huge improvement after I did the clean down.

The full treatment is different though I think.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Yeah remember u saying ... Just thinking about it as our cars are well over 10 years old and Ed China seemed very positive in the benefits it could bring.

will likely look into it this year! ; )
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    Yes, I saw that too and wondered if it would be suitable for the NSX. Ed did say its a new process in the UK
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Found this.....

Its the system Ed used in Wheeler Dealers....
    http://www.terraclean.net/product.php?id=1

I have just emailed their US office and asked for a UK contact and whether its suitable for our NSX's

By the way...............Happy New Year Everybody!
    Last edited by Problem Child; 01-01-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Looks like they have a small network in the UK. Heres the link to their website (with Ed China) and you can then link to their facebook page to find their dealer nearest to you

http://www.terraclean.co.uk/service.html
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

It's a new spin on an old theme. It's effectively a purge machine that connects into the fuel rail. The vehicle runs off the chemical and it cleans the fuel system.
    I think they're blurb is a little misleading for two reasons; firstly it states it is revolutionary. In the US these style of machines have been around for forty years or more. My Dad was selling the first gen machines in the 70's when engines fouled up much faster, in fact we have Jaguar approval for our current machine. Secondly, the product they use must have enough 'fuel' present to run the engine and enough 'chemical' to clean the fuel system. This will cause some harmful emissions.
    However, if its anything like the market leaders in this technology, it should work well.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Papalazarou; 01-01-2013 at 07:44 PM.

when i read terraclean and it saying it cleaned the CAT and o2 sensors, it made me think of the fuel treatment CATAclean, which you add to about 15 L of petrol or diesel and go for a good long drive to allow it to clean the injectors, the engine and CAT and o2 sensors.

i have used it before and it does help. my CAT sensor had gone but my mechanic said the CAT looked clean when he replaced the sensor. so for around £10-£13 you could try it and see if it would help. i dunno what types of fuel treatment you use or what fuel you use for your nsx as there is texaco with their techron to keep things clean. i just red line my rotary yoke to burn the carbon off lol.

Interesting.

I believe most manufacturers warn not to add snake oil to the fuel in the handbooks. Subaru Canada seemed to be promoting it quite strongly, whilst the handbook categorically warns tank-based additives may harm the fuel system (86).
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

I'm sure in the NSX owner's manual, its states there is no need to add cleaning addictive to the fuel.

Also good quality fuel, rather than super market stuff has better cleaning agents in them anyway.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast