Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South East/ Midlands Sunday morning drive 2nd September 2012

Default South East/ Midlands Sunday morning drive 2nd September 2012

Anyone interested in a Sunday morning drive followed by lunch somewhere around the MK/ Chilterns/ Ashridge area. I don't really know the area too well so don't know the best roads and pubs. As a starter for 10 I was going to suggest meeting in Milton Keynes (as its nice and central) and either a) head up towards Silverstone/ Towcester or b) down into the Chilterns around Woburn Sands/ Millbrook and Ashridge..........after that???

Anyone interested?
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

2/10 must try harder Geoff ....

Grab yourself a map, and\or go for a drive to check for yourself, but if you're building a route you cold start East on the A507, or West on the A427 or A422

I've used these roads regularly in both my daily and the NSX and if you're going early then you can probably build a route to take in all of these ....

So, your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to build your drive out route the finishes with a brunch \ lunch with decent parking.

Would be good to have a decent route to play in this region!

Alternatively, if you arrange for a Saturday you could build a route to Porsche at Silverstone http://www.porschehost.com/findus.asp?opc=5 where you could have coffee b4 returning to MK?? Just let them know you're coming ... the PH boys often visit.

Good luck, and if you get a route and venue sorted (dont post the route here), I'm happy to get this on the home page to help drum up more attendees

regards, Paul
    Last edited by Senninha; 17-08-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    2/10 must try harder Geoff ....

Grab yourself a map, and\or go for a drive to check for yourself, but if you're building a route you cold start East on the A507, or West on the A427 or A422

I've used these roads regularly in both my daily and the NSX and if you're going early then you can probably build a route to take in all of these ....

So, your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to build your drive out route the finishes with a brunch \ lunch with decent parking.

Would be good to have a decent route to play in this region!

Alternatively, if you arrange for a Saturday you could build a route to Porsche at Silverstone http://www.porschehost.com/findus.asp?opc=5 where you could have coffee b4 returning to MK?? Just let them know you're coming ... the PH boys often visit.

Good luck, and if you get a route and venue sorted (dont post the route here), I'm happy to get this on the home page to help drum up more attendees

regards, Paul
    OK Here goes....

Meet at Honda Milton Keynes at 10:00 (Sunday 2nd September) before driving to Woburn Sands, Hockcliffe and then along the chilterns to Whipsnade before turning back up to Ivinghoe, going across country to Whitchurch and up to Buckingham. Then we head to the Whittlebury Park Hotel near Silverstone for a drink and a spot of lunch. This is a good venue as:

1) it has lots of parking
    2) Is steeped in motoring history as many of the racing teams stay there for the Grand Prix so there is lots of memorabilia/ pictures on the walls etc in the bar.
    3) Its also where I suggest we host our Annual NSX Club dinner so we can check it out

On BING Maps its a 55.7mile drive and would take just short of 2 hours

Anyone interested?
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

OK Geoff, I'll join you. I'm coming along the A507 from Buntingford (itself a fine driving road, as long as the bikers haven't thrown themselves into the surrounding countryside or each other...).

Rob
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsniffer View Post
    OK Geoff, I'll join you. I'm coming along the A507 from Buntingford (itself a fine driving road, as long as the bikers haven't thrown themselves into the surrounding countryside or each other...).

Rob
    Well done that man. Look forward to seeing you then, Rob

Anyone else joining us?
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Gents - I'm up for this

Quote Originally Posted by Alf Tupper View Post
    Gents - I'm up for this

and then there were three

Alf Tupper
    Rob
    Geoff
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    and then there were three

Alf Tupper
    Rob
    Geoff
    Anyone else up for this....weather forecast is good!
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Anyone else up for this....weather forecast is good!
    Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow at Honda MK at 1000am
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow at Honda MK at 1000am
    Nice drive. Started at Honda Milton Keynes 10:30
    drove to Woburn Sands.....Home of Pristine Wheels. Good place to get your wheels refurbed.
    On to Mentmore and a quick stop at Mark Webers pub restaurant (The Stag). Although it was closed I know its a good restaurant and Marks often around (but not on GP weekends!)
    Across country to Whitchurch....where the Bouncing Bomb was invented
    on to Buckingham and then Whittlebury Park Hotel where we saw the start to the GP.....Well Done Jensen!

A good mix of dual carriageways and nice (and some not so nice) country lanes. A great drive but maybe do it a bit earlier in the day next time so we can enjoy them without all the Sunday drivers!

Whittlebury Hall was a good venue, and might be worth a look for our annual bash (sorry to all Northeners!) so I will arrange to see one of their event managers to discuss.

Thanks to Rob and Fu for a great day! Rob can you send me the model number for your Ecoroute HD connector so I get the right one!
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast