Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saturday 29th September "Pancake Run" North Wales

Hi Ian and Sharon,

Great to meet at Silverstone and thanks for talking about this day, then.
    Checked the date and sorry but unable to make it this year.
    Hope the weather improves for you all.

Seanh

Hi Ian & Sharon.

Will be at Ponderosa at 11.00 Elaine and I , Roy and Sue are all down for Pancake House. Not sure if Senna88 is meeting up with us and all going together. The weather here and Noth Wales is really bad with lots of roads flooded yesterday...Lets hope it improves for Saturday. Don't want to be late back on Saturday so earlier the better at Pancake House the better for us......Take care .....looking forward to seeing you both.

Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by kingsley View Post
    Hi Ian & Sharon.

Will be at Ponderosa at 11.00 Elaine and I , Roy and Sue are all down for Pancake House. Not sure if Senna88 is meeting up with us and all going together. The weather here and Noth Wales is really bad with lots of roads flooded yesterday...Lets hope it improves for Saturday. Don't want to be late back on Saturday so earlier the better at Pancake House the better for us......Take care .....looking forward to seeing you both.

Kingsley
    Hi David, I'll be coming from Manchester and won't pass by yours on the way so I'll just meet you at Ponderosa. I might try and catch Kare and Phill in Wrexham on the way?

Is there any chance we can do 4pm for dinner? As I'm supposed to be back in Manchester for 7ish for a birthday do (plus I'll probably be hungry by then :p)

Hi Sean, If you are going to Wrexham we could meet you and Kare / Phil . I take it you will go to Chester and pick up A55 and come off on the A483 for Wrexham- Llay- Gresford. If you keep on that road and take the A539 to Llangollen . Mile or so down that road you go past a pub Hampen Arms on your right just past this there is a car park on your right we could meet you there, if you want. Let me know you have my mobile number. Regarding eating at 4.00pm that suits me . But Ian & Sharon have kindly arranged so need to sort with them really. Looking forward to seeeing your car now it's been sprayed.

Kingsley

Meet up at the Ponderosa from 11am with a view of setting off at 12 noon. With the run planned we should make it to the pancake house for 4:30pm at the latest. Table has already been booked for 5 pm, but if we turn up a little bit early hopefully they should still get us in. (They are staying open late just for our group)
    Sean, it should only take 1 hour 30 mins to get from Conway to the heart of Manchester so that should leave you enough time to have a large pancake! Saying that, the large pancake may slow your drive to Manchester!

Ian

Is it the Ponderosa cafe?

Kingsley sounds like a plan, what time do you think I need to set off to meet you there?

Ian sorry I don't mean to try and alter plans just to suit me so I'll go with the flow, if anything I'll just have to make good progress on the way back!

Quote Originally Posted by kingsley View Post
    Mile or so down that road you go past a pub Hampen Arms on your right just past this there is a car park on your right we could meet you there, if you want.
    Kingsley
    Got a postcode I can use? Google showed me one in Bucks!

Post code...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Route as promised:

Meet at Ponderosa Cafe LL20 8DR for an early lunch/snack, introductions
    Nant-Y-Garth Pass to Ruthin (A525)
    Ruthin to Cerrigydrudion (B5105)
    B4501, A543, A5 (Evo Triangle)
    B4501 South to Fron-goch
    Turn right A4212, after lake turn right B4391 to Ffestiniog (Layby on B4391 pics chat break/ regroup)
    Ffestiniog to Swallow Falls Inn Betws-Y-Coed (A470, A5) drink and chat
    Swallow Falls to Dutch Pancake House near the Groes Inn (B5106)

Approx 100 miles 3 hours driving plus breaks etc.

Cheers Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Senna88 View Post
    Got a postcode I can use? Google showed me one in Bucks!

I actually meant for Hampen Arms that Kingsley was talking about :p sorted now!

Is there severe flooding where we are going... Wrexham? :-(

Should I bring a dinghy?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast