Thread: Motorshow

Default Motorshow

Is there such a thing anymore in the UK?

What I mean is, there used to be a big Motorshow that was either in the NEC or London, but I havent seen it advertised since the last time I was there, which was 3 or 4 years ago.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Budget pressures have meant that 'most' manufacturers pulled out of UK motorshows as an annual event. However, what has happenned is that many of the larger players have made appearances at the Rolling Motor Show that is now part of the Goodwood FoS event hosted by Lord March.

IIRC, it was Paul (NSX2000) who helped out Honda with his Mugen Civic when their own one was damaged ... I think it also set a decent time up the hill with Tim Harvey at the wheel!
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Budget pressures have meant that 'most' manufacturers pulled out of UK motorshows as an annual event. However, what has happenned is that many of the larger players have made appearances at the Rolling Motor Show that is now part of the Goodwood FoS event hosted by Lord March.

IIRC, it was Paul (NSX2000) who helped out Honda with his Mugen Civic when their own one was damaged ... I think it also set a decent time up the hill with Tim Harvey at the wheel!
    Ah right, thats why I haven't seen any mention of it since. So the Godwood event is the next best thing?
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Certainly the Goodwood moving motor show touts itself as 'the' British motor show and it is a good event, worth the big bonus that you can see/hear the cars moving and if you are lucky, drive a car or two up the hill. I was due to drive the Mugen Civic Paul mentioned until someone carelessly drive it into a very famous E Type Jag and out through the side of the exhibition building!

However, having visited the Geneva motor show this year I would say the Goodwood show is on a much smaller scale.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

5. Default

Speaking about the economy.....has anyone seen this in Pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...aign=2012-7-17

The Nurburgring is possibly closing down and i was planning in a couple of years to finally do the european drive .......

I think it also set a decent time up the hill with Tim Harvey at the wheel!

------------------------
    Standing Upon the Peak of All DVDs --- Revenge Season 1 DVD,Earth Shaking with this Movie