Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alarm Again

1. Default Alarm Again

On good old Friday 13th My remote central locking packed up again, it's the same problem as before where it will remotely lock, but not unlock...

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...01CL&highlight=

But having had enough of this alarm now, i'm looking a new one fitted, and just wondered if anyone had used someone in the Cambridge area with their NSX before.

I did speak to a few fitters last time it happened, but the moment i mentioned 'NSX' they refused to touch it with a barge pole!

Ideally i'm looking for somewhere where i can take it to them in the morning (Not entirely sure i've got enough room for them to do it at mine)

Watch them do it during the day

Drive home with the new old alarm removed and the new alarm fitted.

Oh if someone would like to PM me the recommended location for the alarm, that would be great, as i know where it is now, isn't the recommended location.

Cheers

James

With the abundance of '93 and newer factory "Honda" alarm systems available at the dealers, at least over here and in my garage, it would be great if we could get someone like Kaz to figure out how to make them work, plug, snip, connect and play (the wiring differences) on the '91 - '92 models, we could use the reliable Honda works and bypass the aftermarket rubbish.

Cheers
    nigel

I think the problem with that over here is, Honda never installed an OEM alarm from the factory like the US and Japan, so not sure if the actual Plug is there on the UK models, I should remember from working on the UK cars but can't recall.

Mine as the factory alarm and it's quite a neat install with some extras.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    With the abundance of '93 and newer factory "Honda" alarm systems available at the dealers, at least over here and in my garage, it would be great if we could get someone like Kaz to figure out how to make them work, plug, snip, connect and play (the wiring differences) on the '91 - '92 models, we could use the reliable Honda works and bypass the aftermarket rubbish.

Cheers
    nigel
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    I think the problem with that over here is, Honda never installed an OEM alarm from the factory like the US and Japan, so not sure if the actual Plug is there on the UK models, I should remember from working on the UK cars but can't recall.

Mine as the factory alarm and it's quite a neat install with some extras.
    I am having a Clifford Concept 650 MkII fitted this week. Any issues fitting this to the NSX?
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

5. Default

Out of interest Geoff,

Do you mind if i ask how much it's costing you to get fitted, and where you are getting yours fitted?

If all goes i might be tempted to take mine there too.

Cheers

James

Quote Originally Posted by jpspringall View Post
    On good old Friday 13th My remote central locking packed up again, it's the same problem as before where it will remotely lock, but not unlock...

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...01CL&highlight=

But having had enough of this alarm now, i'm looking a new one fitted, and just wondered if anyone had used someone in the Cambridge area with their NSX before.

I did speak to a few fitters last time it happened, but the moment i mentioned 'NSX' they refused to touch it with a barge pole!

Ideally i'm looking for somewhere where i can take it to them in the morning (Not entirely sure i've got enough room for them to do it at mine)

Watch them do it during the day

Drive home with the new old alarm removed and the new alarm fitted.

Oh if someone would like to PM me the recommended location for the alarm, that would be great, as i know where it is now, isn't the recommended location.

Cheers

James

James,

There are other threads on here re this subject including one from me re the dreadful Clifford mess that was on my car when I bought it. I took mine to Sexton's at Wandsworth - bit of a hike from Cambridge but it may be worth it. The guy who removed the Clifford one and replaced it with a Cobra knows all about NSXs - they work on lots of nice looking cars - and I was very impressed with the work. I think it was around 500 quid lump sum for the lot - removing the Clifford one and replacing it with a new Cobra. Since then never a problem.

David
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

7. Default

Cheers David,

I was using your post as a reference point that if change it i definitely want a Cobra.

There is a place in Cambridge that do them, that are supposedly recommend by Honda, so i'm going to have a chat with them first, but will definitly bare Wandsworth in mind.

Many Thanks

James

8. Default

After a bit of Research, i've found a place that at least claims to have fitted Alarms to NSX's before, so i think i'm going to give that a shot.

Would someone mind PM'ing me the normal location for the alarm, as if i'm going to do, i may aswell do it right!

Cheers

James

Quote Originally Posted by jpspringall View Post
    Out of interest Geoff,

Do you mind if i ask how much it's costing you to get fitted, and where you are getting yours fitted?

If all goes i might be tempted to take mine there too.

Cheers

James
    These guys are coming to fit at my house to fit. The guys is familiar with NSX's too

http://www.securemycar.co.uk/clifford_650.html

£400 fitted
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    These guys are coming to fit at my house to fit. The guys is familiar with NSX's too

http://www.securemycar.co.uk/clifford_650.html

£400 fitted
    Fitted today.
    Guy was there for over 5 hours and I was there for the last 2 hours and saw the standard of his workmanship (imho very good). He had done an NSX some time ago but also seemed quite knowledgeable about them and took care handling the car, paintwork etc.

As for the alarm. It seems to work well, even with the targa off and the windows open. I havent set up the Blackjack option yet which immobilises the car after 30 seconds if someone did somehow manage to steal it.

Only disappointment was that he couldnt get the boot onto the remote, but he is going to read up about it and drop by soon to add it.
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast