Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Never thought the day would come - but here I am!

1. Smile Never thought the day would come - but here I am!

Hi there!
    For the last 7 years I've owned this BMW E31 - probably the best value in car/£ currently available.
    Here's a picture....
    bm1.jpg
    It's about as good as one of these can get, but the 7 year itch has hit me bad!

I've looked at so many alternatives and keep coming back to the NSX for my "weekend" car.
    Why? In no particular order....
    Very different to what I have (lazy low revving V8 cruiser: energetic high revving V6 driver), but still a car that I can live with.
    The NSX isn't dubious build and design hiding behind an aspirational badge and ...
    I'm paying for the car rather than the said aspirational badge!
    Should be at least as reliable as what I have.

I can afford 20-22K (let me rephrase, I will pay up to 20-22K!).

I'm asking a favour really.

Is there anyone East Midlands'ish with a 3.0l that I could have a look at?
    Why?
    Before I start to search seriously for a car to buy, I need to know that the NSX is the car for me.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ukzero View Post
    dubious build and design hiding behind an aspirational badge
    Some would take issue with that statement.

Specifically, the 'aspirational' part of it

Can't really help as I'm too far away, but welcome to the forum and good luck with your planned upgrade.
    Purple '95 manual targa

If I can help Im in the West Midlands. Mine is an NSX-T manual more than happy to let you have a look over it.
    Mike

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    Some would take issue with that statement.
    Oops - causing controversy already - sorry folks - not my intention for my first post!
    I thought I was paying the NSX a compliment - along the lines of: It's sought after because of what it is and what it does and not because of the Honda badge.
    I went to see a DB7 V12 Vantage (the best looking car I've ever seen - and yes, that's only my opinion), but although the interior trim included Wilton carpet you could wade through and veneer from the heart of some ancient tree, the centre console lid and other parts were falling apart. I was told this was irrelevant because I was buying an "Aston" and it's the badge that matters. I didn't buy that "Aston" badge or the car it was attached to. However - the Aston is still on my "possibles within budget" list.

Anyway, thanks for the replies and depending on who ends up nearest - I may well be in touch.

Thanks for the replies!

LOL no controversy caused, I was just winding you up. I understood your point about the NSX, my (light hearted) point was that not everyone holds a BMW badge in high regard.
    I agree that with the NSX it's about the car and not the badge - and that's a much classier statement, in my opinion.
    Purple '95 manual targa

Brendan you have PM.

Mike

7. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    LOL not everyone holds a BMW badge in high regard.
    Phew! That's OK then. I don't hold the BMW badge in high regard at all.
    I was thinking of the 007, prancing horse and raging bull type of badges.

8. Default

Is there anyone East Midlands'ish with a 3.0l that I could have a look at?
    Why?
    Before I start to search seriously for a car to buy, I need to know that the NSX is the car for me.

Many thanks
    If you can make it to the Silverstone Classic 20-22 July there will be about 30 of them and their owners !
    Mike

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sorepaws View Post
    If you can make it to the Silverstone Classic 20-22 July there will be about 30 of them and their owners !
    Thanks.
    Would've been an excellent idea - sadly (Ouch -sorry dear, happily), we'll be in Gran Canaria. Bit far for a day trip!

I don't hold the BMW badge in high regard at all.

They are class leaders (at making cars that break down)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast