Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellow car for sale on Pistonheads

Default Yellow car for sale on Pistonheads

Mentioned by scottg as part of another thread, I thought this car was worth a thread of its own being a car which I dont not think is known to NSXCB, and is a very low mileage NA2 manual coupe - a rare beast!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4026867.htm
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

its a bit yellow for me!

There is no hiding its yellowness.

However, I quickly realised when I was looking for an NSX you couldn't have too-long a list of 'must haves'.

For me, these were a manual transmission, pop-up lights and a demonstrable service history.

Even with this relatively short list, it took me over a year to find a car I liked!
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

i have still got that poster picture of the red with black roof engraved in my head.
    and i don't want to buy a car thinking wrap wrap wrap!!!!
    i really don't mind the auto so it could be n12 for me!

So it should have had or be ready for the second T-Belt WP etc, yet not mentioned in the add???

There are a few Essex owners around so if you ask you may find someone willing to come take a look with you ... Indy Pearl is a colour that grows on you and with some nice details can look really good.

If you're looking for an NA2 pop up, done delay would be my advice ....

Good luck
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

In order to keep it in good condition, a pristine looking, low mileage, FSH NA2 pop up could very soon need brake overhaul, CL cylinders, driveshafts, cooling system refresh, AC/CCU refresh plus time/mileage related engine work.

This maintenance will be worth every penny but won't be cheap. Just saying...

Ok first of all and for anyone who's still not getting this; Timing belts are at eight years on 3.2's. This means kiddies that if properly serviced, this car won't need a timing belt until 2017. Second of all. Unless you rallycross your NSX it's also not going to need a driveshaft refurb! As for the other stuff mentioned; AC boards can go, but are easily fixable and how much does it really cost to change the coolant?

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

i think this would be a cracker buy! not being biased but when prior to going to see my car ... yellow was not on my list at all ... tbh i was very hesitent ... it was sudesh who made me go!

but when you see a yellow NSX in the flesh ... your opinion changes as it carries the colour extremely well. as Paul says a few minor cosmetic changes really help to lift the car too!

there would be a number of serviceable items to do on this car ... perhaps not the timing belt but our good ole friend the crankshaft pulley could do with changing as these are known to perish over age as well as use

those hideous spotlights up front DEFO NEED to go

would be tempted in this car myself ... but done way too much to my own car to consider.

nice selection of cars cropping up at the mo ...lurkers etc certainly need to get their fingers out and go look/speak to the vendors
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    Ok first of all and for anyone who's still not getting this; Timing belts are at eight years on 3.2's. This means kiddies that if properly serviced, this car won't need a timing belt until 2017. Second of all. Unless you rallycross your NSX it's also not going to need a driveshaft refurb! As for the other stuff mentioned; AC boards can go, but are easily fixable and how much does it really cost to change the coolant?

Cheers,

James.
    Just to clarify, what I meant by coolant system refresh was header tank and hoses not just a top up with coolant. Driveshafts do go on 30k miles cars that have not necessarily been entered in rallycross events, as a check of Kaz recent blogs will show.

As I understood it the OP was seeking information on potential issues in buying a low mileage FSH 11 year old NSX. I was merely posting my own experience.

Thanks

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast