Thread: Removal of Alarm

Default Removal of Alarm

Just wondered whether anyone's had experience of removing the 'Honda' alarm. I've got the thatcham one with the black fob with Honda printed on the front.
    I've basically lost the only working transponder and can't get the remaining two to link with the alarm. I really don't like the idea of paying for a couple of new transponders that will also eventually fail. Ideally I'd like to be rid of the bastard thing completely.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Might be worth trying the manufacturer, Hamilton & Palmer, 01732 760 022, in Kent, TN15 6PL.
    When I had a query over my alarm they gave sensible answers and could have supplied a replacement part.
    H&P may be able to provide a copy of the original installation instructions, always assuming the monkey would fitted the alarm could read.
    Last edited by duncan; 26-06-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Typo

Removed one from my car if thats any help!
    91 Honda Nsx
    90 VW Golf 16v (Track Hack)

Thanks Duncan,

I called them yesterday and they gave me a couple of options. For anyone in the same predicament;
    If you do not have a working transponder you cannot program any additional transponders. This means you have three options.
    1. Remove the alarm entirely.
    2. Request a new transponder with circuit board. Approx £200.00
    3. Send off circuit board with remaining transponders and they will reprogram them. Approx £120.00.
    The lady I spoke to at Hamilton and Palmer was really helpful and their turnaround is pretty quick.

Cheers,

James.

H&P are helpful.

The problem is, the alarms are getting rather old. The one in the 'Lude is a bit mentally unstable and I'm unsure as to whether to bin the whole thing or change the PCB.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Well I spend half a day looking for the control box. Only to eventually find it behind the passengers seat behind a large control unit. The next job involved drilling out the tamper proof bolts and wrestling the printed circuit board out, before replacing it with the new one.
    The rest of the day was spent reassembling the interior and trying to remember where everything came from.
    I can't express what a soulless pain in the tail this was.
    Anyway, the car now works, I have reprogrammed another transponder and I'm good to go.
    I've also turned into a born again multiple transponder owner. Never again will I only have one unit. In fact anyone with only one unit should seriously get a spare.

Cheers,

James.