Thread: Aircon compressor

Default Aircon compressor

Hi all, new man to the group and my first post!

Does anybody know where I can get an aircon compressor? Mine has failed in the belt-melting fashion, I suspect the whole unit is dead rather than just the clutch... I'm having a lot of trouble finding one in the UK.

I have a '91 3.0 manual left hand driver in red with black leather, live in the Essex/London area.

Many thanks,

Daniel

Default Re: Aircon compressor

Welcome.

You could try Honda of course (however the part may be different on an LHD, would imagine if anything only difference may be a bracket, or could be exactly the same) or if the part is the same, try doing a search via the breakers, or drop Dirk a PM as he is a breaker based in Europe.

In fact is this what you are after ??

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=879

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1971uk
    Hi all, new man to the group and my first post!

Does anybody know where I can get an aircon compressor? Mine has failed in the belt-melting fashion, I suspect the whole unit is dead rather than just the clutch... I'm having a lot of trouble finding one in the UK.

I have a '91 3.0 manual left hand driver in red with black leather, live in the Essex/London area.

Many thanks,

Daniel

Thanks for that, looks similar.

I believe the p/n I need is either 38600-PR7-A01 (compressor assembly) or 38810-PR7-A01 (compressor assembly only, which I suspect is just the turbine mech).

I shall have a word with Dirk!

thanks again

Daniel

Done!

Dirk has sorted me out a new compressor, should be here in a few days. Apparently this is R134a ready but we think I will need to replace the receiver/drier also for this.

Thanks for the help, that was a good first experience!

cheers

Daniel

Let us know how you get on with delivery etc, not sure if anyone has actually bought goods off him, however he is an official vendor on here so i'm sure must have provided goods for someone.

Will be good to know we have genuine helpful suppliers.

6. Default

I've just taken the complete aircon system out of my 2000 model year NSX. If you need any other parts, let me know.

Cheers, David.

Thanks David, will do.

Compressor is on the way from Dirk, apparently I need an R134a compatible receiver/drier but as these are a service item I assume I should install new?

Why have you pulled your system out?

8. Default

Weight saving... my NSX is for track days only!

Cheers, David.

nice

Just to let you all know my aircon compressor did indeed arrive very quickly and with no bother, Dirk was really helpful and I'd be happy to work with him again.

Cheers Dirk!