Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To Part Or Not To Part?

your ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Apologies! Getting rather too used to gaddam' mofo Merkinisms in the interweb these days.

Parting out, putting out, hellagash...
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

2. Default

Hi Dave,

Do you need the cash? How would you invest the cash? Will it return you more than your NSX if it just sits there?

If you'll use it once a year or more for a good run then it might be sensible just as an investment. Mine's hardly getting used but hard to let go on financial grounds alone.

You could always put it up for silly money and not care if it doesn't go. I have 15k of bits on mine and would want 10k over standard asking price if I sold it, like you I wouldn't want to return to standard.

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr View Post
    Hi Dave,

Do you need the cash? How would you invest the cash? Will it return you more than your NSX if it just sits there?

If you'll use it once a year or more for a good run then it might be sensible just as an investment. Mine's hardly getting used but hard to let go on financial grounds alone.

You could always put it up for silly money and not care if it doesn't go. I have 15k of bits on mine and would want 10k over standard asking price if I sold it, like you I wouldn't want to return to standard.

L*
    This is more or less the situation, I don't need the cash, I have put a lot of money into it which I know I won't recoupe, but the main reasons to sell are, I think I'd probably use it even less if I did take it to Spain, as to be honest I do have my eye on something else, and the hassle of all the paperwork etc.
    The silly money option looks like the way to go, like you say it doesn't matter if it doesn't go, and I certainly would not be unhappy at that outcome.
    Cheers

Dave

I'm not attracted by a womans mind, only what she doesn't mind!!!

95 NSX Owner since 8 Aug 05 (sold Apr 13)
    Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
    Bentley Continental GTC
    Kawasaki ZX9R

4. Default

With the spyder in Spain it might be nice to have a toy ready over here for when you do come back, it would be a shame if some unscrupulous character de-blinged her!

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Hi All,
    It's been a long time since I visited this forum, good to see a lot of you have remained loyal to the NSX.
    Mine still has a very special place in my heart and to be honest I do miss it.
    I was just wondering if it's still knocking about the UK as I did see it for sale again a few years ago with de-blinged wheels just hope someone's looking after it as it really was my P&J.
    Cheers

Dave

Bentley Continental GTC
    Kawasaki ZX9R

Welcome back on the forum Dave,

Yes, we have seen your car for sale on PH not to long ago....so it is still around.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Thanks very much,

Any idea how much it was up for? I was looking at PH's a couple of days ago, and the yellow (of course) one in County Armargh really got the old cells ticking.
    Cheers

Dave

Bentley Continental GTC
    Kawasaki ZX9R

Dave. Good to hear from you, hope life is treating you well. Did the Lambo make it to Spain with you?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Hi Ian, nice to see your still on here and haven't parted with that beautiful Blue NSX, all is good thanks, I hope the same for you.
    After 5 years many happy miles touring round Europe I decided to get rid of the Gallardo, it was a great car, thoroughly enjoyed the ownership, and it was a lot more accomplished at touring (apart from luggage space) than most people would expect.
    Anyway a bit the same as the NSX, I couldn't get the Lambo out of my system, so last year I took the plunge and got an Aventador Roadster in Verde Ithaca (green) which is down in Spain with me now, I absolutely love it, totally bonkers, a real sense of occasion every time I take it out, but I do still hanker after another NSX to sit along side of it, just whether I can justify it due to the limited time I allow myself off.
    Cheers

Dave

Bentley Continental GTC
    Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by DAVEMAT View Post
    Hi Ian, nice to see your still on here and haven't parted with that beautiful Blue NSX, all is good thanks, I hope the same for you.
    After 5 years many happy miles touring round Europe I decided to get rid of the Gallardo, it was a great car, thoroughly enjoyed the ownership, and it was a lot more accomplished at touring (apart from luggage space) than most people would expect.
    Anyway a bit the same as the NSX, I couldn't get the Lambo out of my system, so last year I took the plunge and got an Aventador Roadster in Verde Ithaca (green) which is down in Spain with me now, I absolutely love it, totally bonkers, a real sense of occasion every time I take it out, but I do still hanker after another NSX to sit along side of it, just whether I can justify it due to the limited time I allow myself off.

Wow...Avantador Roadster is properly into supercar / dream car / properly bonkers territory! An NSX as a sensible daily driver sounds just perfect.

Are you still working in the oil industry (IIRC?!) if so, presumably (ref. Lambo upgrade!) you have weathered the last 3 years OK?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast