Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Britludes NSX story

purchased via isicar in japan... they do like to charge for the delivery, so worth bundle-ing it with a larger order....

they have one listed on the bay at the moment.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-NSX-...wAAOSwARZXluMS

as i said, shipping is the killer!

note....

when fitting it, it does get a bit tight where the 4 mounting studs are, the ones that connect the metal strip, that this rubber fits into, to the car...
    Last edited by britlude; 26-06-2017 at 07:18 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

i use photobucket to host my pics, have done since at least 2005, their mission statement being a free resource for saving and sharing your pics on the internet, including simple links to copy and paste into websites, emails, direct links, and img code to put on forums. that was their purpose...

however start of july 2017,they changed their terms without notice to stop the external links, and just have the pics for personal storage..... unless you pay $400 per year! that's 100 million users worldwide, with over 14 billion images saved that suddenly cannot be referenced to by sites and forums...

a lot of unhappy people, and a lot of 'ransom' comments! photobucket broke the internet!

after the photobucket change of terms debacle, i've just spent the week uploading pics to flickr, and going through this thread to change the photo links to the 317 pics within!!

normal service has been resumed on my build thread, until flickr decides to be a pain too!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

well... much as i love a chat and stuff, perhaps this discussion re. photobucket and picture hosting issues would be better in this thread... http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...k-bit-of-paint

and the head gasket horror woe (hope you get it sorted) might warrant it's own thread....

just saying as my build thread is going off at a tangent!

Smiley face!!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

Your wish is his my command. Head gasket thread moved here:http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...Gasket-Failure

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    well... much as i love a chat and stuff, perhaps this discussion re. photobucket and picture hosting issues would be better in this thread... http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...k-bit-of-paint

and the head gasket horror woe (hope you get it sorted) might warrant it's own thread....

just saying as my build thread is going off at a tangent!

Smiley face!!!!

way back when, i fitted a filter between the PCV valve and the inlet manifold, to try to stop the usual blow-by oil manky buildup behind the throttle butterfly... a reminder from jan 2016...

well today, as nothing came out of the drain caps, i thought i'd remove it as it wasn't working.... one off, i was carrying it back to the garage, and lo, it poured about an egg cup of neat black oil onto the drive!!! a quick clean up and checking the water trap side, it turns out that was full of a mayonnaise water/oil emulsion!

seems it was working after all, and quite effectively!

this was a fraction of the contents of the water trap side...
    WP_20170928_18_16_12_Pro by jon sutherland, on Flickr

so it was reinstated, but with a little repaint to make it a bit less 'in your face'!!!!
    WP_20170928_18_45_08_Pro by jon sutherland, on Flickr

a yearly service from now i think!
    Last edited by britlude; 31-12-2017 at 11:02 AM.
    aka Jonathan!!

quick resume (without the accent) of recent bits.....

made lil mud flaps....
    WP_20171224_15_35_28_Pro__highres by jon sutherland, on Flickr

WP_20171224_15_35_39_Pro by jon sutherland, on Flickr

cleaned my air filter....
    WP_20171230_12_23_36_Pro by jon sutherland, on Flickr

i gave the throttle body a clean too, but it only have a oil film on it, rather than the crud of old, so the filters (previous post above) are making a difference!

the drivers window has been occasionally reluctant to go up, i hear the relay clicking in the control unit in the door, but the window doesn't go up... unless i press the switch ump-teen times, then it'll lift... dodgy relay then! set to and removed the controller, opened the box, all looked fine, removed a relay to confirm pinout, function and coil resistance.....

WP_20171229_12_16_54_Pro by jon sutherland, on Flickr

I found a modern equivalent relay to order, so replaced relay, reflowed the solder joints for the relays and connection pins, and put it all back together.... ordered the relays, an also ordered the uprated relays for the EPS (just in case) as Farnell have them in stock

the window is now behaving as it should, but i'll swap out the relays when they arrive!
    Last edited by britlude; 31-12-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    aka Jonathan!!

Interesting to see caps on there, did you also change them?

not changed the caps, not changed anything yet, waiting for the relays to appear.....
    aka Jonathan!!

update... window controller working fine at the moment, so not fitted the new relays yet, wait until it's warmer, lighter evenings and i've not got the hotrod in a thousand pieces......

fitted 6 new coil packs as i hunt down the occasional rough running at 2000-2500rpm....
    aka Jonathan!!

as the hotrod is in the doghouse, and it's nice and warm/sunny, i finally got round to doing an NSX job that's been on the list since last year.....

the rear window surround on my car, being 26 years old, has taken on a bleached white/grey look, and no amount of miracle cures will get it to go black AND stay black, so the time has finally come to sort it
    IMG_20180505_153811 by jon sutherland, on Flickr

IMG_20180505_153832 by jon sutherland, on Flickr

see, horrid, so drastic action... out with the knife and cut it off.... well, cut a bit, and the rest pulled off in moments! a clean up with a blade to remove the adhesive residue and good to go

the replacement was bought from the NSX shop, https://www.thensxshop.com/exterior/...-hatch-molding

turns out this includes some foam dam strips, as it's intended to be used when bonding new glass to the rear hatch frame..... so these strips are redundant for this task... but handy for fitting the screen into the hotrod!!!

anyway, a quick prefit, the remove, squidge in some adhesive (not included in the kit) and good to go!

the obligatory before/after pic!

IMG_20180505_161230 by jon sutherland, on Flickr

see, the new one is SOOOO black you had to look twice to see it!!!

a quick side note, the instructions say that the rear window needs to be removed..... i ignored that particular line.... (smiley face!)
    aka Jonathan!!

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast