Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Britludes NSX story

quick and easy boring oil change 144948miles!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

just completed my christmas eve/christmas day/boxing day epic ABS upgrade....

from this

to this

read all about it here.....

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?14339-ABS-upgrade
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Looking good! You did stop for Christmas dinner though?!
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

quick one today... cleaned the car, and thought i'd make sure the drains in the front boot corners were clear, so a gentle prod and squirt with the hose saw them sorted, but then noticed the rear corner on the drivers side had a puddle.....

WP_20170310_16_50_45_Pro_zpsduxl7gz3 by jon sutherland, on Flickr

WP_20170310_16_51_03_Pro_zpsqyvwp93p by jon sutherland, on Flickr

def a puddle!!!

so undo the lamp nuts on the drivers side, and gently pull the outer end away from the car, not too far, as the centre piece stops it coming off, I just need to get to the drain channel between the 2 light seal gaskets....

here's the problem...
    WP_20170310_16_55_12_Pro_zpstdepenxi by jon sutherland, on Flickr

the 'square' in the middle of the pic is the drain channel coming up from the bottom...this is supposed to continue up behind the black plastic bit.... but is blocked by crud! better tease that out then, and give it all a rinse to clear it and reassemble!

once back together, another check....
    WP_20170310_17_06_27_Pro_zpswdugqa0x by jon sutherland, on Flickr

that's that sorted then!

fortunately i'd replaced the gasket seals previously so they still had a nice spring to them, so not worried about them not sealing.... i do have another set for when i do the respray, but one thing at a time!!!

....and i did notice i missed the edge of the light when i cleaned it!
    Last edited by britlude; 22-07-2017 at 09:12 AM.
    aka Jonathan!!

quick oil change, as i bought enough oil to do the NSX when we changed the cube engine..... 147K miles... looks like it was a bit early, but hey-ho, it's just a quick oil change!!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    quick oil change, as i bought enough oil to do the NSX when we changed the cube engine..... 147K miles... looks like it was a bit early, but hey-ho, it's just a quick oil change!!!!
    Just curious Jon, did you tighten the sump plug up to 33lb/ft of torque with a new crushable washer or just nip it up to what you thought was tight enough???

Workshop manual quote:

"No special tool is needed for an oil-change; however, make sure you use a new crush washer in and apply the right torque. The manual specifies 33lb-ft of torque on the oil pan drain plug and
    16lb-ft (one turn) on the oil filter (after applying oil to the rubber seal and using a NEW crush washer - reusing the crush washer will mess up this torque reading)."

The reason I ask is because over the 20 years of changing the oil and filter each year and torquing up as suggested above and regularly changing the sump plug for a new one.

But two or three years ago the threads became very weak when approaching that torque setting to the point of needing to insert a helicoil kit and wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem. So now I just nip it up tight enough because the helicoil cannot be taken to 33lb/ft torque.

And as for torquing up the oil filter, just hand tight for me.

Here's an interesting link on the subject:

https://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Mainten...luidfilter.htm
    Last edited by Pride; 22-04-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Last edited by britlude; 22-07-2017 at 09:13 AM.
    aka Jonathan!!

you know when you get a niggle detail that bugs you, you know, the bit no-one else notices.. well, finally sorted one this week... the sealing rubber between bonnet and bumper was manky, kept going green as it lives outside....

WP_20170619_21_24_05_Pro_zpssajtplsh by jon sutherland, on Flickr

so purchased a replacement seal....
    WP_20170624_10_07_05_Pro_zpsrjdddvyx by jon sutherland, on Flickr

better.....
    WP_20170624_10_21_40_Pro_zpsejxmrijt by jon sutherland, on Flickr

before and after...
    WP_20170624_10_27_17_Pro_zps8unrrmgc by jon sutherland, on Flickr
    Last edited by britlude; 22-07-2017 at 09:14 AM.
    aka Jonathan!!

Hi Jonathan, looks like that sill could do with a little a little nudge to the rear ... And ref the bonnet rubber , were HUK particularly greedy with that one?
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Hello Jonathan....inspired by your recent post (and, just for once, a task you detail which I can sensibly do myself!) I looked at the part no. in your photo - 71152-SL0-010.
    From the diagram on the 'Acurapartswarehouse' site, whilst the part looks to be about right, the part description is Seal, FR. Bumper Plate Center which sounds less correct....are you are to shed any light please?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast