Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Daliracing dilemma

Prime has a vendor experience area:
    http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42

And Of course some Dali stuff...
    http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154433
    Last edited by NSXGB; 19-05-2012 at 07:45 AM.

I haven't used these services, the web page has a certain unprofessional/arsy air to it.
    Complaints page:
    "Has Mr. Dali HURT YOUR FEELINGS?"
    我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

To funny... here a the general terms of conditions.. seriously its actually very funny to read.

example:

Dali's work ethic, or why I always get **** in the Forums

Even though I am on a 25/8 schedule I still can't do everything. For a couple years I've been blaming it on too much to do and too few brain cells left, excessive earwax buildup, and iron-poor blood, but now I found out the real reason we're tired & cranky here; and it's because we're overworked.(that's me, myself and I) Here’s why:

1. The population of this country is 273 million +/- a few million illegals.
    2. 140 million are retired; that leaves 133 million or so to do the work.
    3. There are 85 million in school, which leaves ~48 million to do the work.
    4. Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government; leaving 19 million to do actually any work.
    5. 2.8 million are in the armed forces, which leaves 16.2 million to do the work.
    6. Take from the total the 14,800,000 people who work for state and city governments and that leaves 1.4 million to do the work.
    7. At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals, Leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.
    8. Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons.
    9. That leaves just two people left to do the work.

You and me.
    . . and you're sitting on your butt, at your computer, reading jokes and surfing You Tube..
    No wonder I am always behind.

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/info/terms_conditions/terms.cfm#shipping

What a donkey...
    '92 Honda NSX
    '93 Landcruiser HDJ80 (daily driver)
    '05 Maserati Quattroporte (sold)

Scary thing is, that's very nearly an fact!

I find the website amusing and have had good communication from Mark, but that doesn't help poor Umran.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

i have had a few conversations with MJ on email and with regards to politics and economy in US, he is 'clued up' and the stats above would be fairly accurate i reckon.

i think his site is a breath of fresh air, very funny but informative too ... just a pity his services let him down at times ... cause he would be a brilliant source for everyone in the UK ... and before i got 'jumped on' for being 'supportive' still NO comms with me either over past few weeks :upset:
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post

for nsxcb to just put up a permanent warning against him is not right as there are a number of owners on here who have had/continue to get decent service from him
    Why wouldn't it be right? He is a thief. Just because he doesn't steal off everyone does not make him an ok guy. A thief is a thief. And people should be warned about him.
    I think it would be an excellent idea to have a sticky warning people of the possible outcome of dealing with him.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Occam's razor:

Never assume malice where f uckwittedness is a more likely explanation.

Maybe that ought to be the "warning" about Dali!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post

I find the website amusing.... but that doesn't help poor Umran.
    I agree - I find always find Dali's site an amusing what to while away 1/2 hour or so.

Maybe all the effort he puts into making his site so entertaining to read is one of the reasons his service is so shockingly erratic?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

9. Default

The best way to order with Dali is to only buy what he has in stock (verify with him via email first). I have never had an issue that way. If I had a problem I could always go to his shop direct since it's about 90 minutes away. I did have to return an item once (he has an outside manufacturer make parts too) that did not fit well. He ignored my emails after sending the part back. I simply filed a Paypal complaint (must be in 45 days or less) and I got the refund right away.

Only by parts he has in stock that are brand name, not off brand. Then you will most likely not have any issues.

If you have a problem file a Paypal complaint withing 45 days of payment. This will freeze his account until it is resolved. That is why he responds so quickly to refund you because he needs to have his account open to get funds from other customers.

BTW, his NSX-R parts prices are not current.
    Direct email (weekends/ afterhours): quantex 2 3 at hotmail dot com
    Phone: 714-897-2727 M-F 10:30am - 6pm
    NSXPrime Vendor thread of NSX-R shift boots, horn buttons, roof liners, sun visors, lights, pedal covers, intake plates, badges, etc.
    Advans CPAP - CPAP masks and cpap machines to treat sleep apnea.

Quote Originally Posted by AdvansCPAP View Post
    The best way to order with Dali is to only buy what he has in stock (verify with him via email first). I have never had an issue that way. If I had a problem I could always go to his shop direct since it's about 90 minutes away. I did have to return an item once (he has an outside manufacturer make parts too) that did not fit well. He ignored my emails after sending the part back. I simply filed a Paypal complaint (must be in 45 days or less) and I got the refund right away.

Only by parts he has in stock that are brand name, not off brand. Then you will most likely not have any issues.

If you have a problem file a Paypal complaint withing 45 days of payment. This will freeze his account until it is resolved. That is why he responds so quickly to refund you because he needs to have his account open to get funds from other customers.

BTW, his NSX-R parts prices are not current.
    Koni springs,Eibach shocks,both in stock,neither delivered despite me paying for items plus shipping.
    Maybe paypal have changed their policy now but i believe it used to be 30 days. 30 days is not a lot of time while you wait for a one man band to get around to shipping them out,then waiting for customs to sort them out.
    It is a lot easier when you live in the same country,especially if you only live 90 minutes away.
    The best way to deal with Dali is deal with someone else.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast