Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 97 Auto Uk car coming up for auction - P60 NSX

regardless of having to pay ... ph is still a great outlet for selling proper car's

autotrader is living on its past glories ... their service is nothing new and they charge a fortune for it.

ph and local services is how i shift vehicles now ... never look at autotrader BUYING or SELLING
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

I rarely look at AT. But then I never look at practical cars or vans and that seems to be their staple audience. Reminds me of the days when the photographer came round and took a picture. then it appeared in something called a magazine!

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Well i was the one who ended up buying the car (from the guy who bought it from Brooklands 3 weeks ago)

I bought it for a customer/colleague in the netherlands. He wanted a yellow F matic so ultimately the car is worth how much someone is prepared to pay for it! Not sure about the sellers story but at the end of the day I looked at the car - not how much he paid for it or why he was selling.

It wasnt a "mint" car but very clean and a lot of history. Has had a blow over with a few skims of filler in places (but then its a 15 year old car and not many havent!) but no accident damage. Mechanically very clean and tidy. 1 hour test drive didnt throw up any issues. Used a borescope to examine those hard to see places and nothing untoward. Drove faultlessly and the F matic is pretty neat (never diven one before). Few signs of the highish mileage - gas lifters tired, leather seat with wear patches (since replaced with a nice one I had), slight leak from rocker cover.

Off to Holland next week!
    Not another NSX project!
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Porsche 981 Boxster S
    BMW E46 M3
    1998 NA2 Midnight Purple Targa Manual - Gone - to Thailand
    1999 NA2 Kaiser Silver Manual Track Car - Gone - and found its true destiny on the race track
    1992 NA1 Sebring Silver Coupe Manual -
    Gone (although still in my showroom in storage)

Unregistered Guest

Makes a change from sending them to HK ....

Hope the new owner enjoys it ...

Default 611 boe

I bought Andy's old car which seemed good value after trying two others,the "jordon" and the "ebay".I'll be at silverstone and look forwardto meeting people and seeing 29 other NSX's!

Quote Originally Posted by pralognan View Post
    I bought Andy's old car which seemed good value after trying two others,the "jordon" and the "ebay".I'll be at silverstone and look forwardto meeting people and seeing 29 other NSX's!
    Congratulations! That always looked like a tidy NSX, and I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing all the other variants in one place
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

7. Default

Hope the new owner in Holland enjoys the NSX - I didn't meet you but my girlfriend said you were lovely and she'd certainly trust R-motion as a company. We had a few uhappy people calling in the following days wanting to pay the full asking price or more, so as you say a car worth what people want to pay. I'd certainly have clung onto it if I could.

Another week and we're Australia bound... have already started looking for an NSX on those shores but pretty hard to find and not cheap when I do.....!

p.s amazing the interest in the car but would confirm what has been said re PH, Autotrader and eBay. PH seems to attract a better class of people with more realistic expectations, and i've only ever sold my old cars though there despite using all 3.

See you on the other side guys

Well i am the new owner from Holland, very happy with it! Great car, and special thanks to Mike @ R-motion!

Quote Originally Posted by Rdevelopments View Post
    Well i am the new owner from Holland, very happy with it! Great car, and special thanks to Mike @ R-motion!
    Enjoy your new toy
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

Quote Originally Posted by drmikey View Post
    Well i was the one who ended up buying the car (from the guy who bought it from Brooklands 3 weeks ago)

I bought it for a customer/colleague in the netherlands. He wanted a yellow F matic so ultimately the car is worth how much someone is prepared to pay for it! Not sure about the sellers story but at the end of the day I looked at the car - not how much he paid for it or why he was selling.

It wasnt a "mint" car but very clean and a lot of history. Has had a blow over with a few skims of filler in places (but then its a 15 year old car and not many havent!) but no accident damage. Mechanically very clean and tidy. 1 hour test drive didnt throw up any issues. Used a borescope to examine those hard to see places and nothing untoward. Drove faultlessly and the F matic is pretty neat (never diven one before). Few signs of the highish mileage - gas lifters tired, leather seat with wear patches (since replaced with a nice one I had), slight leak from rocker cover.

Off to Holland next week!

Did you check the fuel lines by the filter and the HB?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123