Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 97 Auto Uk car coming up for auction - P60 NSX

1. Default 97 Auto Uk car coming up for auction - P60 NSX

Hi Guys,

Just noticed that Historics at Brooklands is holding an auction on the 26th of May and this little number is amongst the lots.
    Might pop down to see how the auction goes. I am thinking of maitaining a record of every NSX that comes on the market that I can see, just so I can track their values as I think it might take me a while to understand what constitutes good value. As if I do spend this sort of money, I really need to be comfortable that I obtain one with a solid case for appreciation.

There are 4 or 5 I have found on the market currently

First registered in January 1997, this striking HondaNSX was purchased by the current vendor in November2006 from John Banks Honda in Ipswich; the vehicle havingcovered 76,600 miles at that time. During the subsequent24,000 miles the car has been very well maintained,
    returning to the supplying dealer for the
    necessary service work. Finished in IndyYellow pearl with black leather trim,this automatic NSX is supplied with aV5 registration document and an MoTtest certificate valid until 8th November2012. A modern supercar and one thatlooks as attractive today as it did when
    launched 20 years ago.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P60NSX.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	11207
    Last edited by mersontheperson; 10-05-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

looks nice for a 100k'er
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

I went to look about that last Historics at Brooklands auction in February, which was at the Merc centre next door (worth a look anyway) but the auction bods wanted £25 to get in (access is only with a catalogue - £25)!!!! Because I wasn't bidding I didn't bother watching - ended up going round the Brooklands museum - again worth £10 admission fee.

5. Default

This sold for 14,950 at auction and is now being advertised now on pistonheads for 19,500 along with some drivel that he will increase it by 10,000 if he finds proof that Eddie Jordan was the first owner.

Would be interesting to see if this is a private seller as, if not, he is in breach of the pistonheads advertising rules.
    Last edited by Setanta; 02-06-2012 at 09:20 AM.

why is it a very very reluctant sale then if only just picked up??

the EJ stuff is quite frankly hilarious ... adding that money to the ask price ... wise up!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

I drove the Eddie Jordan NSX (this well could be it) a number of years ago. Cambridge Honda had it on the forecourt and they let me take it for a test drive. Wonderful car. At the time it is less than £25k and the dealer knew full well that Eddie Jordan was a previous owner.

While the car, if it is still as I remember it, is one that I would love to own the new owner sounds like someone I wouldn't want to buy a car from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacitas View Post
    I drove the Eddie Jordan NSX (this well could be it) a number of years ago. Cambridge Honda had it on the forecourt and they let me take it for a test drive. Wonderful car. At the time it is less than £25k and the dealer knew full well that Eddie Jordan was a previous owner.

While the car, if it is still as I remember it, is one that I would love to own the new owner sounds like someone I wouldn't want to buy a car from.

It does sound like someone who "loves and pleasures" themselves a little too much!

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    It does sound like someone who "loves and pleasures" themselves a little too much!
    That would be the average car dealer then
    The older I get, the faster I was

10. Default Its mine

Hi guys

I'm the owner of the car. I'm not offended or being defensive at all - forums are a great thing - but as a fellow enthusiast I had to reply and cheer you all up. I'm a private owner and also not a fan of dealers, as they tend to overprice nice cars in the market.

Unfortunately 2 days after I bought it I found I have to move abroad, hence after trying every avenue to take it with me or store it, I am finally selling.
    I've had multiple Hondas and I've looked for an NSX for years and this was the best by a country mile - it genuinely is magnificent and has been really pampered. Ignoring the mileage (still relatively low) and the rarer specials it is probably the best in the UK. It is the Cambridge car too I think, but really don't have the time to do the history checks for the Jordan thing, so not promising anything to anyone. The colour is pretty divisive but I think it is brilliant and adds a bit to the theate of the car.

Re the price and value, the price I put it up for it what I thought it was worth. Also I’m sure you’ve sold cars before - they rarely sell for the advertised price after negotiating, and generally the higher you advertise the more tirekickers who can't actually afford to buy it you cut out (I sold my lovely old 911 993 for less than it was worth and had 58 viewers – 58!!). Finally, the car was sold after the auction to me - the price mentioned reflects the final bid plus fees, it doesn't reflect the true price paid so not the bargain it looks. I think these are appreciating and fast as I was willing to pay well over £20k for the right car, with this car I do think the buyer has got a absolute bargain here. Anyways, it is pretty much sold so no ulterior motives - hope to get in another and write again here.

p.s. when I land on the other shore my first mission will be get an NSX... but at current exchange rates paying at least twice what I have advertised this for

p.p.s. would recommend the brooklands auction for a day out too - its an amazing location and they're really nice and professional people

p.p.p.s. the main attraction for me was insanely low running costs for a supercar and this one proved it - if any of you guys do not own and are debating it you could run one of these for less than a Prius and make some money when it appreciates.

Cheers
    Last edited by NSXEE; 12-06-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast