Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nsxcb agm

does not go well with point 3 above

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Donnington Park has a great F1 museum.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

How does this sound for an AGM.....

Lake District
    Arrive Saturday
    Saturday night Dinner/ Entertainment and Annual NSXCB awards ceremony (voted for by NSXCB members)
    Sunday morning breakfast
    Drive the Hard Knott Pass...,,one of the most spectacular roads in the UK
    http://www.visitcumbria.com/wc/hardknott-pass.htm
    September 2012

If there's enough interest I will get some costs etc
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Quote Originally Posted by thelimpingwhippet View Post
    Tom and Darren McWhirter at the Moray Motor Museum. I've never been to the museum but have raced against quite a few of their cars: they (the cars) are very fast and immaculately prepared. I agree it would be an excellent venue for the North British Chapter.
    Bob
    Is that the one in Elgin? I have driven past it so many times and never went it ( I'm litterally based 6 miles from it)

I think it would be good for a Scottish meet, always talked about but never happened. Most we had was about 6 cars at Callander classic car show a few years back.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Jim, can you not get it put in a Herc and flown south??

+1

could get a few of us over here going to that

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    I think it would be good for a Scottish meet, always talked about but never happened.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

I lived in Forres for a time and played my golf at Lossiemouth but never took the chance to go to the Motor Museum.....Lots of nice driving roads up there too. Inverness to Fort William is beautiful
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Default Scottish / National Meet

Look at the Grampian Transport Museum, not far from Aberdeen. It even has a little circuit- great for Photographs.
    The blurb says it is available for club meets, and it is close to some of the finest driving roads in the U.K.(and some of the finest Distilleries!)
    All the southern contingent can have a nice 5/600 mile drive to get your cars warmed up- only 20 miles away for me !!!

Tom and Darren were based in Elgin but I never visited their museum. I was based in Fife and used to race with them in the 90's in a race series called Historic Ecosse at Knockhill. The rules of the series were - 9 points for passing scrutineering, 9 points for finishing the race and 3 points for winning it! It was also compulsory to contribute sandwiches for lunch for the other drivers. The best grid we had was an F2 Brabham, 3 formula juniors, 2 E types, a C type (genuine), XK120, Tojeiro Jag, Barnato Bentley, Cooper Bristol, 2 Lotus 23's, Lotus Elite (ex Jim Clark) Cooper Monaco, Lotus 11 and assorted spridgets. Happy days.
    I get back to Scotland (Edinburgh) twice a year and would be great to meet up at Callender next August. Alternatively if you can hitch a ride to RAF Cosford let me know. I am about 4 miles away.
    Bob
    1996 NSX-T Auto
    1933 Talbot 105
    2011 Nissan Cube Rider

There are two types of people. Those who extrapolate from incomplete data.

I have had a response back from teh PR and Events Manager at Honda UK. SHe has offered us the use of the Honda Institute as a venue for an NSX AGM. Does anyone know anything about what there is at the Honda Institute as I cannot find anything about it on the web other than the fact that it is in COlnbrook (near Heathrow)

I know that we have been looking at somewhere in the middle of the country to make the travel fairer for everyone, but how does the Honda Institute sound as an option?
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

not great at all tbh

still think scotland would be nice

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast