Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NA1 1991 Berlina Black

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Thanks Tokyo jo can you tell me where you bought the wheel and adapter etc I would like to do the same with my car, also what was the cost of the parts?
    Hi Scott,

I bought the NRG release hub and boss from science of speed. The cost was approximately $420 for the two parts and then I paid a further £40 for customs. The steering wheel I opted for I went to a company called caraudiosecurity and bought a momo steering wheel that was not too far different from the nsx-r, cost was around £160. Told my insurance also that this modification was done mainly for security to which they agreed it is best to tell them as there is no more airbag, so best to have things accurately written on the insurance

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks Tokyo Jo it looks really good. I did find the NRG quick release hubs on line and you can have them in orange which would look great with my IOP NSX. I think the original wheel dates the interior and so I would like to change it.

Hi Scott,

I bought the NRG release hub and boss from science of speed. The cost was approximately $420 for the two parts and then I paid a further £40 for customs. The steering wheel I opted for I went to a company called caraudiosecurity and bought a momo steering wheel that was not too far different from the nsx-r, cost was around £160. Told my insurance also that this modification was done mainly for security to which they agreed it is best to tell them as there is no more airbag, so best to have things accurately written on the insurance

Cheers,

Andy[/QUOTE]
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

I bought the NRG items from Dali for around $450 I think, the Nardi wheel I bought from the great folks at Driftworks. DW stock all genuine Nardi gear and the quality is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo-Joe View Post
    I bought the NRG items from Dali for around $450 I think, the Nardi wheel I bought from the great folks at Driftworks. DW stock all genuine Nardi gear and the quality is fantastic.

Just checked and it comes with orange stitching and logo which would look great
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    let us know how the s2k side repeaters go ... be interested in this mod
    I'm pretty sure NSX side repeaters are the same as 92-00 Civics, Integras, S2000s etc.

wow, your car looks fantastic in the black.
    very nice colour for them, i have a few mazdas, an mx3 in black with black alloys and an rx8 in wining blue

black needs extra care to keep shiney, what do you use for polish? i use the autoglym products, there is one for dark colours, then
    the damm cat comes and decides to say hello and walk all over your shiney bonnet, gggrrrrrr lol little paw prints everywhere.

if i was to buy an nsx i'd love one in black. they look awesome from the front

Thanks Soddy.

Yes I have also gone for black sports cars over the years and am frustratingly familiar with the extra cleaning ballache haha. That being said when black paint is polished there is little like it. I also find black hides the sharpness of the NSX lines which it could be argued look a little dated, a bright, solid colour shows the lines more clearly.

I test fitted my £7 side repeaters and they fit fine, the bulb connector needs rewiring to the one supplied so I will do a step by step guide when I do mine. I have also been refurbing my leather seats, they look very used and with a few hours treating the leather they are looking great, this should tide me over until I fork out for some red aftermarket buckets.

I took the car for 4 wheel laser alignment this weekend, since I have removed the arch liners and now had a more race inspired suspension setup my new aggressive wheels clear the arches properly

My new NSXR Seibon spoiler turned up as well, it looks fantastic and after I had a real issue removing the current spoiler from the glue i'm hoping my bodyshop will have time to fit it and it should finish the exterior mods.

9. Default

Hi Tokyo Jo,

I always wondered what happened to this car! My brother took it in p/x against a CSL must be 5 years ago. I looked it over for him and test drove it. Very nice motor, my bro promised me all the extras as it came with all stock parts but he sold it before swapping them over! Man I wanted those brakes!

Guy said he had to fit porky wheels to go over bbk, if you want to go back to smaller wheels I can swap out my 2004 brakes with ya ;-D

Looks much better now you've tidied it, good to see it in a loving home.

L*

Hey Lankstarr,

Ah it's great to talk with a previous owner it really is a cracking car and I am working my way through the niggles bit by bit, by the time I'm done it is going to be perfect (for me).

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast