Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the NSX becoming too expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    The real issue is that it is not a classic yet and there are more generally desireable cars of the period. As Mark pointed out it is not fair to compare it to modern cars. So it is at best in between stages. It needs another 10 years to mature IMHO, that is if they let us drive petrol cars then!!!
    I think the early cars are just passing into classic status. Certainly they already qualify for classic insurance.
    When you say there are more generally desirable cars of the period, surely that's down to personal choice again? Or do you mean what is in your opinion broadly accepted as being more desirable?
    The mainstream products will always have a greater market, simply because there are more and because of the badge they wear. But on the face of it, most of the 'more desirable' cars are expensive and fragile and see less road time than the NSX.

Cheers,

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    I think the early cars are just passing into classic status. Certainly they already qualify for classic insurance.
    When you say there are more generally desirable cars of the period, surely that's down to personal choice again? Or do you mean what is in your opinion broadly accepted as being more desirable?
    The mainstream products will always have a greater market, simply because there are more and because of the badge they wear. But on the face of it, most of the 'more desirable' cars are expensive and fragile and see less road time than the NSX.

Cheers,

James.
    James generally means generally, other cars were more desirable, otherwise the NSX would have sold in greater numbers.

3. Default

I Guess people can demand a high price for the NSX as there simply just aren't more than one or two for sale at any given time. People claim to put a 'market value' on cars but the fact is if all NSX owners put them up for sale for 75k and someone wanted one that much...they would have to find a way. I guess even if the car may not be 'classic status' yet, it certainly has an iconic one.

Some cars will go up in value, some cars will go down, depending on condition,milage etc,after purchasing James' lovely example if it goes up in value then thats a bonus, however the fact is, its great to own one and drive it whenever!

Mike

The real issue is that it is not a classic yet and there are more generally desireable cars of the period. As Mark pointed out it is not fair to compare it to modern cars. So it is at best in between stages. It needs another 10 years to mature IMHO, that is if they let us drive petrol cars then!!!
    Can't think of a more desirable car without spending over £40K

Obsolete + desirable = classic in my book.
    我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

Have to also disagree with you on that point Ary, my 91 is a modern classic in mine and the insurance companys opinion and therefore insured as such. The later cars however I would agree are not classics yet but thats purely down to age in my opinion. I would say there is nothing more desireable of that period (early 90's) but late noughties may be a couple I suppose.

Now 80's and early 90's cars are starting to get classic status, take my other toy (Mk2 Golf Gti 16v) these are now near classic status and how many do you see on the road, same for the old Fords XR3i's RS Turbos etc. I am not saying these are good cars just mearly sometimes the lack of cars left make these more desierable and push up prices. Look how much original Mk2 golf Gti's sell for it's staggering! This is the same effect thats happening to the Nsx, the only difference is that it is a bloody good car.

In this current world of computer controlled cars and electric motors, I personally would take a non-assisted pure drivers car over a modern interferring example anyday. The overall package that the Nsx gives is pretty hard to beat and more people are now realising this in comparrison to other so called desierable cars.

Cheers Pete.
    91 Honda Nsx
    90 VW Golf 16v (Track Hack)

Guys is not me saying it the fact remains that the NSX did not sell in the numbers Honda expected.

I am not saying the NSX is rubbish, but time takes it's toll on everything as well, most early NSX have not been well maintained or pampered for their entire life.

We only need to head over to the common faults thread for a quick reminder that the NSX is far from the perfect car a lot current owners profess it to be.

We only need to head over to the common faults thread for a quick reminder that the NSX is far from the perfect car a lot current owners profess it to be.
    True there is no such thing as a perfect car they all have their design flaws the only thing is the Nsx's are well known and mostly preventable with good maintenance. For a hand built car they are pretty good especially when stood next to anything hand built in italy !

There must be an attraction to them for what ever reason, you still post on this forum and you haven't owned one for a while, yet you still want to pass on your knowledge and experiance for the benefit of others.

It's an exclusive club !

Cheers

Pete.
    91 Honda Nsx
    90 VW Golf 16v (Track Hack)

Just wish the prices of the pop ups would rise at the same rate...
    Last edited by Senninha; 26-04-2012 at 05:44 PM.

There are currently 135 R8's for sale on PH from £43k ... is it any wonder this mass produced sports car is loosing value yr on yr ... and if you dont have the right options from day one you can expect to enter freefall far quicker!

And lets not forget that there will be ex NSX owners looking at prices today and thinking that it is now unlikely they will own another as prices have moved north ... but they acknowledge it looks a sensible purchase if they can

With James' sold (easy to know why) there are currently only 3 NSX on the same site and one of those is registered and the other 2 are autos

I cant think why NSX prices are going up ... anyone able to advise?
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

LIVE FOR THE HERE AND NOW and DRIVE THESE WONDERFUL MACHINES!!!

you may not be around to wax lyrical about how much your NSX is worth. Such is life I'm afraid ... I enjoy mine when I can so should all of you.

"The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast