Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 1996 p pearl yellow auto nsx 25000miles

I do not think anyone has unfairly picked on this ad ... and as a forum I think its great that there is knowledge out there to spot these types of issue with an ad. many ad's for NSX's has been put on and discussed on here so why is this one any different?

I think its very beneficial; I would also fully expect my car to be fully discussed on here (so be it) if it was advertised.

I too would want to know what the true age of the car is and i think its only right to point this out. there are many reasons as discussed which may have caused the issue to happen but its needs sorted. The owner has the option to make avail of a service to get the 'right' confirmation of details on this car, then he can ensure that he is providing all the CORRECT detail to a perspective buyer and both parties will know where they stand if a sale is agreed.

Best of luck with sale but do the right thing and confirm the exact age etc for your ad

You cannot ask for fairer than that IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    Regardless of what year his car is or is not is it really fair to pick apart his ad like this? It's buyer beware and all that plus no one should willfully mis-describe their item but if the sellers paperwork says what he describes then isn't it really the business between the seller and buyer? It just seems to be becoming a pick the sale apart thread which is going to ruin the sellers chances of even getting anyone calling....

I may be wrong but just my initial thoughts...
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by NSX 2000 View Post
    Hi Gary

IIRC we picked this car apart last time it was for sale, most of it back then was due to the seller saying it was a "Jordan" special edition.

Paul

PS I do like this NSX, but I'm not sure it's worth 27 large mate
    Imagine if you never knew allot about the NSX but bought this and paid a premium for it because you though it was a REAL Jordan special edition. Then you find this forum and its Pointed out there is no such thing and paid between £10k/£17k more for it lol
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

I agree that all should be aware of the facts and I am not critising anyone for trying to find them out. It just seemed that the continual posting looked a bit overbearing in my eyes. I'm not saying I am necessarilly 100% correct as not all will agree with me. Yes the seller should be aware of what he's selling but not everyone is so car or specifically NSX clued up. He believes he has a Jordan or 96 car. Let people know it may not be that and that they should make detailed checks and leave it be. Agreed the seller could contibute to the site he is advertising on though.......

I went to see this car yesterday and would comment as follows. The yellow paintwork is in excellent condition and the tan interior is absolutely first class.
    It is a jdm car with no passenger airbag and a standard auto gearbox.
    The owner seems to have hardly used the car at all since the mot mileages increase by about 50 miles per year!
    The 6 spoke wheels show no hub centres on the photographs but 4 brand new centres are in the boot along with a nice cover.
    The engine runs nicely and everything seems to work,just the windows are slow to raise.
    Did not ask to drive it since it was pouring with rain and it is clearly not used to getting wet!
    Price is too high for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    If you bought and paid for a 96 car and turned out to be a few years younger, along with specification thats missing as its not the correct year, how would you feel? And if you thought someone could have pointed out and showed people potentially what year it is, but didn't, because other members think its "picking apart" an add, would you not been thinking, "boy I wish I had of knew this information as it would have helped me decided on the purchase" and find the information helpful?

Also if it's buyer beware then surely potential buyers can now find this information helpful!

If not then I won't bother giving any helpful info like this again and just let buyers beware! Hows that sound?
    A bit like buying from Dali and then getting ripped off by him after members on here recommended him then eh
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

If not then I won't bother giving any helpful info like this again and just let buyers beware! Hows that sound?
    Sounds good to me. I've always disliked, and voiced it many times, this forums tendency to pick apart cars and/or talk down prices, often when no ones even asking questions!

Sudesh, I know you were caught out in a similar fashion when you purchased your car but the information is freely available if people are prepared to look and so I'm with Gary on the "buyer beware" side.

Also, the DVLA regularly make, or made, errors. For example my JDM car is listed on the V5C as first registered 2000 and was given an "X" registration plate, when it was imported (in 2000), rather than May 1997 (it should really be a "P" registration) which all the paperwork shows. Another example I know of is some Ford Racing Puma's (though not mine) were registered as Green from new, when ALL 500 cars were exactly the same Imperial Blue.

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    A bit like buying from Dali and then getting ripped off by him after members on here recommended him then eh
    Your like a broken record lol
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Sounds good to me. I've always disliked, and voiced it many times, this forums tendency to pick apart cars and/or talk down prices, often when no ones even asking questions!

Sudesh, I know you were caught out in a similar fashion when you purchased your car but the information is freely available if people are prepared to look and so I'm with Gary on the "buyer beware" side.

Also, the DVLA regularly make, or made, errors. For example my JDM car is listed on the V5C as first registered 2000 and was given an "X" registration plate, when it was imported (in 2000), rather than May 1997 (it should really be a "P" registration) which all the paperwork shows. Another example I know of is some Ford Racing Puma's (though not mine) were registered as Green from new, when ALL 500 cars were exactly the same Imperial Blue.

Cheers

Mark
    Mark, I wasn't entirely right on my at the start, as I was obvilious to the many differences in the JDM model back then!

And if people read through this thread correctly, I did not run down the car by any means, I just clearly stating the year factor to which I was right, as I obtained the chassis number for it!

But if it helps not to share the info, then sI really couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post

Cheers

Mark

I agree with you Mark. I went to view your car before you purchased it,and those "missing" 3 years put me off.A bit more reserch on my part and i may well have ended up buying it(although i really struggled to comfortable in the seats though,lol)

Your like a broken record lol
    But i think you see my point though. It is good to give potential purchasers any advise to help them wether it be a car or vendor,don't you agree?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast