Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Emporer's New Clothes

saw avengers assemble last night ...decent movie ... but dont be expecting any major scenes with the prototype nsx. couple of quick frame shots and thats all

however during the show a particular shot of a smashed up acura 4x4 stayed on screen longer ... go figure?!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Presumably it improved the goofy grille.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Dunno the shot was taken from behind the 4x4!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Presumably it improved the goofy grille.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

4. Default

Its on Honda UKs website now so looks like it will be here in 2015:

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/hybrids/#nsxconcept
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

•Expected to go on sale in the US in 2015 - badged as an Acura

I dunno whether to applaud their honesty about badge-engineering, or suggest the killing of the entire marketing dept. No wonder Accurist is such a joke brand.

The cars are better than they look, but the marketing is appalling.

Whatever, at least one can now look at HUK's webite without the danger of fatal boredom setting in instantaneously.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Lets hope the advertising is like it used to be!

Honda used to win adverts awards, remember the Accord one.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

7. Default

Hmmm no uk release date. Need to get some price and performance figures out, 2015 is a long way off so what are they up to

TSO,

Remember the Accord, let alone the utterly brilliant 'Cog'!

The rumour is that at the end of the current model's cycle, Honda's giving up trying in the D-segment saloon car market, defeated by the might of the German marketing propaganda machine.
    Nick

Nick, Accord aside, the Legend seems like a really good car, just never sold in big numbers
    & as correctly pointed out, struggled against the German market leaders! Also a tad too
    expensive when new.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12