PDA

View Full Version : DALI - Cheap parts from US

Lankstarr
10-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Not wanting to drag up any old dirt or experiences I wanted to share an excellent experience I just had with Dali for a crankshaft pulley.

UK price £450
Delivered to door price from Dali £160

I ordered it on Wednesday and it was received this morning.

Whenever I've followed the following method I've never had a problem, it was only with the big compliocated group buys that I had problems or when things were not in stock.

If you want to save bucks on parts and use Dali please follow:
- Email to check in stock
- If yes, request price shipped to be sent to paypal
- Pay
- Receive goods.

Not too tricky really!

L*

Sudesh
10-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Myself, Andrew, Shane and ED [all Ireland based] have been using Dali for a long time now. Great value, speedy delivery and always quick with email reply.

I ordered all my bits for TB service and save a fortune against Honda UK prices.

nobby
10-04-2012, 06:34 PM
yup!

pretty much agree with that process of ordering and payment.

waiting on MJ to finalise yet more parts for me; wont take payment until things are ready to go out the door ... cant ask for fairer than that

Myself, Andrew, Shane and ED [all Ireland based] have been using Dali for a long time now. Great value, speedy delivery and always quick with email reply.

I ordered all my bits for TB service and save a fortune against Honda UK prices.

Senninha
10-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Such a shame he isn't consistent With everyone ...

amo
13-04-2012, 11:56 PM
lol well u better pay with the credit card paypall is not good if you have a prob id never buy from him again soon as you think hes good and put a big order in then wave goodbye to you cash

thx amo

nobby
14-04-2012, 12:06 AM
does a couple of k's (£'s not $'s) worth make up a 'big order'?

cause thats what i have spent with mark@dali ... and yet to contact paypal or any cc company

lol well u better pay with the credit card paypall is not good if you have a prob id never buy from him again soon as you think hes good and put a big order in then wave goodbye to you cash

thx amo

amo
14-04-2012, 12:26 AM
well mate ur lucky hope you stay that way i send about £3.5k lucky most of it was on my cc so got it back just hold on tight for that rough ride
thx amo

nobby
14-04-2012, 12:41 AM
100% pp record and decent cc should keep me right ...

well mate ur lucky hope you stay that way i send about £3.5k lucky most of it was on my cc so got it back just hold on tight for that rough ride
thx amo

Sudesh
14-04-2012, 10:18 AM
This is always going to be a case of some will use him, some won't! Same applies to the US members from what I read.

No point in arguing about it, because the guys that use him, will continue to use him, and the guys that had a bad experience obviously won't.

Ive been using him for I think 5 years or so, and he's always been consistent, straight to the point with details, prices what's available what's not, how long to receive items and so forth. And it's pretty much been on the button each time.

On my TB service kit, I save over 300 compared to UK price!

jaytip
14-04-2012, 10:45 AM
This will probably get me a reprimand by the mod's but so be it.You guys who come on here and praise dali racing simply because YOU have had a good service,make me sick.Time and again this guy has been PROVED to be a thief,but you guys take the attitude "hey he has been ok with me,so i will sing his praises"
Let's put it into another perspective. Hypothetically,NSXCB members have a regular once a month meeting at each other's houses for a drink/meal, general good time. One member is caught stealing from the house,would you THEN still turn around and welcome the thief into your own house and say " hey,he has never stolen from me so he must be ok"
If you are happy with his services,good for you,best of luck,but don't praise the guy on an open forum when he is a Known thief because that is,in my opinion, pretty bad form.

P.S. and for the record i did order a part that was in stock and still didn't get it.

Sudesh
14-04-2012, 11:04 AM
No different than people coming on and downing his practice.

As said, some will use him some wont, no point in attacking members because some of us had a good experience! Also a person you invite into your home for a meal etc, you would automatically think is a friend.

Dali is a business to me as such, that's the way I work. If he had of taken thousands of my money, I would be on a plane to collect either the parts in person or have my refund.

This will probably get me a reprimand by the mod's but so be it.You guys who come on here and praise dali racing simply because YOU have had a good service,make me sick.Time and again this guy has been PROVED to be a thief,but you guys take the attitude "hey he has been ok with me,so i will sing his praises"
Let's put it into another perspective. Hypothetically,NSXCB members have a regular once a month meeting at each other's houses for a drink/meal, general good time. One member is caught stealing from the house,would you THEN still turn around and welcome the theif into your own house and say " hey,he has never stolen from me so he must be ok"
If you are happy with his services,good for you,best of luck,but don't praise the guy on an open forum when he is a Known theif because that is,in my opinion, pretty bad form.

P.S. and for the record i did order a part that was in stock and still didn't get it.

jaytip
14-04-2012, 11:16 AM

As said, some will use him some wont, no point in attacking members because some of us had a good experience! Also a person you invite into your home for a meal etc, you would automatically think is a friend.

Dali is a business to me as such, that's the way I work. If he had of taken thousands of my money, I would be on a plane to collect either the parts in person or have my refund.
I resent that. I have never said a bad word about ANY honest business.If a business is KNOWN to rip people off on a regular basis,then yes,that business does deserve to be put down,indeed it desrves to be closed down,not just put down.
The NSX community is a small one and members on this board should be looking after each other,not praising someone who is constantly ripping people off. The NSX is an expensive enough car to maintain with out losing your money to unsrupulous vendors.For those who sing his praises,i will ALWAYS tell the other side.
And for the record,i don't start up threads putting his business down,but i will always add my bit to the thread in the hope that new members will not be suckered by him when there are other (honest) vendors available.

Sudesh
14-04-2012, 11:36 AM
For the record, I didn't say you said a bad word about any honest business, I said there was no point in attacking members who have had a good experience.

And quote:
You guys who come on here and praise dali racing simply because YOU have had a good service,make me sick.

Just like the way you feel the need to voice your opinion, then I guess it's the same for the others, and as mentioned some are going to use him and some won't, we are all old enough to make our own choices be them wise or not.

jaytip
14-04-2012, 01:30 PM

I believe I have every right, he ripped me off.
A thief is a thief, whether he steals from your home or steals your money by not sending out goods that have been paid for. And yes, it does make me sick when people praise a thief.

nobby
14-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Those of us that have also done business with him and got the service expected have also 'every right' to state they have gotten a good service from him.

Jaytip, Hagasan, NSXGB, Amo etc we all know you all have had bad experiences there is an acknowledgement of that ... but also what about us members who have got the best side of dali?

... GOOD customer service, good communication and absolutely stonking good VFM!

Now that appears to pi$$ alot of people of on here, and for very good reason as there has been major difficulties in the past (based on what i have read etc). BUT there are those who have got and continue to get good service over the past couple of years and are happy to use him and recommend his services on this forum.

I guess IF things go pear shaped for us 'dali lovers' then it will be a case of 'told you so' and all that ... very true ... but IF it happens (based on recent experiences of others and myself), as things seem to be fairly positive at the moment you will have your time and place to state everything that he has done past and future. At times on here it feels that those members that are using him sometimes get made out to be morons or supposed criminals also, which i think is VERY unfair and totally unjustified.

you point out that the NSX community is small ... that is very true, also where you get parts is also very small and therefore business like Dali should be supported also, as they provide a service that is just not feasible to run within the UK due to HUK pricing charges.

I agree there is NOTHING worse than a thief ... they are SCUM and would hate to EVER praise one, but I will base my OWN experiences with Dali as they are at the moment and that is GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE that presents EXCELLENT VFM until then I will continue to support him as a BUSINESS on this forum, because there is plenty out there that dont and we all have our OWN opinion on that.

I believe I have every right, he ripped me off.
A thief is a thief, whether he steals from your home or steals your money by not sending out goods that have been paid for. And yes, it does make me sick when people praise a thief.

Hagasan
14-04-2012, 02:49 PM
So just be happy all you "Dali Lovers" that it is us who lost our money who are subsidising your cheap parts!! It's easy to cut parts costs and look good when your profit has been made up by someone who never got their parts..... Theft is theft regardless and to condone it by dealing with a thief when you know what he does is hard to understand. Still to some getting the cheapest price is the main driver without scrouples. The honest majority lose out in while the greedy few (eg Dali) make off the back of them....

PeterW
14-04-2012, 02:51 PM
I guess there's history here. Having acquired my NSX fairly recently, I'm not one of the "we all" ....

Jaytip, Hagasan, NSXGB, Amo etc we all know you all have had bad experiences there is an acknowledgement of that ... but also what about us members who have got the best side of dali?

So I'm very happy that those who have had bad experiences with a vendor tell us about it on the forum. And I understand the strength of feelings if you've been ripped off. On the recommendation of a well known member of the forum I've used Tim Poliniak at oemacuraparts. I don't know if he's the cheapest, but a recent purchase of a load of bits for ~£1k was 43% of the HUK price. And the service was great. That's cheap enough for me and my personal choice based on what I've read will be to carry on using him and not chase a lower price somewhere else (if indeed Dali would be cheaper).

And of course other people will make different personal choices which is fine. It's good to have the information to make the choices on.... keep on sharing your experiences, good and bad!

Peter

Sudesh
14-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Whats really funny is, [and I didn't want to bring this up but], there are a few [ i wont name them] who have emailed me asking about certain bits I have on my car, these few have from my knowledge been the ones that had the falling out with Dali, however even with falling out and negativity, I was asked could I get the parts for them!! The parts were ordered, arrived quickly, job done. Go figure...............

Anyway this subject is now boring.

Im off for a drive in the NSX seeing as its a nice day here, which doesn't happen too often lol

amo
14-04-2012, 04:38 PM
It's not if it's when a thief is a thief if he's so nice now why don't he come on here and say sorry lol I don't think so
Thx amo

NSXGB
14-04-2012, 05:59 PM

... GOOD customer service, good communication and absolutely stonking good VFM!

Now that appears to pi$$ alot of people of on here, and for very good reason as there has been major difficulties in the past (based on what i have read etc). BUT there are those who have got and continue to get good service over the past couple of years and are happy to use him and recommend his services on this forum.

Dont really understand your logic here. I don't think the fact you order from Dali and get your parts pi$$es anyone off?? We are all allowed to express our views either way on customer satisfaction here, to warn others of potential fraud is especially important I think you will agree. It's not like he just messed up an order, he stole money from people, not just the odd one or two either, jeez, there's threads full of people he's ripped off on Prime.

I sang his praises after my first two orders with him, I got off fairly lightly in my case, I hope it never happens to you for sure.

This seems to be turning into Dali lovers vs. Dali haters when we should all be looking out for each other on here, that's my aim anyway.

nobby
14-04-2012, 10:18 PM
errr read a few posts up to see that is does!!!

yes i agree members should/can express positive and negative experiences on here but statements such as profiting of other people's misfortunes is NOT on imho :(

yes i have read the stories - this thread started to state that service from dali received by lankstarr was a good expereince, other members like me agreed. then came the negatives and its all went from there.

NB. Prime also has loads of POSITIVE feedback as well regarding Dali its not all negative. :no:

i honestly hope it does not, but until that i will recommend other members to purchase and continue to purchase myself.

AGREED, the original point of this thread has now gone and is now a ping-pong match ... time to move on/sign off on this one me thinks

Yeah nice day here for sure, so got the car out and gave it a wash and have started doing the red stitching on my dashboard as discussed on Prime. Almost one set of stitch lines completed. :)

Dont really understand your logic here. I don't think the fact you order from Dali and get your parts pi$$es anyone off?? We are all allowed to express our views either way on customer satisfaction here, to warn others of potential fraud is especially important I think you will agree. It's not like he just messed up an order, he stole money from people, not just the odd one or two either, jeez, there's threads full of people he's ripped off on Prime.

I sang his praises after my first two orders with him, I got off fairly lightly in my case, I hope it never happens to you for sure.

This seems to be turning into Dali lovers vs. Dali haters when we should all be looking out for each other on here, that's my aim anyway.

jaytip
14-04-2012, 11:48 PM
NB. Prime also has loads of POSITIVE feedback as well regarding Dali its not all negative. :no:

i honestly hope it does not, but until that i will recommend other members to purchase and continue to purchase myself.

I can't believe what i am reading here.You say in a post above that you hate thieves and would never sing their praises but that is EXACTLY what you are doing.
Of course he has positive feedback as well,if he ripped everyone off he would be out of business wouldn't he.You state in this post that you will recommend him to others.What does that say about you? how would you feel if after recommending him to someone(knowing you are recommending a thief,albeit one who hasn't stolen from you) and he then rips off the person you recommended him too.
I personaly feel that the mods of this board should delete EVERY thread in which someone praises Mark Johnson/Dali Racing. The guy rips people off time and time again,and should NEVER be promoted on this board,and continuing to allow people to promote his services is condoning theft. I know this comes across as harsh but lets look at the facts. he is a business with a bad reputation for taking peoples money and then not sending out the paid for goods,THAT IS THEFT.

Problem Child
15-04-2012, 10:41 AM
I recently needed some parts and considered Dali. Emailed and spoke to him and he sounded decent enough.

Heard the fixed feedback on NSXCB and made my own choice not to use him. Went to Findlay Acura in Nevada instead (based on recommendation) and saved £650 (Dali was c£20 cheaper again) on the £1300 quoted by HUK. Parts arrived within 10 days with no issues. I was glad for the advise offered by NSXCB but at the end of the day the choice was my own,

The important thing, though is that NSXCB members should continue to have this sort of valuable discussion and keep everyone else informed, allowing us to make our own choices and take our own risks.