PDA

View Full Version : Mark's NSX

NSX-FAN
04-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Just noticed it on PH

http://pistonheads.com/sales/3793625.htm

best of luck with the sale Mark, i remember you were not sure to sell or not a few months ago.

nobby
04-04-2012, 08:35 PM
JEEPERS if i had 55k i would be over this like a RASH!

AMAZING car ... cannot believe you are selling that car is immaculate.

I REALLY REALLY WANT that ... an NSX in black ... got to be the coolest there is

lucky potential owner for sure ... PLEASE someone keep this car in the UK

Sudesh
04-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Amazing motor and not often you see the real late cars come up.

Papalazarou
04-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Wow, good price. Is this the future of facelift prices? I was thinking there were more black cars. But I can only think of three facelifts; two coupes and a targa. I guess there weren't many pre facelifts in that colour either. Anyone hazard a guess? I'm thinking maybe another three. So all in all a very rare colour.
Anyway, I will be watching keenly to see how quickly it sells.

Cheers,

James.

TheSebringOne
04-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Now removed from PH? A change of mind/heart?

NSXGB
05-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Now removed from PH? A change of mind/heart?

Maybe it's sold! :eek:

Lankstarr
05-04-2012, 07:01 AM
Contemplating selling mine once it's been serviced... Was thinking of putting 3 years warranty on it and listing for 65. It has rrp over 10k of additional parts which is want to sell with it... I know they'd be worth less than rrp but it saves someone a lot of hassle if they like R bits!

I would have liked to see marks priced higher, nobody has tested tge water at a higher price and I'm sure people will pay strongly for the right car, it's not like they have to factor depreciation into the cost!!

People's comments certainly suffer this is too cheap!

L*

NSX-FAN
05-04-2012, 12:16 PM
What you tend to find with the NA2's is there are not many high mileage cars out there (40k miles +) and they do not come for sale often so are these cars difficult to value due to the rarity and individuality ?? I remember around 3 years ago NA2's were on PH for around 35-40k with around 25k miles, i guess that is not the case anymore and these cars are on the up.

manisandher
05-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Contemplating selling mine once it's been serviced... Was thinking of putting 3 years warranty on it and listing for 65. It has rrp over 10k of additional parts which is want to sell with it...

FWIW, if I were considering selling mine (I'm certainly not), I'd be inclined to put it up for £49K.

Mani

Hagasan
05-04-2012, 07:44 PM
NA2's are from 1997, 3.2L 6-speed, onwards. It's not just the facelift car as Marky is/was(?) selling. The pop-ups are still NA2

What you tend to find with the NA2's is there are not many high mileage cars out there (40k miles +) and they do not come for sale often so are these cars difficult to value due to the rarity and individuality ?? I remember around 3 years ago NA2's were on PH for around 35-40k with around 25k miles, i guess that is not the case anymore and these cars are on the up.

PeteM
06-04-2012, 10:08 AM
If it sold for anywhere near the asking price then I think he got a very good price for it. Considering the interior is not original that would of put me off from purchasing it (preferred the tan look personally), but I suppose you can't be choosey if you want a late black model.

m666 edd
06-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Or "If it sold" :)

Hagasan
06-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Maybe Mark is the new Rocco? Remember him....should I sell, shouldn't I? Pause..... Should I keep my car or selling it Pause...... I prefer my upside down pram Cab Porsche....:D Anyway goodluck if he sells it it will be a good price. Mind you I think he paid quite a lot for it and then spent a few bob on some pricey parts....

nobby
06-04-2012, 12:12 PM
harsh!

;)

be interested to see if the parts become available ... if so could be interested in some

Maybe Mark is the new Rocco? Remember him....should I sell, shouldn't I? Pause..... Should I keep my car or selling it Pause...... I prefer my upside down pram Cab Porsche....:D Anyway goodluck if he sells it it will be a good price. Mind you I think he paid quite a lot for it and then spent a few bob on some pricey parts....

Hagasan
06-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Maybe I'm just useless at conveying my silly sense of childish humour...... It's a joke in my head but maybe it doesn't comeover that way in a quick type....it's all meant in jest.....

harsh!

;)

be interested to see if the parts become available ... if so could be interested in some

Nick Graves
06-04-2012, 03:59 PM
:D

But fair!

harsh!

;)

Papalazarou
06-04-2012, 05:14 PM
On a serious note. Do we have any idea what our cars are actually worth these days? If a black 2005 car with 32k miles is worth IRO £55K. Then what do I advertise my late 04 with 25K miles for? I guess it's impossible to come up with definitive prices. But with so few cars perhaps we should try.
I notice certain models of car have jumped remarkably lately. TVR Sagaris have increased £10-15K in the last twelve months, which seems out of the blue?

Cheers,

James.

Nick Graves
06-04-2012, 07:19 PM
About the same, I'd imagine.

Whether either of them actually SELL at such a price is another matter.

Bit like the current property market, in many respects.

nobby
06-04-2012, 09:14 PM
NB my ;) ... was not disagreeing with u :)

gosh remember that!

Maybe I'm just useless at conveying my silly sense of childish humour...... It's a joke in my head but maybe it doesn't comeover that way in a quick type....it's all meant in jest.....

AR
06-04-2012, 09:17 PM
On a serious note. Do we have any idea what our cars are actually worth these days? If a black 2005 car with 32k miles is worth IRO £55K. Then what do I advertise my late 04 with 25K miles for? I guess it's impossible to come up with definitive prices. But with so few cars perhaps we should try.
I notice certain models of car have jumped remarkably lately. TVR Sagaris have increased £10-15K in the last twelve months, which seems out of the blue?

Cheers,

James.

James to compare te Sagaris with the NSX is apple and oranges. The TVR is gone and the Saaris ( speed twelve excepted ) is the culmination of TVRs efforts.

I guess what I mean there are cheap NSX and there are not cheap Sagaris. Well that is unless one considers cat D cars. Which brings about the awkward position one sometimes faces when owners of some NSX rant an rave about their cars and one knows the past is less than perfect.

For the record I am not talking about your car, I know it and is a great car that if I was in the market would seriously consider it.

Any future NSX buyer do not pm me about info about to anyone's car including my old cars ymmv etc.

Senninha
06-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Has no one picked up the phone and asked Mark directly??

m666 edd
06-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Has no one picked up the phone and asked Mark directly??

Yeah but the operator didn't know which Mark I was after.

Papalazarou
07-04-2012, 03:29 PM
James to compare te Sagaris with the NSX is apple and oranges. The TVR is gone and the Saaris ( speed twelve excepted ) is the culmination of TVRs efforts.

I guess what I mean there are cheap NSX and there are not cheap Sagaris. Well that is unless one considers cat D cars. Which brings about the awkward position one sometimes faces when owners of some NSX rant an rave about their cars and one knows the past is less than perfect.

For the record I am not talking about your car, I know it and is a great car that if I was in the market would seriously consider it.

Any future NSX buyer do not pm me about info about to anyone's car including my old cars ymmv etc.

I take your point. But what they do have in common is that they're both extremely rare these days and they've both jumped in price significantly in the last year or so.
The Sag' may well be the the pinnacle if TVR's accomplishment, but I wouldn't call it well built.
Out of every car made in the last 20-30 years, I can't think of anything which fits the same market criteria as the NSX.
Everything else was made in Such high numbers.

Anyway, just spent the last three days on my car and have paid myself £600;) Sorry, couldn't resist it. And honestly no offense meant Marky. It's taken me years to learn how to clean cars properly, and its obviously very time consuming. Hopefully get it advertised the beginning of next week.

Cheers,

James.

Marky
07-04-2012, 04:10 PM
you guys are hilarious. Too much time on your hands :laugh:

I recently bought a new car and hence put the NSX up for sale, mainly because I have limited garage space in NW London. After I put the advert up on PH I got a call from my brother who said he would store one of my Porsche's in his garage, so I was able to keep the NSX. My insurance won't allow me to have cars parked on the street. So the NSX is staying with me, however, for those of you who want to know what it is worth, I had two calls from prospective buyers immediately. I think the main reason being the colour, black is super rare. Regarding the interior, the black connolly leather I replaced with the tan is far superior quality, and looks ten times better in my opinion and most who saw both see attached). Look forward to seeing you all soon at the next NSX meet. Happy motoring.

NSX-FAN
07-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Nice news to hear your keeping the NSX, i dont think i could part with one if i owned one unless i was in a position to buy a GT3/RS/GT2.

Papalazarou
07-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Nice news to hear your keeping the NSX, i dont think i could part with one if i owned one unless i was in a position to buy a GT3/RS/GT2.

Spend three days cleaning the bastard thing and tell me whether you'd keep it;) It is the pig car from hell to valet properly. There are so many things to clean. The bloody suspension parts which were covered in road film and tar for one.
Now I can understand people buying 911's. They are a gift to clean in comparison. Certainly this could well be my last NSX. I just can't face the aesthetic upkeep. it drives me crazy. Certainly that £600.00 detail (he mourns the invention of this 'wanker' of words). Is looking very attractive. Except that these days I don't trust anyone to do their job properly. Sorry, rant over;).

Cheers,

James.

Marky
07-04-2012, 04:59 PM
James, you are funny. I love cleaning cars, but as I live in a flat in NW London I don't have the luxury of cleaning my cars by hand unless I drive to a friend (and I'm not sure they would welcome me for 5 hours). I own three Porsche's and a Ferrari and the NSX remains my favourite car for everyday use. It really is the useable Supercar. The mid engined layout makes it feel special, and the engine makes such a lovely noise when you go over 5000 rpm. It is a great car, and I love it.

NSX-FAN
07-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Spend three days cleaning the bastard thing and tell me whether you'd keep it;) It is the pig car from hell to valet properly. There are so many things to clean. The bloody suspension parts which were covered in road film and tar for one.
Now I can understand people buying 911's. They are a gift to clean in comparison. Certainly this could well be my last NSX. I just can't face the aesthetic upkeep. it drives me crazy. Certainly that £600.00 detail (he mourns the invention of this 'wanker' of words). Is looking very attractive. Except that these days I don't trust anyone to do their job properly. Sorry, rant over;).

Cheers,

James.
Made me chuckle a little there James, plenty of good detailers out there, detailingworld is the best website. I particularly enjoy cleaning cars.

nobby
07-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Mark

Great news you have been able to keep the car

the colour is amazing and if I ever have the money I will certainly let you know if you ever want to part with it.

I think your interior looks fab now ... im sure the leather in it now is way better than the original supplied by Honda ... which imho is not that great to begin with

not surprised you had callers immediately!

I think the main reason being the colour, black is super rare. Regarding the interior, the black connolly leather I replaced with the tan is far superior quality, and looks ten times better in my opinion and most who saw both see attached). Look forward to seeing you all soon at the next NSX meet. Happy motoring.

nobby
07-04-2012, 05:28 PM
James

contact this guy if you cant trust anyone.

www.kdsdetailing.co.uk (http://www.kdsdetailing.co.uk/)

highly regarded as one of the best in the business. the guy who looked after my car studied with this dude ... his work is exceptional and has cars like veyron's etc to maintain

so your NSX would be in VERY safe hands

Except that these days I don't trust anyone to do their job properly. Sorry, rant over;).

Cheers,

James.

Nick Graves
07-04-2012, 06:05 PM

I recently bought a new car and hence put the NSX up for sale, mainly because I have limited garage space in NW London. After I put the advert up on PH I got a call from my brother who said he would store one of my Porsche's in his garage, so I was able to keep the NSX. My insurance won't allow me to have cars parked on the street. So the NSX is staying with me, however, for those of you who want to know what it is worth, I had two calls from prospective buyers immediately. I think the main reason being the colour, black is super rare. Regarding the interior, the black connolly leather I replaced with the tan is far superior quality, and looks ten times better in my opinion and most who saw both see attached). Look forward to seeing you all soon at the next NSX meet. Happy motoring.

Well it would do if you take a picture in the dark ;)

No I'm sure black Connolly does look 1,000 times nicer than Honda Hearing-aid Beige.

A black S2000 is quite tidy to grind with a polisher; I'd imagine a black NSX is a bloody nightmare, but stunning when done.

Glad you can keep the car after all; I'm sure you'd have regretted selling it.

m666 edd
07-04-2012, 06:15 PM
I can't stand having to wash a car. God knows why most of my cars have been black. My NSX always has a protective layer of dirt helping to achieve a used look :)

Senninha
07-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I'd second this referall as he has done work for me and has worked on several owners cars.

Kelly will get to work on my NSX when the time is right ....

regards, Paul

James

contact this guy if you cant trust anyone.

www.kdsdetailing.co.uk (http://www.kdsdetailing.co.uk/)

highly regarded as one of the best in the business. the guy who looked after my car studied with this dude ... his work is exceptional and has cars like veyron's etc to maintain

so your NSX would be in VERY safe hands

Papalazarou
07-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys:) I think I've just cleaned so many NSX's; my own and other peoples that I'm sick of the methodical boredom of it. Regarding trusting other people, I have a couple of issues; first of all, I hate the detailing culture; they've cut out a pretentious little niche in the market and made car enthusiasts scared to clean their own cars without fear of serious damage.
Second, and I guess this really shows my neurosis, I hate the word 'detailer.' They're ****ing valeters!! Jesus, if I wasn't so jacked off with this tail wagging the dog car culture, I'd do it on the side for £300 per day.
Finally, I'd be really surprised if they're as OCD as I am, especially after viewing some of the 'pro's' efforts at JF last year. Just no attention to detail, goddamn I said it! I meant attention to the car as a whole.
Anyway, Hopefully the next car won't the nightmare the last four have been.
By the way Marky, I like your vibe. Personally I think we're all hilarious.

Cheers,

James.

Sudesh
07-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys:) I think I've just cleaned so many NSX's; my own and other peoples that I'm sick of the methodical boredom of it. Regarding trusting other people, I have a couple of issues; first of all, I hate the detailing culture; they've cut out a pretentious little niche in the market and made car enthusiasts scared to clean they're own cars without fear of serious damage.
Second, and I guess this really shows my neurosis, I hate the word 'detailer.' They're ****ing valeters!! Jesus, if I wasn't so jacked off with this tail wagging the dog car culture, I'd do it on the side for £300 per day.
Finally, I'd be really surprised if they're as OCD as I am, especially after viewing some of the 'pro's' efforts at JF last year. Just no attention to detail, goddamn I said it! I meant attention to the car as a whole.
Anyway, Hopefully the next car won't the nightmare the last four have been.
By the way Marky, I like your vibe. Personally I think we're all hilarious.

Cheers,

James.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts too lol.

Also the term Detailer, has been taken from the US! I can recall as far back as late 80's early 90's when I was there that, when I asked about valeting our car, the guy didn't really understand the term, eventually realising what I ment he explained it was called detailing!

nobby
07-04-2012, 09:47 PM
You cynics!!

:)

Senninha
07-04-2012, 11:26 PM
As Mark is keeping his NSX I'm not too concerned with continuing to take this off topic .... :D

James,

I know where you're coming from with the OCD / attention comments ... so maybe this will help you ...

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=258819

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=255991

And his speciality ...

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=251900

Kelly is a trained painter, ran his own bodyshop and mechanical workshop with his father and now focusses on full 'valets' mostly on high end and classic cars. His frustration with finding painters has led him to recently install a new paint booth in his workshop to ensure the paint finish / color match is as it should be. He did a Pearl Yellow Lambo a while back ... perfect in every light condition.

regards,

Paul

(NB - no association other than having used and been very impressed by his service. When he valeted Avalyn's CRV he even removed a couple of soft dents to the bonnet (no charge to me) because they spoiled the reflections and therevy the results we would see!!)

TheSebringOne
07-04-2012, 11:31 PM
James, are you really selling up? If so, what next on this merry go round? :D

Papalazarou
08-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Paul, I had a look at the links and your guy seems very accomplished. I think the biggest problem with anything skill based is it always seems to be situated in the south-east. Which I guess is where the money is.
My comments earlier were really twofold. First, if you are very fussy about finish, the NSX is a tough car to keep clean. Second, although I have enjoyed the cleaning part of owning my cars, I'm beginning to see how totally absurd the whole circus is. I mean to say that it feels as if the materialistic tail is wagging the dog.
Hence James, why I am selling up. I can honestly see why you never drive yours.

Cheers,

James.

AR
09-04-2012, 07:56 PM
James is going to the darkside again methinks!

Sudesh
09-04-2012, 08:14 PM
I though about selling mine too, but don't think anyone could afford it!! lol

Senninha
09-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I though about selling mine too, but don't think anyone could afford it!! lol

I'm in ... most mags agree that clean early NSX are available for £15k so I'll be on the ferry and get her out of your way my friend!!

Sudesh
09-04-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm in ... most mags agree that clean early NSX are available for £15k so I'll be on the ferry and get her out of your way my friend!!

lol your half way there!