PDA

View Full Version : Front chin spoiler

dickyf
04-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Needed for 91 car. Honda sent one which arrived broken and aren't expecting any stock until the end of may.
Thanks

scottg
04-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Dicky,

Contact these guys they are breaking two cars according to a post they made yesterday http://as-motorsport.info/EN/nsx-used.htm

Hagasan
04-04-2012, 11:38 AM
You'll find regularly with NSX parts that the ETA's can be quite far reaching then once ordered they turn up far quicker. Another route is to buy from the US. The spoiler will cost you about £120-130 including all taxes and shipping. It just fits within the USPS size limits.

The actual 91 version of the lip is no longer available from Honda. You'll end up with the 97+ version which is actually nicer in my opinion.

Needed for 91 car. Honda sent one which arrived broken and aren't expecting any stock until the end of may.
Thanks

NSXGB
04-04-2012, 11:47 AM
...& don't forget the hardware!

dickyf
04-04-2012, 11:56 AM
thanks
will the later one fit??

NSXGB
04-04-2012, 12:39 PM
thanks
will the later one fit??
Yes and I agree, it looks better.

Sudesh
04-04-2012, 06:03 PM
The early type thin lip spoiler is no longer available, it was made obsolete quite a while back. So when you order a front lip spoiler today you will automatically get the revised one, as came standard on the 96/97 on NSX's

The later spoiler as seen on the 2002 to 2005 wont fit.

Hagasan
04-04-2012, 07:38 PM
The early type thin lip spoiler is no longer available, it was made obsolete quite a while back. So when you order a front lip spoiler today you will automatically get the revised one, as came standard on the 96/97 on NSX's

The later spoiler as seen on the 2002 to 2005 wont fit.

As per my reply to the OP's switch to blog mode :)

Sudesh
04-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Don't do the whole blog thing at all, not for me, set in my old ways lol. But 2 brownie points for you if that keeps you happy lol

Hagasan
04-04-2012, 09:54 PM
No I agree, not sure why the OP switched to blog mode? Just saying that I answered the same query over there in blogsville :) Can't say I'm any happier tonight though lol

Don't do the whole blog thing at all, not for me, set in my old ways lol. But 2 brownie points for you if that keeps you happy lol

Sudesh
04-04-2012, 09:59 PM
No I agree, not sure why the OP switched to blog mode? Just saying that I answered the same query over there in blogsville :) Can't say I'm any happier tonight though lol

lol I wouldn't even know how to switch to blog!

I was bought an IPad thing for Christmas and still trying to get used to it, my 6 year old cousin was showing me how to use it today lol I do play the odd game on it.

dickyf
05-04-2012, 10:34 AM
switching to a blog was purely unintentional. I have ordered one from AS motorsport. he advises the part number for the 90-01 MY has not changed and all lips are identical. his words not mine.

m666 edd
05-04-2012, 10:46 AM
switching to a blog was purely unintentional. I have ordered one from AS motorsport. he advises the part number for the 90-01 MY has not changed and all lips are identical. his words not mine.

That is correct. It is just that the NSX from the factory on the early models had a different splitter which doesn't exist as a replacement part. The difference is the original splitter isn't as deep as the replacement/current splitter.

m666 edd
05-04-2012, 10:56 AM
To show the difference some hotlinked images (hope pistonheads / owners don't mind)!

Original:
http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3782/3782513-7.jpg

Replacement / later version:
http://images.pistonheads.com/nimg/23056/nsx1.jpg

Lankstarr
05-04-2012, 11:01 AM
How much was it shipped?

I've just ordered a part from Dali and was considering chucking a few of these in for people, due to size it makes more sense to ship a load of them together.

L*

dickyf
05-04-2012, 04:17 PM
194 euros shipped. I lost the tax by giving him my VAT no. I can order more if anyone wants one. he did say he would discount on a larger order.
50 euros for the fixing bolts.
i haven't paid for it yet so let me know.

nigel
20-04-2012, 10:27 PM
You might try getting with Tim Poliniak for these and most other parts.
I have nothing to do with his business but I got my replacement lip, ($110 U.S.) and so many other parts a lot less than 194 euros, in this case. At least check with him before you buy from others.
Because of the lack of weight the freight should be damn near nout.
I do have a spare, new, in the box, '02 - '05 lip, (verifying it won't fit a '92) someone can have for free if they cover the post from here.

Cheers
nigel

Hagasan
20-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Hi Nigel,

could I take you up on that offer please? I know the lip box is just within USPS limits so about $50 shipping to the UK.

PLease let me know.

THanks,

Gary

You might try getting with Tim Poliniak for these and most other parts.
I have nothing to do with his business but I got my replacement lip, ($110 U.S.) and so many other parts a lot less than 194 euros, in this case. At least check with him before you buy from others.
Because of the lack of weight the freight should be damn near nout.
I do have a spare, new, in the box, '02 - '05 lip, (verifying it won't fit a '92) someone can have for free if they cover the post from here.

Cheers
nigel