PDA

View Full Version : I think on a whole a rare beast for sale...

Hagasan
02-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Well all you manual NSX wannabe owners saw this for sale http://pistonheads.com/sales/3788572.htm

Seems like a real rare colour, targa, manual , perforated seats etc nice spec car. May even be the later ABS?

And a handy plate too....

Sudesh
02-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Updated ABS and that interior came as Standard in the UK from 2000 on!

Papalazarou
02-04-2012, 10:02 PM
I was offered that car last year when on the hunt for my present one. The owner was looking for something else, but couldn't find anything as good for the money.
From memory most of those miles were motorway, so it should be a good car to own.

Cheers,

James.

TheSebringOne
02-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Looks like a very nice & lovely example. It should be snapped up!

Anyone know of this car?

Sudesh
02-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Looks like a very nice & lovely example. It should be snapped up!

Anyone know of this car?

I recall seeing this car before and back in 2008 it sold for around the same money it's currently advertised for.

TheSebringOne
02-04-2012, 10:58 PM
The Charlotte green one on PH is being sold by the same person as it has the
same contact number. I think it has been mentioned on the another thread.

WhyOne?
03-04-2012, 07:24 AM
If the car is straight, that isn't going to hang about very long!

My car is also a 2001 and, just to confirm what Sudesh wrote, has the updated ABS system.

NSX-FAN
03-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Kingsey said to me there was an Orange one in Cheshire and i also see a Charlotte Green NSX, NOS 3, so they could be in cheshire.

nobby
03-04-2012, 08:22 AM
well based on the flurry of requests on here in recent weeks ... i would be surprised if this car was NOT sold by end of today

looks the dogz for sure!

matpp
03-04-2012, 09:55 AM
James put me onto this car at the end of Jan 2011 but at the last minute the owner decided not to sell.

If anyone wants more details, pm me your email address.

Cheers,

matpp
03-04-2012, 03:31 PM
well based on the flurry of requests on here in recent weeks ... i would be surprised if this car was NOT sold by end of today

looks the dogz for sure!

You were right.......deposit taken today and car to be collected tomorrow by its new owner!

scottg
03-04-2012, 03:39 PM
You were right.......deposit taken today and car to be collected tomorrow by its new owner!

I am delighted to say the new owner is me. Thank you to all the forum members for advice given during my search

Nick Graves
03-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Congratulations!

Looks fantastic and that's gotta be the best personal plate for an NSX!

Sudesh
03-04-2012, 04:16 PM
I am delighted to say the new owner is me. Thank you to all the forum members for advice given during my search

Congrats!

Get the photos up when you get a chance.

scottg
03-04-2012, 04:17 PM
The plates a real bonus Nick. I have bought a newer car than I intended so I have allot of explaining and grovelling to do at home.
Now I need to find my local NSX owners in Dorset so I have an excuse to go for a drive!

richmills
03-04-2012, 04:38 PM
One Dorset owner here, although only just, I'm right on the border of the new forest around Christchurch.

kingsley
03-04-2012, 04:47 PM

Hi Scottg,

Very pleased you have found your car, looks very nice. Great Number plate, Have fun....Bring it to Silverstone Classic

Kingsley

scottg
03-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi Scottg,

Very pleased you have found your car, looks very nice. Great Number plate, Have fun....Bring it to Silverstone Classic

Kingsley

Thanks Kingsley,

i will also attend Japfest and the Goodwood breakfast club supercar Sunday meet if anyone is going, I think thats the first Sunday in May normally

NSX-FAN
03-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Congratulations Sir, lovely car, be great to see this at a future show such as Japfest or Silverstone Classic.

gumball
03-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Congratulations, enjoy.

Nick Graves
03-04-2012, 07:16 PM
The plates a real bonus Nick. I have bought a newer car than I intended so I have allot of explaining and grovelling to do at home.
Now I need to find my local NSX owners in Dorset so I have an excuse to go for a drive!

That's the easy bit; it's unlikely to depreciate (so long as you spend lots looking after it!) so it's in fact cheaper than a £20K pox box like a new Zzzzzzzzz...sorry, I bored myself to sleep there.

Just go out & buy all the toot (grease for the roof seals, a new lightbulb, rim wax, etc) one item at a time. That's lots of journeys.

NSXGB
03-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Good work sir. Enjoy.

Lankstarr
03-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Nice work, looks like a great motor.

Lots of interest in this and a very quick sale... Begs the question as to what people who have been looking a long time would have paid...

Anyone (sitting quite gutted) care to chip in?

I'm not trying to pi55 the seller off but always think when a car sells this quickly it could've fetched more... I sold my current car in less than 12 hours the first time around, turned a quick profit then regretted it. Got it back a year later for 2k more!

Would anyone have paid 35 for this... Bidding is open.

L*

Hagasan
03-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Well I know of one similar that went for mid-thirties a few months back....

Anyway I'm looking forward to my finders-fee in the post.... or at least the thread starter ;)

Nice work, looks like a great motor.

Lots of interest in this and a very quick sale... Begs the question as to what people who have been looking a long time would have paid...

Anyone (sitting quite gutted) care to chip in?

I'm not trying to pi55 the seller off but always think when a car sells this quickly it could've fetched more... I sold my current car in less than 12 hours the first time around, turned a quick profit then regretted it. Got it back a year later for 2k more!

Would anyone have paid 35 for this... Bidding is open.

L*

nobby
03-04-2012, 09:47 PM
this car was always gonna sell, glad you got sorted scott

now the real fun begins... NSX refresh!

;)

WhyOne?
04-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Easily worth £35k and would have sold just as quickly at this price IMHO.

nobby
04-04-2012, 08:01 AM
hope the seller does not see this thread before scott goes to pick the car up!!!;)

scottg
04-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for the comments guys you can imagine how little sleep I have had overnight. The car arrives today having agreed delivery as part of the sale so by lunchtime I will have it safely tucked up in the garage.

sorepaws
04-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for the comments guys you can imagine how little sleep I have had overnight. The car arrives today having agreed delivery as part of the sale so by lunchtime I will have it safely tucked up in the garage.

Sign up for the Silverstone Classic - you know you want to :-) .. Congrats on the new car its going to bring miles of smiles to your face.

scottg
04-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Sign up for the Silverstone Classic - you know you want to :-) .. Congrats on the new car its going to bring miles of smiles to your face.

Looked at the thread and it looks like my new car was there in one of the photos

nobby
04-04-2012, 10:06 AM
I REALLY HOPE NOT!!!! :eek:

get out and ENJOY IT! :)

you will regret it

I will have it safely tucked up in the garage.

scottg
04-04-2012, 10:52 AM
I REALLY HOPE NOT!!!! :eek:

get out and ENJOY IT! :)

you will regret it

I wish but will have to wait until this evening as I am working until 6pm

Senninha
04-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Looked at the thread and it looks like my new car was there in one of the photos

Well Done, have fun and enjoy and as Nick says, the low depreciation (or even Appreciation) will make the explaining easier!!

Look forward to meeting you both soon ...

BTW, the Imola at Silverstone was most likely Mark's Type S

regards, Paul